Is there any good riding near Jackson, MS?

Hey, riders of the south...

I'll be moving near Jackson Mississippi here in December, I was kinda wondering where the good trails are. I'm leaving Colorado (which has the best trails in the country!) to pursue a great job opportunity in Jackson.

I see there's a National Forest between Jackson and Meridian, that might be a good place for me to check first. I'm defintely gonna miss the good mountain riding of Colorado, but I'm looking forward to hooking up with some local mississippi riders, making new friends, and rippin' up the trails. :worthy:

I just got my dual sport last year....XR650L.....I have gone to Grenada MS which is about 100 miles north of here to ride around my childhood home with a friend of mine that also has a xr650L. Around Jackson there are places to ride but I just haven't took the time to find one.....(got married two years ago). Lets get together!!! I would love to have someone to ride with!! I live in the country just outside of Jackson Mississippi so there are places right where I live.... We just have to find them.

Nice...congrats on your new dual sport, ya cant go wrong with a Honda! Yeah...cool! lets go ride...I found this place in the where2ride section of the forums, its called the corner lot resort, and its right outside of Jackson! I'm not much of a track rider but it couldn't hurt to check it out, I think there is an enduro trail there too. I'll PM ya, or make a new post when I get out to Mississippi.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/viewarea.php?t=522496

By the way.....i can hook you up with a good Yamaha shop! All my friends work there and the customer service is the best!!!! Dont go to the one in Ridgeland MS which is basically north Jackson....go to the one by my house...its in Byram MS and is called South Jackson Yamaha...they are the best! I even had them work on my Honda.

Henry