Photo of my KLX - let's see yours...

PigPenKLX450

I'm out of action with injury but hope to be up and running soon,I'm working up the courage to attempt to take off the stator cover to fix my clutch and then in hopefully a week or two ill be healed enough to ride,we should head out to glasshouse one day.

I'm out of action with injury but hope to be up and running soon,I'm working up the courage to attempt to take off the stator cover to fix my clutch and then in hopefully a week or two ill be healed enough to ride,we should head out to glasshouse one day.

Stator cover? clutch is on the other side? Anyways always keen for a ride

P.s sorry to all for hi jacking this thread lol

great pic. I'm in the market for a 450. can't decide between the Kaw and Honda. any advice either way would be appreciated. We ride texas cross country where everybody rides KTM, Honda, and very few KLX 450Rs. I rode a KLX and loved it. Any know issues in tight woods you guys are aware of?

great pic. I'm in the market for a 450. can't decide between the Kaw and Honda. any advice either way would be appreciated. We ride texas cross country where everybody rides KTM, Honda, and very few KLX 450Rs. I rode a KLX and loved it. Any know issues in tight woods you guys are aware of?

I have both the KLX and CRF 450x. I personally like the feel of the KLX. The cockpit on the CRF is too small for me but both are great bikes. The honda has fewer quirks from the factory as far as I know but, I also like not having the same thing as everybody else. If I come across somebody that has one it makes for good conversation. The KLX handles great in the woods. Stock clutch springs should be replaced, they get weak and start to slip. The bike is sprung very light, I am 240 without gear. Much better with it set up for me. Jetting is what should be first and exhuast second, AIS/snorkel at the same time as jetting. It will wake the bike up. Oil screens need cleaned and a lithium battery. My bike has lots done and it is closer to a kx than KLX, but I am keeping the go button, very handy in the woods. I can still pick it up so it is not too heavy for me.

• 1 month later...

Here is my KLX/R 450 2008, ride it most sundays in state forest on the east coast of Australia an love it, 2013 still powering on, great fun bike to ride, But I have to keep control of myself on the public roads as its way to easy to do wheelies on, Its a P8020004.JPGgood thing to stir up road bike riders on ,on the way too the forest ha ha har.

P8020007.JPG

P8020006.JPG

P8020005.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...