iNJURED HUSKY RIDER /SRA GP RACE REPORT

I know guy quite well. I don't have his home number anymore though, that's what cell phones are for...

I have attempted to reach someone on his cell with no luck. It's good to know he is out of ICU.

CRF450F and I went side to side and colided in mid air, but are very comfortable with our bikes, and our abilities, so it was no big deal. Guy didn't have the riding experience to race as competatively as he did, and probably wasn't mentally prepared for such an event to occur. Hopefully he has taken this episode as a learning experience, and his next venture on the MX track is at his own pace, not the pace of the leaders... If I can track down his room at loma linda, I'll give everyone an update. I feel pretty bad about the whole thing, because CRF450F and I are the ones that introduced him to MX.

The big question: How's the bike? :worthy:

Take care..

I am one of Guy's coworkers and friends. I was at this race as well, and

I thought he crashed on the first downhill, because I saw a husky and a rider on the ground. That must have been another Husky rider that crashed that day. I just hope he recovers ok to ride with us again:> I believe he was riding over his head, he is a beginner, and I do mean a beginner, and had nothing to prove by attempting to jump that big double after the big downhill. Riding over your head get's one hurt!

John

I am one of Guy's coworkers and friends. I was at this race as well, and

I thought he crashed on the first downhill, because I saw a husky and a rider on the ground. That must have been another Husky rider that crashed that day. I just hope he recovers ok to ride with us again:> I believe he was riding over his head, he is a beginner, and I do mean a beginner, and had nothing to prove by attempting to jump that big double after the big downhill. Riding over your head get's one hurt!

John

There is a lot of validity to your statement..... trying to keep up to the pack or the leader will get you hurt and hurt bad sometimes.... better to race at your own ability level.....All of us guys with wives , kids and familys have nothing to prove by being in first, fifth or 57th place ....

I will freely admit that at the last SRAGP (Sept) I felt really confident and cleared that particular double everytime.... this last weekend, it didn't feel quite right to me on the very first lap , so I backed off and rolled it each and every time....it cost me position and several riders passed me after a very good 6th place start because of that specific double....... gaging your own skill level, energy level and ability on a given day separates the finishers of these races from the DNF and injured riders. My wife and kids are also happy that I come home in one piece.... that being said, I'm not afraid to be agressive or push the envelope a little bit... it is what makes all of us better riders.

The other Husky rider is NewCastle Brown. He is very experienced and does quite well, especially holeshotting!:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: He already posted up his story here but he too had a bad crash and suffered a mild concussion.... sh....t happens even to the most experieinced riders every now and then...

I'm buying a Leatt before the next race....

T

I know guy quite well. I don't have his home number anymore though, that's what cell phones are for...

I have attempted to reach someone on his cell with no luck. It's good to know he is out of ICU.

CRF450F and I went side to side and colided in mid air, but are very comfortable with our bikes, and our abilities, so it was no big deal. Guy didn't have the riding experience to race as competatively as he did, and probably wasn't mentally prepared for such an event to occur. Hopefully he has taken this episode as a learning experience, and his next venture on the MX track is at his own pace, not the pace of the leaders... If I can track down his room at loma linda, I'll give everyone an update. I feel pretty bad about the whole thing, because CRF450F and I are the ones that introduced him to MX.

The big question: How's the bike? :eek:

Take care..

Let us know what you find out......:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: were you the two guys that tangled up with Guy over the double....? Or am I misreading this?

T

I've been talking to guy on a daily basis and even I talked to him earlier today. He walked a little on his own earlier this morning. That's really good news. He's beyond having to have surgery for the hemorrhage. The bones in his back are the T6 and T8 which is the middle-upper back and not his neck. The doctor was examining him when I called so they may have removed the neck brace by now.

He's doing much better than anyone thought. He's even talking about getting back to work but of course we're trying to get him to relax and heal a bit. Good news all around!

John

Just to claify, MXSOCAL and I, CRF450f are not the riders who colided in the air with Guy. We are close friends, and I was actually behind Guy in the race, before he crashed out. I got a really bad start, but I figured I could pick off some of the slower riders later on in the race. I just wanted to have fun out there and I have learned a lot.

Let us know what you find out......:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: were you the two guys that tangled up with Guy over the double....? Or am I misreading this?

T

no. I was supposed to be at the race, but have asthma and the fires have me at less than 100% breathing.. I know my limits, and did not attend. CRF450F was there though. The mid air collision I was referring to is an altogether different one. Since I missed the race entirely, I did not know the whole story until today. CRF450F got him confused with NewCastle after the start, so I heard NewCastle's story until today when I learned Guy's story. I just got his hospital room number, and will be calling him today. And since he appears to be okay now (according to prior report), I gotta ask him how the bike is.. at least that will be the first question.. haha.. :eek:

I've been talking to guy on a daily basis and even I talked to him earlier today. He walked a little on his own earlier this morning. That's really good news. He's beyond having to have surgery for the hemorrhage. The bones in his back are the T6 and T8 which is the middle-upper back and not his neck. The doctor was examining him when I called so they may have removed the neck brace by now.

He's doing much better than anyone thought. He's even talking about getting back to work but of course we're trying to get him to relax and heal a bit. Good news all around!

John

probably the same position as the ribs... maybe related since they are attached... ?

:worthy:

Good news? What an understatment!

That's F'ing Great....AWESOME NEWS! :worthy:

Apparently we can start scheduling som Glen Helen practice sessions to get Guy up to speed on this track so that he isn't in the true beginner category...

Newcastle can show him how to crash and burn and walk away... that takes some practice :eek: :eek: :worthy:

I can show him how to f up Mt St Helens 6 ft from the top......

These other CRF guys can show him how to bang bars..... I like to keep my bars nice and straight.......

And we can get Chaz to show him how to lead so that he never gets any dirt on his bike.....:worthy:

Incredible news!

T

Apparently we can start scheduling som Glen Helen practice sessions to get Guy up to speed on this track so that he isn't in the true beginner category...

Newcastle can show him how to crash and burn and walk away... that takes some practice :worthy: :worthy: :eek:

I can sho

t Helens 6 ft from the top......

These other CRF guys can show him how to bang bars..... I like to keep my bars nice and straight.......

And we can get Chaz to show him how to lead so that he never gets any dirt on his bike.....:worthy:

Incredible news!

T

who's going to teach us how to use the eject feature that bubba has so elegantly mastered?

The one labelled as guy is riding a new Husqi. Did guy get his replaced? if not, I think guy is the one in all yellow toward the left side of the pic, in the back. yellow helmet, and yellow jersey/pants. that would be guy... I think...

Also, I think you correctly Identified CRF450F

In that case, I think you're right. I wasn't there, so I'm no expert, but it certainly looks like guy's posture. Nice to see he got the newer model husqi..

I spoke to guy tonight. I will stop by there tomorow to visit. He is doing great. :worthy: he has to strengthen his lungs to avoid pnumonia (typical), but he is certainly able to walk around (with much pain). He said he doesn't expect to be there too much longer, since the spinal injury is in his mid back, and his head is good now. He certainly sounded coherent, but remembers absolutely nothing after throttling down the mountain. He said he doesn't remember making any turns, or jumps, or the crash. :worthy:

He said his helmet was pretty bashed in :worthy: . If they have it at the hopital with his personal belonging, I'll get a picture of it..

Here's a pic of the start of the race. I think I labeled everyone ok but correct me if I didn't. Guy started in the back but the Husky moved him up quite a few positions by the top of the first hill.

100_4088b.jpg

Newcastle turned this into a strong 2nd into the first corner and then battled with a CRf that kept cutting him off for the lead

I called the hospital and found out he was released! I tried him at home but I only get a busy signal. I know he'll be in pain for some time but it's great news to hear that he's out of the hospital. I wish that all potentially life changing MX crashes can end as well as this. Maybe it was from all the good vibes he got from the guys on this forum :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I must say I am shocked and suprised that so many people showed concern for me and my family. I truly thank all of you for your support.

Well I was release today at 12:00 p.m. today and I am currently at home. My kids are very excited to see daddy home again. My son told his friends that I broke every bone in my body. I am still in considerable pain but I will not have any long term injuries. I can't believe I was in the hospital for 6 days.

I have no memory of the crash. The last I remember before the crash as speeding down the hill. I got a real bad start and my competitve juices were flowing and I passed several riders and was riding down the hill much too fast. The next thing I remember as being loaded into an ambulance and someone yelling at me "You have been in an accident" I think he was HuskyT and he was wearing a Husqy Jersey. Apparently I was knocked out cold for 3 minutes. When I came to I had severe pain thoughout my back. At the hopital they took several tests, xrays and a couple of catscans. It was then then notice I had brain hemorage and that became the immediate concern.

I was in ICU for a couple of days until the bleeding stopped. The rest of the story I think you already know. The final bone count is 5 (2 vertabrae and 3 ribs) My collarbone was not rebroken but the x-rays showed that my collarbone never properly healed and to correct it would some hardware. I started walking (not sure you would call it walkin) a couple days ago and I am currently on the road to full recovery.

Now for the bike....

The bike took a pretty hard fall. My friends cleaned it up real good and noticed the radiator was bent. They bent it back and said it is hardly noticable. I wil check it out this weekend. My wife and family want me to sell the bike but I think I can do this without ending up in the hospital.

Well everyone I going back to sleep as the pain meds make me very drowsy but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. It is good to know there are some nice and caring people out there. Thanks again