Sign in to follow this  

Nissan Armada?

Okay, so it's been a while since I've posted in here or anywhere on this site for that matter... prerequisites 1-4 have been observed and completed.

Now, I am in the market for a new car and I have determined that I want an SUV My question is, who has or has had an armada? How are they? Do you like it? Any major problems i should be watching out for? Anyone have one for sale? Also, if anyone has pics of their mada i'd love to see them! Thanks guys and it feels good to be back even though the topic isn't bikes

steve

We came close to buying one a couple of years ago. Glad we didn't, though. So far, consumer report Titan/Armada owners have given them a dismal reliability rating. Not sure of the exact issues but I know brakes are one of them. My buddy who owned a Titan said the mileage was horrible, very close to what I'm getting with my 3/4 ton Yukon XL. Strong motor, but you pay for it.

Go to www.clubarmada.com and www.clubtitan.org. You'll be able to have all your questions answered and there are plenty of photos. I have an '05 Titan and have only had the brake judder problem. Taken care of under warranty. I get around 15-16mpg around town and 19-20mpg on the highway (at a steady 70mph). All vehicles have their inherent problems. Just do some research. I think you'd be happy with the Armada.

i picked up an 03 titan about 5 months ago. i love it. not the best gas milage, but it could be worse.

i have some weird brake "judder" sometimes too, but i think my warrenty is up :crazy: its not such a big deal though.

Go to www.clubarmada.com and www.clubtitan.org. You'll be able to have all your questions answered and there are plenty of photos. I have an '05 Titan and have only had the brake judder problem. Taken care of under warranty. I get around 15-16mpg around town and 19-20mpg on the highway. All vehicles have their inherent problems. Just do some research. I think you'd be happy with the Armada.

thanks.. i already have an account on club armada. It's very helpful... i've kind of tapped that source so i was coming here to get some more opinions

the only thing i can tell you about an armada is they WILL do 90mph. i learned this a few weeks ago, and it takes about 10 seconds 20mph to 90.

:crazy:

Go to www.clubarmada.com and www.clubtitan.org. You'll be able to have all your questions answered and there are plenty of photos. I have an '05 Titan and have only had the brake judder problem. Taken care of under warranty. I get around 15-16mpg around town and 19-20mpg on the highway. All vehicles have their inherent problems. Just do some research. I think you'd be happy with the Armada.

That's some great mileage. Almost unbelievable.

I have an 04 titan the brakes were fixed under recall and I have had 0 problems other than that. truck has been very reliable. the 5.6 is a strong quick motor. gas mpg sucks . I dont know how the one guy gets the milage he states. All roads must be downhill only where he lives. I really like the truck.Nissan motors and drive trains are very durable I have a 98 pathfinder beater that gets driven hard in chicago city driving daily, 180k miles and runs like a champ. Just drove it to mxdn from chicago for the mpg . 90mph there and back mountains and all. Love nissans

That's some great mileage. Almost unbelievable.

If I take the egg out from under my gas pedal, it drops down to 12-13!

Just drove it to mxdn from chicago for the mpg . 90mph there and back mountains and all. Love nissans

Can't imagine why you don't get very good gas mileage.

I do in the 3.3 ltr pathfinder . The titan never gets beter than about 14mpg even on the highway with cruise con on. believe me I wish it did.other than the mpg it is a great truck, I will probably buy another.

I do in the 3.3 ltr pathfinder . The titan never gets beter than about 14mpg even on the highway with cruise con on. believe me I wish it did.other than the mpg it is a great truck, I will probably buy another.

You're comparing apples to oranges. The Pathfinder has a 3.3L motor, and weighs around 3600 lbs, while the Titan tips the scales at well over 5,000 lbs and is powered by a 5.6L V8.

But, neither is an Armada.:worthy: