Sign in to follow this  

How To Weelie A Crf/xr100

im having trouble weelieing my crf100 :crazy: anybody got any tips for me:confused: ohh yea and its stock:excuseme:

Practice practice practice practice :crazy:

It takes a lot of skill, balance, and brake control to wheelie an underpowered bike like a crf100

Work on dumping the clutch hard as can be, getting the wheelie as high as possible, and covering the brake to keep from coming back

Its really hard to wheelie these bikes at first because they don't have enough power to keep it up.. gotta keep it at balance point

Heres a pic of me on my friends crf100, bone stock except for renthal bars and street tires

img0477hg4.jpg

Practice practice practice practice :crazy:

It takes a lot of skill, balance, and brake control to wheelie an underpowered bike like a crf100

Work on dumping the clutch hard as can be, getting the wheelie as high as possible, and covering the brake to keep from coming back

Its really hard to wheelie these bikes at first because they don't have enough power to keep it up.. gotta keep it at balance point

Heres a pic of me on my friends crf100, bone stock except for renthal bars and street tires

img0477hg4.jpg

Nice shot dude....That's not a wheelie...

That's talent...!:D

any bike can wheelie stock....just make sure you shift your weight to the rear of the bike....it'll help the bike come up A LOT easier. and make sure your right foot is covering the rear brake.....if you think it's coming up way too much, tap the brake, it'll come back down.

sit back a little, start roling in 3rd gear(5-10mph), pull clutch, throttle 1/4, let the clutch go rather fast but do it smoothly. that's what I do. I don't really use the brake; i just let off the throttle when i'm getting in trouble..

sit back a little, start roling in 3rd gear(5-10mph), pull clutch, throttle 1/4, let the clutch go rather fast but do it smoothly. that's what I do. I don't really use the brake; i just let off the throttle when i'm getting in trouble..

3rd gear is not enough power to learn on, even with dumping the clutch.... 2nd gear is best....and if you don't use the rear brake....you will definately get in trouble. the rear brake is the only thing that's gonna stop you from looping once you go past balance point.

dose anyone know were to get rear stunt pegs for a crf100???

www.50stunt.com

:D:crazy:

edit: oooh there still not listed on the site. Email him and he can hook you up.. I believe its $55 + shipping.. But they have built in chain adjusters and are very nice.. I run a set on my crf50

towilee what time do you usually go to parking lots:confused:

What do you mean what time??

Like time of the day??

Time of the week?

My favorite lot (which that picture is from) is a huge church parking lot.. I can go there anytime they don't have service, which they only have service on wensdays and sundays

I typically stunt from 4pm-10pm on weekdays, and anytime weekends :crazy:

edit: if you mean "what time do I go to parking lots that traffic isn't there", well I go to parking lots that traffic isn't really ever at :D

Pretty much all the parking lots I ride at, are the same places parents bring their kids to ride bicycles, and people bring their RC cars out to play

i aggree 2 second is good to start but once you get the hang of it shifting makes a good wheelie.

yeah, yeah, that's a cool picture, but I'm wanting to see the picture snapped about 15 seconds AFTER that one was taken....

And the bill for all the replacement stuff :crazy:

yeah, yeah, that's a cool picture, but I'm wanting to see the picture snapped about 15 seconds AFTER that one was taken....

And the bill for all the replacement stuff :applause:

hehe

That picture would have only been disastrous, had I not known brake control :crazy:

Check out the video in my signature :D

untitledyq5.jpg

I finnaly got some time to try your tips... and i couln't get the rear brake in time. im suprised nothing happened to the bike. im gettin the hang of it thoe.

I finnaly got some time to try your tips... and i couln't get the rear brake in time. im suprised nothing happened to the bike. im gettin the hang of it thoe.

Don't worry, these bikes are pretty much bullet proof

Main thing you gotta watch out for, is bending the handle bars, and breaking the clutch level/brake lever

I've flipped my 150f many times... Had it just flipping down the pavement.. I've actually managed to NEVER break a lever..

Bent my stock bars a little, and got some renthals..

but my levers were all fine :crazy:

btw I run cut levers.. That way they don't have much of a chance at breaking.. 1 finger on the clutch and 2 fingers on the front brake is all I need