Chest Protectors With Leatt Brace?

That is the one I thought it would be. I like the shoulder protection because it has saved me from some significant damage in the past and I like to stick with that, based on past experience.

Thanks,

Mark

Anytime! I'll probably upgrade soon, since it seems to be a fairly common injury that I would rather avoid!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the R3 different in shape from the airframe?

I just got a brace for my BD so I haven't ridden with it yet. But just fitting it at home, the Fox airframe fits front to back, but it feels like it might need some work with the shoulders.

It is hard to tell without riding though.

i think its a differnt shape but im not 100% sure.

I had to cut out part of the shoulder cups on the sides to get it to fit. It will probably depend on what size your airframe is. The larger it is the better chance you'll have.

It's impossible to get the shoulders over the brace without cutting it.

Well in that case, I have done the impossible.

will the brace still fit with the sentenial if your using the back plate? or will it only work if u just use the back strap with no backplate

thanks cause im about to get both of theese

It works with both. Taking the back plate off still leaves the shoulder area on and doesn't affect the fit one bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a fox CP that I thought the shoulder guard was rubbing the leatt. I realized that when you adjust the CP, the shoulder guards actually move outwards :worthy: Nice :worthy:

I forgot that CP's can actually be adjusted. It's like adjusting jumper pants.

My FOX CP has 4 straps, 2 in front and back. It has 3 screw points. I moved it to the 3rd hole and that made the front and back shield to go lower and shoulder guards farther apart. That made space for my leatt brace.

Before dumping or cutting your CP, try adjusting it first.

Ok, now that I have done 2 races with the brace and a large Fox airframe, I'm happy to report that the combo works very well. No need to alter the shoulder on the CP.

One of the race was a Hare Scramble so I was wearing a Camelback on top of the CP and the brace and it didn't bother me over the 2 hours (the blisters on my hand did... :-)

I have an Acerbis, not too sure which one but it fits OK at best. It seems to restrict movement alittle but I havn't tried adjustment. I bought the brace before i even knew about Leatt. I bought it because it fit my larger frame. It seemed like the other CP's kinda pointed outward. I have a rather large chest so it was difficult finding my CP in the first place. Are there any other people out there that are realitively muscular and have found a protector that fits? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• 10 months later...

I use the evs evo 4 and fits perfectly and holds the brace snuggly in place without any of the leatt straps, I tried several others as I would really like something beefier with some shoulders. Will check out the tld ones as they are the guys that bring in the brace. For motocross I would still keep wearing my evo 4 as it feels so comfortable. P.S. the tall guys with long necks seem to be able to wear whatever they want - lots of room, short neck means the brace needs to be firmly on your shoulders or else range of motion of your helmet is limited.

Here is how I do it with the Sentinel. Put on the Sentinel, slide the back piece of the Leatt into the sentinel, hook the "tabs" of the leatt under the shoulder straps of the sentinel, then stick the front plate in and buckle it. I am using the small pins too btw.

I have the large pins on mine and the Sentinel

I also start with the rear first , then stuff the front under the chest protector

Buckle up the leatt and hook the strap from the sentinel

works good for me :lame:

I use the HRP Flak Jak with rib protectors made for the Leatt. Fits great, easy to put on and the rib guards are sort of like a kidney belt with protection.

No compliants at all.

So just looked it up online, looks like it works with the leatte as good as could be expected. Two questions 1. does the padded back thing interfere with your kidney belt or does it replace the kidney belt? 2. does it have some sort of d-rings on the shoulder guards? hard to see in their pictures - possibly for hooking onto a hydro pack? Thanks

Anyone out there know of any other designed specifically for the leatte brace? Troy Lees out yet?

So just looked it up online, looks like it works with the leatte as good as could be expected. Two questions 1. does the padded back thing interfere with your kidney belt or does it replace the kidney belt? 2. does it have some sort of d-rings on the shoulder guards? hard to see in their pictures - possibly for hooking onto a hydro pack? Thanks

Anyone out there know of any other designed specifically for the leatte brace? Troy Lees out yet?

Question 1: No, I wear a kidney belt and it is lower than the HRP belt but they do overlap a little. No discomfort though, fits great. Keep in m ind I bought mine with the rib protectors which fit snug.

2: No D rings on the shoulder guards, just your standard nylon straps which I guess you could attach a pack to. They are about 1.5" long.

I give it a 10 b/c it works with the Leatt and really provides all around protection. Did have to wait 6 weeks to get it though.

• 3 weeks later...