Like my new fork tools?

I went to my local shop to order some Yamaha fork tools. They said there were none in the country and there would be a long wait. So, I had a described what I needed to a good friend of mine who just happens to be a fitter and turner (that's probably not his "real" title, but you get the idea). He admits he went a bit over the top, but I'm not complaining :crazy:

To open the top of my KYB twin chamber forks:

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

To install fork seals:

PA210001.jpg

PA210010.jpg

PA210017.jpg

The tube is some really high-tech, strong, self lubricating plastic that was left over from a big job. The slide hammer is brass!

Now all I have to buy is the tool for the big outer nut at the top.

Almost makes me want my seals to start leaking so I can use them!

Regards,

Brian

Looks good! How much for a set?

He made them for me as a favour - in his spare time. I'm pretty sure there are way too many hours in them to be worth buying. I asked him how much they would cost to make when he bought them over and I think he got up to about 6 hours and then we started talking about something else :-)

He said that if he was to make them again it would be a fair bit quicker as he was not sure how the plastic would perform so he was very gentle with it. Work out (say) 4 hours in a big machine shop plus materials...

If you really want a set let me know and I will ask him if he is interested and a price.

Regards,

Brian