PigPenKLX450

Photo of my KLX - let's see yours...

Good Luck in 2012 kaw_klx450r

Your video... Effective, well spoken. Ever think about have a Videographer help you out?

My latest work

looks good, where is that at?

yes i have but this was just a quick throw together off my phone lol

I wasn't really sure what to do for it, and i couldn't figure out the editing part lol (i am an electrical contractor) but the next one i do will be off my gopro helmet cam, may not be much better but at least more action.

Video editing gets pricey if you don't have a killer computer to start with. An editing program can run $8oo + bucks. Then when you start buying camera gear... lets just say its expensive. For me its a winter hobby. Started when my daughter was born.

Let me know if you ever need help, you'd be amazed at what I could do with raw footage.

Always willing to help out a KLX'r

What stator set-up are you using on the KLX Dual Lights????Looks FRICKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Here is the latest version of my KLX. This was taken in November before the Baja 1000.

1000bike2.jpg

1000bike3.jpg

Baxtah we have had issues in the past with the head pipe melting the radiator hose that connects to the water pump. Granted that was with a pro circuit pipe but once we have an issue we try and prevent it from happening again. So in short yes we wrapped the head pipe.

Readjw we run a Baja designs stator but there are a couple other things that were done to make it work. If you are Interested in running duals pm me and I will fill you in.

can you heat wrap the standard klx header pipe? I know some stainless steel can't be wrapped-is this the case with the klx pipe?

I wrapped mine. First day out, rock tagged it, perforated the wrap. It started unwrapping almost immediately.

Other than that it was fine. Didn't notice anything unusual. Other than corrossion if it gets wet and the moisture got trapped within and didn't burn off, not sure what the problem would be.

snowKLX2012_open.jpg

Liz and I in the snow... This was the first time I ever ridden anything in the snow... kinda scary, but fun anyway. Did I mention I love this bike!!

Anyone have clutch problems with their KLX? I did, come to find out from the factory they put a extra washer in the clutch basket ( on accident I am sure ) it ran GREAT the clutch would slip just a bit when you hammered the throttle, it took me a couple of times taking it apart to notice it, now it smokes!! If I could fgure out how to put a pic of mine on here I would!!!

Anyone have clutch problems with their KLX? I did, come to find out from the factory they put a extra washer in the clutch basket ( on accident I am sure ) it ran GREAT the clutch would slip just a bit when you hammered the throttle, it took me a couple of times taking it apart to notice it, now it smokes!! If I could fgure out how to put a pic of mine on here I would!!!

Not me but when an Australian magizine did a project on the klx450 they found the same issue with the clutch slipping due to an extra washer

Here's my '08: it's been jetted and has an '06 KX450 exhaust, 5.6 rear spring, smog system delete kit, Cycra handguards, topless air box, Devol rad guards, stator rebuilt by "the Ricky", K&N filter and powder-coated factory rims.

2011-05-07160319.jpg

Just wondering how the powdercoated rims have held up.

Edited by danny1two3