07 YZ450 picture, question about possible sand in gas tank...

Just got back from a great weekend in Glamis...Bike has been running great (love the WB pipe, definite improvement)...Almost always starts first kick (with one quick flick of throttle before) unless hot start is needed...When it's really hot it takes 3-6 kicks, but it's usually just me trying to figure out what it wants (a little gas, no gas, or hot start)...

So in Glamis my girlfriend slightly roosted me (on accident) as I was filling my gas tank...It's possible that a slight amount of sand got into the tank...This happened the last day and not much riding was done afterwards...Should I flush the tank even though it would be a very minimal amount of sand in it?

Below is the pic of my slightly modified new bike...WB Alum ProII, ASV, Ironman sprockets 13/49, DID 520MX gold chain, DeCal Gripper sticker kit, Light Speed carbon fiber frame guards (had them Rhino lined)...

Waiting on Eline Carbon fiber heat shield for the WB pipe, and Carbon fiber skid plate (I like the way it comes up higher to protect the case, is one piece with a waterpump guard and ignition case guard, and is molded to the frame)...And I'm going to send the carb out to Zip-Ty as soon as there's a week I won't be riding it (no rush as I'm happy with the stock jetting)...

Cheers!

gooses_yz.jpg

Oh and don't let me forget the ProMotoBillet kick stand! lol...And before you dog on me about it, it tucks up nicely behind the numberplate (most people don't even notice it) and it's never come down (even when I've bottomed out casing tables at the track, and cartwheeled hitting whitches eyes in Glamis)...It's come in handy so many times already...If you have kids, or a girlfriend who rides, you'll love being able to jump off your bike to help out anywhere quickly and not have to worry about where or how to put your bike (even works fine in soft sand with a glove under it)...So happy I put it on...

Just got back from a great weekend in Glamis...Bike has been running great (love the WB pipe, definite improvement)...Almost always starts first kick (with one quick flick of throttle before) unless hot start is needed...When it's really hot it takes 3-6 kicks, but it's usually just me trying to figure out what it wants (a little gas, no gas, or hot start)...

So in Glamis my girlfriend slightly roosted me (on accident) as I was filling my gas tank...It's possible that a slight amount of sand got into the tank...This happened the last day and not much riding was done afterwards...Should I flush the tank even though it would be a very minimal amount of sand in it?

Below is the pic of my slightly modified new bike...WB Alum ProII, ASV, Ironman sprockets 13/49, DID 520MX gold chain, DeCal Gripper sticker kit, Light Speed carbon fiber frame guards (had them Rhino lined)...

Waiting on Eline Carbon fiber heat shield for the WB pipe, and Carbon fiber skid plate (I like the way it comes up higher to protect the case, is one piece with a waterpump guard and ignition case guard, and is molded to the frame)...And I'm going to send the carb out to Zip-Ty as soon as there's a week I won't be riding it (no rush as I'm happy with the stock jetting)...

Cheers!

gooses_yz.jpg

If sand did get in your tank and made it to your carburetor, There is a little screen that snaps onto the back side of the seat of your float needle. If your worried about it just flush your tank and clean your carb. Pull the needle and seat out and clean the screen.

Flush it out. What's more important to you: 2 gallons of gas and about 15 minutes of your time or the possibility of having to pull the carb apart and blow out the jets with air/carb cleaner probably a 1.5 hr job?

Yeah, I realized when I typed this, "Duh, just flush it, and clean the carb"...I was just worried that since it has already been riden for a couple hours after this happened that there might be more I should do (I didn't want to not go on the last ride of the weekend just because of the 'possibility' of a small amount getting in there)...Just sketched out now since I'll have this bike for many years, and I'm very particular about maintaining it well...

Thanks...The graphics ended up being close to $200 (custom color cost extra, the 'gripper' stickers were extra, I got the application kit, etc.)...The website is http://www.decalmx.com ...But just call them to order, they're really helpfull with choices that aren't available on the website...It includes adding your name/number plus a few logos...I know it was expensive, but I just got a bonus from work and wanted a yellow kit in homage to my very first bike, a 1979 YZ100...

I'm in Torrance, usually ride Weds or Thursdays at Elsinore, then normally mix in weekend trips to Gorman, Glamis, Ocotillo Wells, and Pismo...

Yeah, I realized when I typed this, "Duh, just flush it, and clean the carb"...I was just worried that since it has already been riden for a couple hours after this happened that there might be more I should do (I didn't want to not go on the last ride of the weekend just because of the 'possibility' of a small amount getting in there)...Just sketched out now since I'll have this bike for many years, and I'm very particular about maintaining it well...

I hear that, I'm the same way. That is a nice bike.:worthy: