Sign in to follow this  

Engine PRoblems!

Ok heres my dilema!I took my bike out 2 days ago.It was about 75 degreess out.Iwarmed it up fine.Then about five minutes into the ride, my bike started to die out (sounds like its running outta gas or something).So i pull over.Checked my gas and gas line,checked my sparkplug, fine. So then, I pushed it home.So then i let the bike cool ok for about 10 minutes, changed the spark plug, then started it again.Ran around my block no problems.I head p the coal banks where i ride and about 5 minutes into the ride again, it started then eventually died out on me.Any ideas what this could be?It seems like when the engine gets hot it will start dying on me.:D:crazy:

Your fuel tank vent hose might be plugged. Also, look for any wires near the engine that are loose and/or frayed. They might be shorting as the engine heats up.

Your fuel tank vent hose might be plugged. Also, look for any wires near the engine that are loose and/or frayed. They might be shorting as the engine heats up.

Bingo. That was my answer too. At least that's where I'd start anyway.

By the way, it would help to say what bike you have in threads like this. Sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn't. I searched for your other post and learned you have an 06 TTR230.

carb dirty??

I hope not.That was the problem when i got my bike right off the dealer! Since it was sitting around in there wherehouse upstairs and didnt wait the extra day to get it so they can prep it and stuff, we took the bike home and it wouldnt start.Here we take it back the next day, and find out there had been dust/dirt in the carb from sitting around.:worthy: Oh yeah nad sry bout npt posting the bike.I figured cause it ws in the TTR section.Yes im still a newb to this site.WEll thnks for the info.

P.S. i took my bike to the dealers Thursday. wating for them to call me back tomarrow hopefully.:worthy:

My vote goes on the gas tank vent hose... check that first.

If the vent hose is clear, check the cap. I got some dirt and mud in mine somehow and it blocked the little check valve ball. If it is the stock cap you can take it apart and clean it.

youngster

Ok its been about 3 and a half weeks since i dropped my bike off at the dealers. picked it up today. Asked them whats wrong and the reply was, "NOTHING"!Nothing at all was wrong.I dunno what the problem was.I didnt ride the bike at all the day prior to it acting up when i took it out to ride.:thumbsup:

Yes its fixed. but when i rode it last i had gas, had the gas on, and had the bike warmed up when it was acting up.