I need help please

Ok I want to get back into riding and was wondering what would be the best bet Iam leaning towards the Dr400sm but I have also looked at the dr650 Iam 5,11 210 lbs This bike would also be used to go back and forth to work money isnt the problem for me! but would like somthing I could play with or ride all day on.:crazy:

Ok I want to get back into riding and was wondering what would be the best bet Iam leaning towards the Dr400sm but I have also looked at the dr650 Iam 5,11 210 lbs This bike would also be used to go back and forth to work money isnt the problem for me! but would like somthing I could play with or ride all day on.:D

You and I are about the same size, but you are 2 inches taller. With my little legs, I tiptoe my SM, so you'll be good. At 210 lbs, my DRZ gives me absolutely zero problems. I scream on the highway while commuting (screaming= relative to a 400 cc motor of course), and when I leave the highway, the fun really kicks in. Fun factor + cheapness + reliability = one of the best motorcycle purchases I have ever made. And I've made a lot. The DRZ is one of my "never sell" bikes. Get one!:crazy:

I'm 6'1 235lbs and the DRZ400sm is fun. 75mph on the freeway isn't a problem. I sat on the 650 and it is a lil' bigger. Larger tank too, but the power is about the same. Sit on both, ride em' if you can, but in the end...it's all on you. They are both Suzuki dependable.

Ok I want to get back into riding and was wondering what would be the best bet Iam leaning towards the Dr400sm but I have also looked at the dr650 Iam 5,11 210 lbs This bike would also be used to go back and forth to work money isnt the problem for me! but would like somthing I could play with or ride all day on.:crazy:

It depends on how you want to ride and where. The DR650 is slightly lower and slightly heavier, but the weight is down lower than on the DR-Z models.

The DR650 is a highway-capable dirt-doable dualsport that can be motarded. The DR-Z400SM is a street hooligan motard that can be dirt-modified with offroad tires and gearing.

If you ever plan on passengers, the DR650 would be more comfortable. If you plan to get air, the DR-Z generally has better composure. Either bike would do better with mods, especially to the suspension and carb.

I have a DR650 and I love it. I only use mine on the street though. I took it off roading a few times (in stock trim) and it was ok for fire roads and wider, straighter trails but tight single track was ROUGH. I know I could've fixed that with better tires and lower gearing, but I enjoy the heck out of the bike on the street. A Dynojet kit and some simple mods really woke it up. I now have Maxxis 6102 and 6103 tires on it (less than $100 for both!) and it's even better on the street. Also, I found the 650 a little too heavy in the trails. Then again, I had just come of a 500 2-stroke which was about 100 lbs lighter.

Boy,I hope Paulsons have better peopple there hey rolled 10,000 miles of my XL250S back in 1985. Reason i no for a fact is I bought the bike new and I ran into the pearson who bought it from them And yes I sold it to Paulsons!! heard They have a very good motorcycle mechanic That is what iam looking for.The reason gave up on rididng was no one new how to work on mine! And it was a honda!!!

I got an 07' DRZ400sm from Paulson's earlier this month for 6000 OTD. The mechanic has a DRZ400sm with the FCR39 mx conversion. He seems pretty knowledgable and everyone there is friendly and easy to talk to. They gave another guy I sent there a screaming deal on a new DRZ400s too. The 650 is a little less money. Either way no one locally beat Paulson's price, and I drove from dealership to stealership. Give em' a call or stop by and make em' an offer.

Iam sure happy with all the help and info you all have given me is there verry many of you who ride and live in olympia area??? Any way I will keep you guess posted on what i get I may even spend the extra money and get the husky if they are any good But i like the fact that paulson's onley a few blocks from me it would be good to get enough of us together and show up at the toy run if i get a bike by then iam glad i kept my motorcycle endorsement for all these years lol lol lol