How to quiet the yosh RS2.......a little..vid`s & pic`s

I thought after buying the s/s RS2 that stealth was no longer to B had....Then Robotmachines started on his holy grail......Searches was done...only 2 find out when U stuff the yosh.......U fail.....at least with regards to performance......So ive been running with the medium tec insert wich really made it run....should we say not as good as without.......With the insert out it was a bit 2 loud 4 me....so after Robot energized me i went looking 4 my grail.....so i made this....and stuffed it into the muffler`s full length...

IMG_1879.jpg

Boy it whisteled like the Durango Silverton narrow guage....Not an option...

Well then i tried this....

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

looks a bit funky...but retains the hollow deep low frequency thump.....but surprisingly lowered the sound to 94 db from 97 uncorked. That rating was done with 4000 rpm 45 degr. angle ...20 inches away. Most important there was no difference in performance since i didnt restrict the flow. I had a stainles pipe left ower from my beer brewing thinghymajiggy project. The snappy sound the yosh make when U twist is much more controlled i believe.

Now all eyes are on robotmachines......If he can further lower it to the mid 80`s......without performance sacrifice....then.....cheer`s.

Enjoy

Erling

I have only gad mine for a few days. But I don't find it to be that loud. Even without the cork. I find I can ride it loud or quietly. I like the tones a lot.

I have only gad mine for a few days. But I don't find it to be that loud. Even without the cork. I find I can ride it loud or quietly. I like the tones a lot.

Uncorked it sound`s sweet.....I was just playing with it and thought i`d share what i found. It is up to the individual person 4 sure.....what they consider 2 loud. This looks kind of goofy.....but yet again it lower`s the sound.

So yeah....there it is...the uckly duckling:p :worthy:

Erling

looks a bit funky...but retains the hollow deep low frequency thump.....but surprisingly lowered the sound to 94 db from 97 uncorked. That rating was done with 4000 rpm 45 degr. angle ...20 feet away.

Enjoy

Erling

20 feet away? Jeezus:busted:

20 feet away? Jeezus:busted:

I believe that`s the standard......or so it seems

Erling

I had orriginally put feet not inches in the above post and Jsanfillippo pointed it out.

I didn`t catch it.

Hi erling, :worthy:

That's a very creative solution you came up with.:worthy:

You might try shortening the stainless tubing a little, and putting it inside the muffler and shortening the screen accordingly. Then the mod would still be there, but would be completely undetectable.

Take Care,

Greg

I would of just put ear plugs in.

Hi erling, :worthy:

That's a very creative solution you came up with.:worthy:

You might try shortening the stainless tubing a little, and putting it inside the muffler and shortening the screen accordingly. Then the mod would still be there, but would be completely undetectable.

Take Care,

Greg

Thanks Greg...The RS2 is very temperemental...As soon as you stick anything inside the muffler it start whistle`ing Dixie.....alot....Sound awwfull. Thats why i put it out back. I started out with a 12 inch piece...But that took the nice low thumping away. Made it very quiet..89db. I just wanted to reduce the snappy sound when you wot it. I trien a 3 inch to make it kind of look like the RS3 but there was really not that much improvement. This is reaaly sweet....Beside looking a bit ....hmmmmm......scholastic should we say. It takes away the snappynes...lowers the sound a little...but leaves the wonderfull low frequency thumping alone. I really likes it. If anyone likes...I could make a high quality sound clip and post it. If you got good speakers ...you will hear it clear.

Enjoy

Erling

I would of just put ear plugs in.

Like I said earlier...Sound is a realitive thing, that we all decipher individually. I just thought i`d share my findings. I am not trying to make a statement.

Erling

I believe that`s the standard......or so it seems

Erling

Erling,

The stationary standard is 20" away, as in inches....not 20 feet.

SAE J1287

Erling,

The stationary standard is 20" away, as in inches....not 20 feet.

SAE J1287

Wow that one went under the radar......Of cause inches not feet. Sorry my missprint......Must have been high on espresso. Yes the mesurement was done at 20 Inches not feet. Thanks sundog for catching it......even after jsanfilippo gave the hint.

Enjoy

Erling

Thought i`d throw in a pic with the schroud removed.

IMG_1925.jpg

Enjoy

Erling

Nice work Erling. I don't think it would go w/ the whole look of my bike aesthetically, but very good thinking. :worthy:

Nice work Erling. I don't think it would go w/ the whole look of my bike aesthetically, but very good thinking. :worthy:

Thanks Stringburner.... Yeppers.....it is not the sleekest looking thing..:worthy: I just had to do something. I bought this exhaust, but didnt want to run it uncorked. To me...it was too loud. Neighbors was cool hovever. I saw the threads of people getting rid of their yosh....mostly rs3`s though....But i would get sick if i got rid of it and went back to stock. Kind of funny how it works...It is only 2-3 db higher than with the tec insert....No performance loss. It actually sounds more like a 600cc size motor. Actually sweeter that uncorked imho. Must be something about the channeling. I think i need to post a sound clip....

Erling

I think i need to post a sound clip....

Erling

That would be great!

Ohhhh welll then here is is....

<a  href=th_MVI_1930.jpg' alt='th_MVI_1930.jpg'>

With small canon camera. That`l do 4 now.

Enjoy

Erling

Erling, that sounds great. Same great Yoshimura sound, just a little more mellow. :worthy:

Erling, that sounds great. Same great Yoshimura sound, just a little more mellow. :worthy:

Yeppers......Kind of 2 good 2 be true...... I don`t recal the last time I got that lucky stepping into the unknown.:worthy: :worthy: :eek: :eek:

Erling

That does sound pretty good. How does it sound at highway speed while you're riding it & how does it sound while riding through the neighborhood??

Hey Erling, :worthy:

Your pipe sounds really cool!:worthy:

It must have swapped out the higher frequencies for lower ones.

Take Care,

Greg