Sign in to follow this  

CRF230 all info available needed

For the life of me I can't understand why 19 cc's more cost 1500 extra dollars. The only differences I can see between the 230 and the 250 are 3 mill larger front shocks 2 mill larger mono the rear disk.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but if that is all you see different, then you may not really know what you are looking at. I won't go into all the details as they would be extensive. Rest assured that the XR250 is way more bike than the CRF230. While the difference in engine size may be slight, the power output will be more significant. Also, the suspension and frame ( and basically everything else) on the 250 will be strong/better.

I won't go into all the details as they would be extensive.
Duh pull your head out. The post is infact a quest for more infromation such as HP to weight ratio ect.

Well Star_Mstr, as berudd so eloquently put it, knowing what one is looking at is the first step in discovering the differences. Tell us what you can find out about the XR250- it is on Honda's official website after all- and what you can find out about the CRF230 (same location), and we will explain the differences to you if you cannot figure it out on your own. I'm not sure why you need to know the HP/Weight "infromation"(sic) unless you intend to drag race or something. Want a higher HP/Weight ratio? Get an open class motocrosser, not a trail bike like an XR250 or entry level trail bike like the CRF230. Above all, when searching for 'information' or help, observe the willingness of people to respond positively when approached with a little tact, not 'duh get your head out'.

what else can you do to your crf 230 for a bit of get up and go.I have the rev-box,jet kit,exhaust baffel removed..any thing else

For the life of me I can't understand why 19 cc's more cost 1500 extra dollars. The only differences I can see between the 230 and the 250 are 3 mill larger front shocks 2 mill larger mono the rear disk.
The post is infact a quest for more infromation such as HP to weight ratio ect.

Well, I read the top post 3 times and for the life of me, I can't find ANY reference to wanting to know about the HP to weight ratio...

When you come to the Forums, and want to find out information, be specific with your question(s). The people that reply here are certainly not mindreaders: if they were, they wouldn't be wasting their time here. The more detailed information you can provide, the more people can accurately reply with information to answer your inquiries.

As xrdude says, the CRF230 is an entry-class level off-road trail bike, and the XR250 is an intermediate-level bike built by Honda for the same purpose. Do a little more research on your own before accusing people of having their head up their :applause:

power to weight ratio doesnt mean much at all, my crf will hands down eat any xr250 and they are the same cc's the bikes are out there for your riding intentions, if your a putting around rider get a crf230, if you are more agressive then get a xr250(my oppinion better choice) and if ur genna race mx then get a crf250

i know i added the crf250 in there and its not what ur asking about but displacement is the same