Sign in to follow this  

My DRZ Mods

I bought an FCR39 carby, but the mechanic reckoned I'd get the extra horses without the new carby.

Picked up the bike today, got the Dyno readings, it shows 47 HP, purely from the powerbomb header and FMF Muffler, K&N air filter and airbox cut outs.

They reckon that they could fit the FCR carby, but at best I'd get another two HP out of it. Also he reckoned that the existing carb would make the bike heaps smoother and more reliable than the FCR Carb.

Dont think I need it, I'm stoked! Only thing is that the exhaust is heaps louder.

Coming home with the bike I do what I normally do and hoist the front wheel up about half a metre, today after the mods I did the same thing and nearly flipped back.............Got lots of new learning to do.

005.jpg

004.jpg

• Like 1

DUDE, put that carb on! He didnt want to do it cuz he prolly never has. Its a tight fit, but its head and shoulders above the stock carb! Get that FCR on there now. Its 2 more ponies, and ponies is like money and women, you can never have enough!:worthy:

And besides that, I think you should get a heat shield on your pipe. The pipes do get pretty hot and will give you a nasty burn.

I wouldn't take those hp numbers to the bank. It runs counter to everyone's experience here. My guess is you're closer to 35-38hp. Search on some of Eddies dyno charts where he maps bike configuration to dyno numbers.

That's a shiny bike. My header pipe looks like crap. Get the FCR! Is the mechanic a DR-Z man? I'd say take a cue from the 'famous' DR-Z people here and go pick up that Keihin.

ohh SWEET my bike must be up around 50 then with my full muzy/3x3/JD/K&N... :worthy:

50 of these gallery%5CCentres%5Cliverpool%5Ccroxtethponynov05.jpg

:worthy: :worthy: :eek:

• Like 1

gallery%5CCentres%5Cliverpool%5Ccroxtethponynov05.jpg

Even measuring horsepower that way... I still see only 35-38 horses with his configuration :worthy:

Yeah im pretty sure your dyno graph is too high for some reason. If they told you the FCR was not worth it they probably do not know what they are doing... :worthy:

the fcr should have been your very first mod period, none of your other mods will work to their potential without a pumper carb. not even at wide open throttle, or maybe you just like horrible throttle response, and diminished power

47 hp could be realistic from motor. dout it at the rear wheel. i reckon 40hp at rear wheel max with pipe mod. if ur mechanic can get extra 9 hp at the wheel with a pipe mod let me know ill be there in a flash. id like to ride ur bike first to see what power it really has. ive had more mods through a respectable race mechanic, he has sqeezed ever inch of hp to the rear wheel and still cant reach the hp uve got with just a pipe mod.

whats up with that dyno Burned?

just a different brand with a different method of calculation than a dynojet or superflow.

not comparable at all.

Im loving the exhaust, it looks great. But where did you get it? I have seen many powercore 4's on a DRZ, but they dont look like that. They have the screen style baffle in them, with a different end cap. I like yours much better.