another FCR post... sorry guys :rolleyes:

ok guys been searching but still yet to find the exact answers i need. I have an old slant body FCR i want to install on my 05 SM. the parts listed in eddys "FCR MY WAY" post call for

1)016-925 39mm fcr-mx w/choke no tps.

2)021-216 FCR adapter 2-3/8 carb to S air boot

3)021-439 o-ring for adapter

4)017-262 EMN needle

suzuki oem parts needed-

1)'E' Intake Manifold: Suzuki p/n 13111-29F00, Pipe,Intake

2)'E' Manifold Clamp: Suzuki p/n 09402-58208, Clamp

3)vacuum port nipple to retain S petcock Suzuki p/n 13685-29F00 Union,Intake Port

my question is are these the same adapters, clamps and manifolds i need? and also which throttle cables do i need as my cable bracket is in front of the throttle shaft cam like the one in this post: https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332452&parentpage=5

Thanks in advance and i apologize for making yet another FCR thread lol :worthy:

Chris

Throttle cables, you need the E cables.

Neil. :worthy: :worthy: :eek:

Why the 'E cables ? What is the problem with stock SM cables ?
Carb tower is different, more distance between the cable mount and the throttle wheel, requiring a longer inner cable.

Thanks William, I couldn't remember if the cables needed to be shorter or longer, I just knew the S/SM ones would not work.

This is for the old style, or slant body FCR, the FCRMX works fine with the S/SM cables.

Neil. :worthy::eek::worthy:

Thanks William, I couldn't remember if the cables needed to be shorter or longer, I just knew the S/SM ones would not work.

This is for the old style, or slant body FCR, the FCRMX works fine with the S/SM cables.

Neil. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Not to confuse or contend, but the OEM throttle cables for the SM will work just fine w/ the FCR39 slant-body carb... I re-used them on my DRZSM in fact... you will need to drill out the threads on the FCR's cable 'tower' to be able to adjust the cables properly, and you may find (as I did) that you will be close to the max adjustment once the carb is dialed in, although this shouldn't be much of a problem if your cables have already been stretched from use. I've been running the original SM cables on an FCR39 SB for almost 2 years now w/ no issues: https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343866