Pics from the White Knuckle Grand Prix

I'm sidelined with a broken foot so I had the pleasure of laughing and cheering all of you on at the Enduro-X section. My photography skills and camera are mediocre at best but I hope you enjoy :crazy:

Long Course - http://www.stumpjumpers.smugmug.com/gallery/3687271#210981205

Short Course -

http://stumpjumpers.smugmug.com/gallery/3688338#211056013

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet pics! That section was my fav and the ghost riding the bike when in doubt came in handy! :applause:

Yeah, so did riding AROUND the last section of tires :D

Oh yeah, there was a "bottleneck" :bonk:

That was a great event and we had a blast helping out. The course was torn to hell for the poker run, but it was still a blast railing with the HID. I can't believe how much faster you can ride with real light. I only completed two laps due to a packed filter. About a mile or so from camp I got stuck in a rut that I drug my handguards on. After spinning like crazy I murdered my filter and had to limp home on the hot start. B)

Just 5 more days til Goldendale :crazy:

great job don! awesome work on the pics!

that was an awesome race! hare scramble of the year for sure! the course layout was spectacular and one of the most interesting courses I've rode. the endurox section was a blast. great spaghetti feed and camping! what a fun weekend!

here is a technique I never thought to try, smash the tire to go over :crazy:

211080875-M.jpg

also I thought this was the best enduro-x section in the nma series that I've seen. cranberry lake had a good one, but this was better.

and pictures don't do justice to illustrate how tough those logs were... especially in the long course as they narrowed the ribbon and you had to cross where there was only a bike length or less between them, it was a real challenge :crazy::D

the tires were a lot of fun!

I thought KTM fixed that rear suspension problem?

211022061-M.jpg

I love seeing the overall winner, jon seehorn, have just as much a struggle through there as the rest of us!!!

jon did awesome! he's one of the nicest competitors you'll find out there too :crazy:.

I actually have a few videos of the log section that I'll try to get posted today. They are funny, you could have sold tickets to watch that enduro-x section all day, IT WAS THAT ENTERTAINING.

Kelly that Honda with the broken case cover happened on those logs, he tipped it over and the kicker was flipped out and it leveraged a big old chunk of the case cover off where the kick shaft is:cry: :D

A huge thanks to Ryan and the rest of the PANTRA crew, I felt bad as I watched them all day restore dislodged logs, helping riders up, tying up more ribbon, etc... while I did nothing :applause:

I kept hearing about how deep the ruts were out on the course and people packing their air filters.... hopefully we can get the course down to hard pan for next season :crazy:

I kept hearing about how deep the ruts were out on the course and people packing their air filters...

Yeah, it turned out to be an expensive race :crazy::D

I can say though that I had one of the best racing experiences of the year...another guy on a YZ450 and I were battling for about 3/4 of a lap literally side by side through the corners and strait WFO sections. We were both bouncing off the rev limiter and full on power shifting out of the corners and traded the lead probably five or six times...it was awesome! Then I went down in a corner and had to pit for gas at the end of the lap. I don't know which class he was racing but I hope he finished well.

I kept hearing about how deep the ruts were out on the course and people packing their air filters.... hopefully we can get the course down to hard pan for next season :crazy:

the ruts got deep, but there were good lines just few feet to the left or right of them. you had to ride smart. getting stuck in a rut would cost a lot of time.

the air filter situation was UGLY.

211074395-XL.jpg

No wonder Forney said she didn't like the course....

:D

She actually had a blast! She was all smiles when I saw her, and she won the women's c class so she was stoked! Looks like here ghost riding technique didn't work out quite as well! :crazy:

Yeah, it turned out to be an expensive race :crazy:B)

For me this race was more costly than expensive! Well it was expensive too!

You see I went down on the first wave of the long course 10 seconds into the race pushing 50 to 60 mph. B)

I had a great start, but got in behind a few guys and was blinded by the dust as we were about to drop over the hill at the end of the start straight. I think I hit a silt hole or brush pile, but before I knew it I was down on the ground,over the bars after swapping, visor broken, sub frame and hand guard tweaked and shaken up. Bruised and battered realizing bikes were flying by me through the dust I jumped up thinking I was OK. As I rode off I realized I had bit my tongue and could taste the blood and my right ankle and left knee were hurting. I pressed on and started passing people stuck in huge silt ruts and on to the enduro cross section bikes stuck on the logs everywhere I cruised through fairly easily and stalled once on the second set of tires, and had to kick start the bike thats when I realized my ankle was injured pretty bad as it hurt severely to get the bike started. But I pushed on through the continuous silt fields and silt ruts stabbing that ankle into the ground a few times and writhing in pain to make it back to the pits with 1 lap calling it a day.

Drove home went to the hospital as my ankle swelled up huge and I had some impact marks on my head. After some X-rays I found out had fractured my fibula down near my ankle. The good news is this break will not require any surgery and I should be back on my bike in 6 weeks. I am in a walking boot hobbling around and taking lots of pain killers. :bonk::D The bad news is no 24 hour race for me, I'm still planning on going down to support my team but I wont be competing. Also I took the following week off work to help Dean with arrowing and always sweep and pre ride the Black Bear Enduro. Not this year. So now I guess you will see me at a checkpoint or something like that instead. So thats how my White Knuckle HS Odessa style went.:applause:

I am glad to hear that I wasn't the only one with a sand filled air filter.

the bike started running really gutless on the forth lap of the short couse,

so when I got to the deep sandy feild I couldn't keep up enough speed to plain across my front tire knifed in I flew off:thumbsdn: that hert:cry:

I finished and left for home my ribs still are still tender.

to sum it up pain factor 8

fun factor 10

that was the best hare scramble yet

did anyone get the results to vet b

For me this race was more costly than expensive! Well it was expensive too!

You see I went down on the first wave of the long course 10 seconds into the race pushing 50 to 60 mph. :bonk:

I had a great start, but got in behind a few guys and was blinded by the dust as we were about to drop over the hill at the end of the start straight. I think I hit a silt hole or brush pile, but before I knew it I was down on the ground,over the bars after swapping, visor broken, sub frame and hand guard tweaked and shaken up. Bruised and battered realizing bikes were flying by me through the dust I jumped up thinking I was OK. As I rode off I realized I had bit my tongue and could taste the blood and my right ankle and left knee were hurting. I pressed on and started passing people stuck in huge silt ruts and on to the enduro cross section bikes stuck on the logs everywhere I cruised through fairly easily and stalled once on the second set of tires, and had to kick start the bike thats when I realized my ankle was injured pretty bad as it hurt severely to get the bike started. But I pushed on through the continuous silt fields and silt ruts stabbing that ankle into the ground a few times and writhing in pain to make it back to the pits with 1 lap calling it a day.

Drove home went to the hospital as my ankle swelled up huge and I had some impact marks on my head. After some X-rays I found out had fractured my fibula down near my ankle. The good news is this break will not require any surgery and I should be back on my bike in 6 weeks. I am in a walking boot hobbling around and taking lots of pain killers. :applause::crazy: The bad news is no 24 hour race for me, I'm still planning on going down to support my team but I wont be competing. Also I took the following week off work to help Dean with arrowing and always sweep and pre ride the Black Bear Enduro. Not this year. So now I guess you will see me at a checkpoint or something like that instead. So thats how my White Knuckle HS Odessa style went.:D

Dang Roscoe! You never get hurt! That sucks! Hopefully it heals fast. I wrecked in about the same spot as you it sounds like on the start. Same situation, too many riders and too much dust. Luckily, I'm not as fast as you so my highside was only at about 40mph! I could barely move yesterday and my body is still super sore!

Add me to the list of clogged air filters. I had to throw in the towel on my last lap when my bike finally wouldn't rev past idle. I was barely able to get it back to the truck under its own (except for having to push up the hills) power.