What color was your stock inner chamber oil?

he's talking about the inner chamber oil in the forks...

I will know the color of it, once I tear into the forks on my 08 crf250r (when I can get one here in Canada)... Because I am changing out the springs rates in the forks and shock for my weight, 125lbs... 0.42 kg/mm forks and 4.8 kg/mm shock...

I'm trying to determine if what I just changed out was the stock stuff in my '07 crf450.:worthy:

When I changed the fork oil on by '06 after breakin, I recall that the outer chamber oil was not too bad looking. Later (maybe after 30 hours or so) when I had to replace a fork seal, I changed the inner chamber oil as well. It was nasty looking, like dirty molasses as crf-f crf-r trx cbr said.

Sorry I wasnt clear enough for some.The inner chamber fork oil was light red and kinda nasty .I had already changed the outter when I put my lighter springs in.I bought the bike used and was trying to figure out if the original owner changed the oils.

Thanks.

I changed the outer chamber oil while installing heavy springs in my new 06 before I ever rode it. The oil was smelly yellow fish oil.

Hey CamP, did you actually notice a change (good or bad) when you went to heavier fork springs?

Been debating whether to do this.

Sorry about hijacking the thread . . .

Hey CamP, did you actually notice a change (good or bad) when you went to heavier fork springs?

Been debating whether to do this.

Sorry about hijacking the thread . . .

I installed .49kg fork springs in my new CRF before I ever rode it. That was the spring rate that I settled in with for my last CRF so I just went ahead and put it in the new one too. It works well for a 205lb MX'er but I can't really comment on how it would work for off-road or someone outside that weight range.

I installed .49kg fork springs in my new CRF before I ever rode it. That was the spring rate that I settled in with for my last CRF so I just went ahead and put it in the new one too. It works well for a 205lb MX'er but I can't really comment on how it would work for off-road or someone outside that weight range.

Thanks, I keep hearing this .49 fork spring claim (MXA always specs this in their CRF tests), but you're outside my weight range (I'm 180 dressed) and frankly I'm finding the stock suspension on my 06 (with the clickers adjusted to my tastes) to be pretty good. Debating whether to spend the $$ for a revalve or other changes as I can't find anything to complain about.

Thanks, I keep hearing this .49 fork spring claim (MXA always specs this in their CRF tests), but you're outside my weight range (I'm 180 dressed) and frankly I'm finding the stock suspension on my 06 (with the clickers adjusted to my tastes) to be pretty good. Debating whether to spend the $$ for a revalve or other changes as I can't find anything to complain about.

Honda firmed up the mid valve which really helped the problem. Heavier springs was sort of a bandaid for the problem with the fork blowing through the stroke. If youre fairly fast and like the blast the whoops, the heavier spring will help too. You can pick up some small bump plushness with the heavier spring and dropping the oil level a bit.