Problems with Rangers

I have a 03 Ranger edge, my Dad has an 06 Ranger sport, and my old truck was an 01 ranger edge. All 3 trucks are 3.0 automatics. I noticed a couple common problems all 3 had:

-they shifted hard, mainly when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear and under a load.

-when driving and applying throttle, the truck makes a quiet, fast rattling/ticking noise that increases with the throttle being applied. it sounds a little bit like the sucking sound an intake makes, but im not sure what is making the noise.

-I know Ford puts rev-limiter chips in the engine blocks of all their trucks that limit the top speed to 99mph, but my 03 ranger used to top out at 95 mph, and now it wont go past 90. my old 2001 was the same way, but my 06 will do 99 with no problem, according to the speedometer.

Has anyone else with Rangers had any of these problems before? I'm not hard on my trucks or anything and i do all the maintenance needed, but im thinking it's just a common problem with Rangers.

-when driving and applying throttle, the truck makes a quiet, fast rattling/ticking noise that increases with the throttle being applied. it sounds a little bit like the sucking sound an intake makes, but im not sure what is making the noise.

Things to look at for this concern are PCV valve, a loose air intake plumbing connection, vaccuum leak, or airbox not sealing properly.

i have an 03 and my govenor is at 90 mph...My sorta shirts hard, but I think all rangers are like that..If it is a vaccum leak..you should see a nice decrease in your MPG...I just had one...the tube that goes to the airbox was unplugged for what ever reason and my fuel mileage was absolutly terrible until i found out what it was.