anyone have a desert tank on an 07?

who ever gave me bad gas over this thread needs to search for themselves before they say i didn't search good enough... there are only 7 post containing "desert tanks" this year and only one of them has those 2 words put together. most talk about desert riding and the over flow tanks. not desert tanks. none of the posts have included pics (which is what i asked for and recieved in this post) and i didn't feel like going through all of your guys garages to see who might have one. thanks for those that showed me theres it was a great help.

who ever gave me bad gas over this thread needs to search for themselves before they say i didn't search good enough... there are only 7 post containing "desert tanks" this year and only one of them has those 2 words put together. most talk about desert riding and the over flow tanks. not desert tanks. none of the posts have included pics (which is what i asked for and recieved in this post) and i didn't feel like going through all of your guys garages to see who might have one. thanks for those that showed me theres it was a great help.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Unbelievable. Now of course, if you said you didn't like the clear one, well...:eek:

the clear one looks good... i'll probably end up with that one (not the biggin without the shrouds). i was wanting to go with a more black and blue theme since thats how i always look after riding but since i polished the frame that idea flew out the window...

Unfortunatley, you have a bit of bad timing. I was on Rockymountainatv which is where I got my tank. They went from $199 when I bought mine 5 months ago to $247 now:thumbsdn: I called them and they said that IMS had a price increase but I checked Motosport and they still had theres at $229 which was the same when I was looking to get mine.:worthy:

It's funny, I saw that Tweav said that now that he saw the clear one he kinda liked it. I was kinda going the other way, now that I saw the black one, I kinda liked it.:worthy:

Either way, more gas = more riding.:worthy:

Unfortunatley, you have a bit of bad timing. I was on Rockymountainatv which is where I got my tank. They went from $199 when I bought mine 5 months ago to $247 now:thumbsdn: I called them and they said that IMS had a price increase but I checked Motosport and they still had theres at $229 which was the same when I was looking to get mine.:worthy:

It's funny, I saw that Tweav said that now that he saw the clear one he kinda liked it. I was kinda going the other way, now that I saw the black one, I kinda liked it.:worthy:

Either way, more gas = more riding.:worthy:

yeah that sucks i missed a good price like that... hopefully i can find a deal at one my my races. you and Tweav should just switch them out...

you know they say the grass is always greener on the other side of thr fence . I was trying to make my bike look stock so no one batted an eye about it being a stock street bike for the pa inspection and insurance . just trying to fly it thru under the radar .

HERE´S MINE. RODE TODAY...FINE BALANCE IN TIGHT TURNS. NO COMPLAINTS SO FAR¡¡¡

DSC00993.jpg

DSC00996.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

So have you figured out how many kilometers/miles you can get on that tank yet? where did you get it and do you think there is enough room to mount Unabiker rad gaurds with that tank on?

So have you figured out how many kilometers/miles you can get on that tank yet? where did you get it and do you think there is enough room to mount Unabiker rad gaurds with that tank on?

what i don't get is how the gas gets from the bottom of the tank (where the shrouds are) to the petcock... have you ever ran it all the way out of gas?

ONE FULL TANK (3.3 GAL), AROUND 95 MILES :worthy: , THAT IN DESERTIC BAJA RUNNING CONDITIONS...

DÓNT KNOW ABOUT THE RADIATOR GUARDS, BUT THE "SHROUD LIKE" TANK EXTENSIONS ARE PRETTY FLEXIBLE, SO IT WOULD BE NOT TOO MUCH TROUBLE TO FIT THEM IN.........

GREETINGS FROM CHILE.

P.D. IT´S AN ACERBIS 3.3 TANK, AND I GOT IT AT MY LOCAL YAMAHA DEALER... ( CLOSE TO 330 BUCKS:rant: )

what i don't get is how the gas gets from the bottom of the tank (where the shrouds are) to the petcock... have you ever ran it all the way out of gas?

THAT´S A GOOD ONE... AT FIRST I THOUGHT THE SAME, BUT REMEMBER THAT WHILE RIDING THE FUEL IS SHAKING ALL AROUND INSIDE THE TANK, SAME FOR ACCELERATING, BRAKING... THERE,S A KIND OF CUP OVER THE PETCOCK, WHICH ACTS AS A CATCH-CAN FOR THE LAST AMOUNT OF FUEL REMAINING, SO ALL THE FUEL DRAINS TO THE CARB...:worthy: . BY THE WAY: ¿WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GET TO THAT POINT?? :worthy:

ONE FULL TANK (3.3 GAL), AROUND 95 MILES :worthy: , THAT IN DESERTIC BAJA RUNNING CONDITIONS...

DÓNT KNOW ABOUT THE RADIATOR GUARDS, BUT THE "SHROUD LIKE" TANK EXTENSIONS ARE PRETTY FLEXIBLE, SO IT WOULD BE NOT TOO MUCH TROUBLE TO FIT THEM IN.........

GREETINGS FROM CHILE.

P.D. IT´S AN ACERBIS 3.3 TANK, AND I GOT IT AT MY LOCAL YAMAHA DEALER... ( CLOSE TO 330 BUCKS:rant: )

Hey thanks for the reply! I have been looking everywhere to find that tank -even on Acerbis website and it deosnt show up anywhere???? I will keep looking I guess cause its a long way to Chile!

I run the IMS 3.1 on my 07WR450, and yesterday I raced round 7 or the AMA National Hare & Hound series. After I came across the finish line people were pointing out that I was leaking something. First glance I figured the breather on the valve cover came off, but nope. I looked a little closer and see gas streaming down the frame and all over the motor, and exhaust. It had leaked for quite a while, I don't know how it never lit up. Once I pulled the tank off I found two .5 inch long stress cracks on the bottom side near the rear mount. Now I have only had the tank just over a year, so I figured I'd call IMS and see what they will do about it. I called and explained what happened and the rep tells me "ship it to us and we will inspect it and prorate it." I ask how much and he says $207 for a new one. I asked what are you talking about I paid $199 for it to begin with. He then tells me they increased their prices by $50. After I told him that I had bought 4 tanks from them in the last few years, and he should inspect the tank and replace it. He then tells me he will do what he can to get me a better price if I send it in. So I did and will wait to hear from him, but i have a feeling I'm gonna be taking my $ something else. Hopefully they will take care of this issue in a fair manner because Dammit I hate the Volcano look of the Clarke.

I run the IMS 3.1 on my 07WR450, and yesterday I raced round 7 or the AMA National Hare & Hound series. After I came across the finish line people were pointing out that I was leaking something. First glance I figured the breather on the valve cover came off, but nope. I looked a little closer and see gas streaming down the frame and all over the motor, and exhaust. It had leaked for quite a while, I don't know how it never lit up. Once I pulled the tank off I found two .5 inch long stress cracks on the bottom side near the rear mount. Now I have only had the tank just over a year, so I figured I'd call IMS and see what they will do about it. I called and explained what happened and the rep tells me "ship it to us and we will inspect it and prorate it." I ask how much and he says $207 for a new one. I asked what are you talking about I paid $199 for it to begin with. He then tells me they increased their prices by $50. After I told him that I had bought 4 tanks from them in the last few years, and he should inspect the tank and replace it. He then tells me he will do what he can to get me a better price if I send it in. So I did and will wait to hear from him, but i have a feeling I'm gonna be taking my $ something else. Hopefully they will take care of this issue in a fair manner because Dammit I hate the Volcano look of the Clarke.

:eek::worthy: :worthy: :eek::worthy:

This is not good news. Keep us informed on what they say.

have you heard anything back yet? i'd like to stick with a company that stands behind there product just in case something happens like it did to you...

I actually had to call them today since I never got a call about my tank. They said that since it was bought over a year ago they would pro-rate me a new one for $147. Obviously they see it was no fault of mine, but they still stop short of replacing their faulty tank. I'm not too happy about it but what can I do? $147 is definitely better thank $250 for a new one or that gawd awful Clarke Volcano tank.

I actually had to call them today since I never got a call about my tank. They said that since it was bought over a year ago they would pro-rate me a new one for $147. Obviously they see it was no fault of mine, but they still stop short of replacing their faulty tank. I'm not too happy about it but what can I do? $147 is definitely better thank $250 for a new one or that gawd awful Clarke Volcano tank.

tell them you won't be satisfied unless you get 2 for that price... then i'll buy the other one from you :worthy: just tell them you need a backup just in case it happens again.