RMZ Fender(s) on a DRZ

I know the front is a bolt-on deal, but which model RM fender should I order for my Yellow '06? I tried wading through old posts after searching, but couldn't find a specific answer.

Also, I found an old thread about fitting a rear RM fender to a DRZ. Has anyone else worked on this one? Seemed like a bit of work, but looked pretty cool.

Here is the stocker

random2036.jpg

random2037.jpg

I cant find the receipt but I this is from an 04 or 05 RM. I lucked out and got it for 11bucks shipped

random2038.jpg

random2039.jpg

I like the RM fender a lot better it shakes a lot less and seems to block a little more mud fly on the wet days. I had to shim the two rear bolts to get the arch to match the wheel. I used two of the stock grommets flipped upside down and it matched it perfect.

guess I should read better. Sorry I thought you were asking about the front. I am going to do the rear this winder I am going to try a newer style RMZ like an '06-'07

Thanks, actually I was asking about both. I know the front is basically a bolt on, I just wanted recommendations as to the correct model & year to order.

As for the rear, The only post I found was an old one with very little follow up and pics no longer posted. I would really like to try the rear.

Here is the stocker

random2036.jpg

random2037.jpg

I cant find the receipt but I this is from an 04 or 05 RM. I lucked out and got it for 11bucks shipped

random2038.jpg

random2039.jpg

I like the RM fender a lot better it shakes a lot less and seems to block a little more mud fly on the wet days. I had to shim the two rear bolts to get the arch to match the wheel. I used two of the stock grommets flipped upside down and it matched it perfect.

I can't see the pics here at work, I'll check 'em out tonight when I get home.

Did the front/lower two mounting points match up with the DRZ or is it a total drill/cut/fit kind of deal. I do understand considerable cutting is required, I'm just wondering if any of the RM mounting points match up to give a starting point. What model DRZ do you have? I want to do this to an S.

I have put the front fender from an RM250 on my DRZ. It mounted perfectly with the existing holes. All you will need to do is put a couple extra spacers/wahsers on the 2 rear bolts. If you dont the back of the fender will rub on the frame.

As for the rear fender I too have been looking. I have looked as far back as 98 RM250's all the way up to current RM fenders and have not found a match. I ended up just ordering the stock DRZ rear fender.

If you find a Rear that will work share the info.

I have put the front fender from an RM250 on my DRZ. It mounted perfectly with the existing holes. All you will need to do is put a couple extra spacers/wahsers on the 2 rear bolts. If you dont the back of the fender will rub on the frame.

As for the rear fender I too have been looking. I have looked as far back as 98 RM250's all the way up to current RM fenders and have not found a match. I ended up just ordering the stock DRZ rear fender.

If you find a Rear that will work share the info.

Seems there have been a couple members here that have grafted a rear RM fender onto their DRZ, but I haven't seen any mention of it recently. I know it is definately not a bolt-on and involves a bit of cutting and fitting.

If I could figure out the best rear fender to start with I would buy one and try it as they are cheap. I don't have any RMs around here to look at to compare with my DRZ.

Maybe I should chat with my friends that own an injection-molding outfit.

They might be able to fab a mold using the mounting end of a DRZ rear and the exposed section of an RM rear. The setup is expensive, but production is cheap.

Might even be able to make a plug by grafting the two fenders together and cast a mold from that.

• 2 months later...

i managed to do both got husaberg front mudguard on now tho looks pretty good even though its a slightly different yellow.The rear mudguard looks good,took ages trimming it down to fit though and doesnt quite line up with the sidepanels so is a slight gap, but i think it looks alright.

DSC00845.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

i managed to do both got husaberg front mudguard on now tho looks pretty good even though its a slightly different yellow.The rear mudguard looks good,took ages trimming it down to fit though and doesnt quite line up with the sidepanels so is a slight gap, but i think it looks alright.

DSC00845.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

When you have time i would really like to see some pics of that rear fender off the bike to see how much work you did....Thanks in advance.

• 2 years later...