Sign in to follow this  

Calling Brewster! Need suspension advice

I have seen that you have done the KX250 front fork swap and I am currently looking for some forks on ebay and such. I have a 2003 KLX and am wondering what years KX should I be looking for and what other parts I will need to complete the job. TIA!:worthy:

I just did as you were replying. It was really helpful. Do you make the custom spacers and bushings for sale? or do you know who can? I do not have the equipment to make them. Also there are a pair of 03' KX250 forks on ebay for $80.00 plus shipping. Do you think they will work?

Yes, I do make and will sell the spacers and bushings.

The policy of TT is no advertising in the forums and I try to adhere to it, so PM me if you need more info.

$80 plus shipping would be a very good price for 03 forks.

It would take some work to make the 03 forks fit due to their upper tube diameter. You would need the 03 tripple clamps or a year for the same size upper fork tubes. Either the steering stem would have to be exchanged with the stock one or machined down to fit the upper bearing and a spacer made to fill in the space between the upper clamp and the stem. The upper bearing is smaller on the KLX. I was unsuccessful in removing my stock steering stem.

Where in Cal. are you?

Ride on

Brewster

• Like 1

Well I missed out on those forks, but still want to do the swap. I will keep looking and see what I can find. I would like to do as little fab work as possible so maybe I should just look for some 97' forks just to save the agony of trying to make them work sice you have proven the 97' forks will work.

I actually moved from Orange, CA. to AZ about a year ago. I guess I could update my profile :worthy:

I would like to do as little fab work as possible so maybe I should just look for some 97' forks just to save the agony of trying to make them work sice you have proven the 97' forks will work.

:worthy:

I used 94' forks.

Ride on

Brewster

I used 95 KX250 forks and I coudn't be happier with the results..:worthy:

650Tom - I have a pair of '96 KX250 forks in my garage. Good shape but one has a leaky seal. I'll let them go for $125 plus shipping. Oh, no triples though.

Dean

Tom - I just saw your post. I'll dig 'em out and check shipping. Now, you understand that the 96's are 46mm forks - not 43mm like the stockers, right? That's why I never used them - they require triples, etc. to make them work. Don't want to dissuade you - but wanted to make sure you knew that. Only 94/95 KX forks work with the KLX triples, wheels, caliper, etc. If you still are interested - give me an email and I'll send pics of the forks.

Dean