Skidplate : Flatland OR Worksconnection??

I love my Flatland. Good people, too. Easy access to the filter. Easy "flip down" for oil draining. Remove the rear clamps, loosen the front bolts, let it drop, and voila. Tough as hell too, with good looks to boot.

Works Connection. It does not interfere with the oil filter as there is a separate left side engine guard for that. The WC skidplate does not deform from impacts yet it is light weight and gives full coverage including the frame members. The fittment is always spot on so you do not have to struggle with the installation. This is a local company in my area so I also know that all of their manufacturing is done in the U.S. and they belong to O.R.B.A. that protects our right to ride.

The devol skid plates are nice, protect left/right of engine and underside... I have 1 of them, and flatland rad guards... Only reasons for me not getting flatland skid plate were that I heard it amplifies engine noise a fair bit and not being able to get oil filter out without removing it...

The devol skid plates are nice, protect left/right of engine and underside... I have 1 of them, and flatland rad guards... Only reasons for me not getting flatland skid plate were that I heard it amplifies engine noise a fair bit and not being able to get oil filter out without removing it...

You heard wrong about accessing the oil filter. I have no problems on my 07. And I've never had a full aluminum skidplate that did not amplify engine noise a little. Tough to avoid. Devol looks very outdated in their designs, and they aren't as thick/rugged as the Flatlands.

Depends on what you are doing with your bike, if its just MX then Works Connection is the way to go. Light weight, EXCELLENT fit and finish, and like some one said they dont move after install. I have no idea what a flatland skid looks like, but sounds like more of an off-road, hare scamble type thing. I use WC and love everything on my bike from them.

Good info. I might now go with the Works Connection, as I have the Flatland on my wife's 150R. After installation, I had to cut away part of the protective wing so that I could get the oil filter cover off without having to remove the skidplate EVERY time.

So this is what I was thinking ... going with the 3 Works connection guards, but on the left hand side going with the ignition cover protector guard (basically just an extension piece).

I know it will cost more money that going with a single one piece Flatland guard, but at least changing the oil filter will not be a major issue.

I also notice that on my existing bikes, the Flatland one does amplify the engine noises. Can anybody comment on the Works Connection ones in comparison, or is amplification part and parcel of ANY skid plate???

I have never noticed any amplification in engine noise, they are drilled out to allow air flow, and they come with a piece of foam that kills the vibration, and prob helps with noise. This with the Works skid, I still run the stock engine gaurds though, not much need for it on the track. I'f you have never tried one the Elite clutch perch is AMAZING. I used to get arm pump just from working the clutch, but now the action is much much smoother. Got the alum. throttle tube too, good for wrecking when you dont have bark busters.