Sign in to follow this  
YamaMama

Your bike(s) - pros/cons, type of riding, mods, etc.

OK, someone mentioned it, so I'm going to launch the thread. This could be super helpful for newbies or those looking to move up. Here's the format to follow, so all the posts are easy to read:

Start by telling about yourself... age, height, weight (if you so choose), type of riding you do (if you have different bikes for different types of riding, also add that info to the bike category). Also, are you a beginner rider, timid rider or aggressive rider? If this status varied through the bikes (do list all you have owned even if you no longer have them) point that out in the bike category also.

2000 Yamazuki CX 133 (I made that up, can you tell?) - This was my first bike. I jetted the carb (barely ran stock), and added ape-hanger bars because the bike was way too short for me. This is a super starter bike, because I could touch, and once jetted, it was super-easy to push-start (was electric start, but the button broke and it was $237 to replace it!!!).

2001 Yamazuki CX 284 - Got rid of my 133... I outgrew it in a season. I just love Yamazuki's, and the CX's are just right for me. The 284 is considerably taller, so I lowered it by putting my wheels from my 133 on it. blah blah blah

Anyway, you get the point. I'll start the first one out w/my info. :worthy:

• Like 2

I'm 38, started riding when I was 30. I'm 5'7", 31" inseam, and weigh too much (though I will happily say I've never been 2 bills). I put myself in the somewhat-timid category (if something looks tough, I may stop to look it over... 90% of the time I ride through/over it... still get stuck on some sandy uphills, hubby will ride my bike through the other 10% and up the rest of the way on those hills I get stuck on :worthy: ). I don't get much seat time, and it shows. I tend to work too much and play too little (well, in the summer anyway, that is when the OT is available at work). I ride some trails, a few dual-sport events, mostly street... back and forth to work, and back roads exploring on weekends and vacations.

1999 Yamaha TTR 250 - I started riding on an XR200, but since I didn't own the bike, I didn't list it (only rode it for a season - stock). I rode the XR enough to feel I needed a bigger bike. Since the XR was one of the kid's bikes, hubby sold it to pay for the next bike for the kid. DAMN. I bought the TTR thinking it would be perfect. Well, it was really too tall for me to feel comfortable. With my infrequent riding, I just didn't get enough seat time to feel confident. I put on a Kouba link to lower the rear, and raised the fork tubes a bit (overall, lowered about 2"). I put on an Electrex dual sport kit since we were beginning to get away from trails and leaning more towards dual sporting. Since I had so many gadgets for dual sporting (roll chart, GPS, speedo) I put on 1 7/8" bars so I could get rid of the crossbar and have more room to bolt on my goodies.

2003 Yamaha TTR 125 - I bought this bike because I thought it would be FUN. Oh my it is! We do ride trail once in a great while... we also have a small track and trail on our property. This bike is fun to rip around trails on, and is a blast on the track. I love how it is so lightweight and easy to throw around. It has increased my confidence on my bigger bike as a result. This bike has YZ 80 forks, BBR swingarm, BBR chain guide, BBR skid plate, Works shock, Guts Racing tall seat foam and cover, bar risers, Renthal Honda bend mini bars, 1 3/4" bar risers, and Fastway footpegs. The seat hight is about the same now as my lowered 250 (raised about 3" I think). This winter will put on a 150 kit, new carb and pipe. It really is wimpy stock, but it's still FUN to play on. :worthy:

2000 Suzuki DR 650 - Hubby has a KLR 650 that he bought for cruising around on. We load it in the trailer to haul behind the motor home on vacation. It is NOT comfortalbe for 2-up riding. We tried taking my street bike this year, but though it's more comfy 2-up, we were more hesitant to cruise dirt roads on it. It was also harder to load the trailer, because we were afraid of stacking anything near it (didn't want to scratch my baby). I bought the DR so we could load both bikes and do some back roads cruising on vacations. It will also be nice for riding around here at home. Heck, I may get rid of my 250... the DR is pretty light feeling, I think I could handle it on a dual sport ride. The DR comes stock with a pretty low seat height, and also an option to lower it more. I don't think I'll lower it, because it is pretty comfortable in the stock position. It's powerful, but nice and easy, predictable power. It will easily cruise highway speeds.

• Like 1

Hey YM, great thread! :worthy:

I would only add to state inseam, since peoples legs vary in length and seat height deals with inseam, rather than overall height. And then if someone lowers a bike, what height they get it down to--just because seat height seems to be almost the biggest issue when considering a bike(at least I see in ???? that pop up here). I'm off to write my own essay!

I'm 42, 5'3" with 30' inseam, 130 lbs. Timid rider. 6 yrs experience. I can not ride a two stroke!

2001 TTR 125 - First bike. Changed the pipe and rejetted to help with bog. I started riding MX first. This bike was great to learn on. I don't do many jumps, but after awhile the lack of suspension killed my knees and ankles.

2004 CRF 250X - Had bike lowered 2 inches. (Still too tall for me)

I loved the power and suspension on this bike. The e-start was great for when I stalled it. After a year or so, the weight of the bike became an issue. I had difficulty riding ruts and turning at high speads because I couldn't control the bike due to the heavy weight. We also started riding trails. I dumped it over MANY times just because I couldn't stop it if it started tipping over at low speeds.

2006 CRF150RB (Big Wheel)- Just started riding this bike after a year off for a knee injury. I love how the bike handles and the lower center of gravity. The lighter weight makes turning a dream! The only thing I am not used to is how I feel too far over the bars when I stand up. I'm still used to a full sized bike. Everyone that has seen me ride this bike comments on how well it fits me versus the 250X. It is very fast, but I wouldn't say it is too fast for a beginner. We did put on a flywheel weight to help keep it from stalling out in the woods. My 12 yo son rode it in the woods a few months ago and loves it. I'm sure I will not have any problems next season in the woods.

Good idea for a thread! Wish this was around when I was looking! :worthy:

2003 TTR125 :worthy:

Height: 5'0-5'3"

Weight: 120lbs

Type: Trails

Timid Rider

The ttr was my first bike, but I had been sharing a 1982 DS 80 with my brother for several years. Its the perfect bike to start on, or to move up to. It has the power when you want it, but is tame enough to find your limits on. I first got this bike when I was 5'0 and 13 years old. It kept me entertained for a long time, until I got to ride a 250f...:eek: and then I wanted more power. Overall, it is a good bike for all age, size, and skill levels, and in the trails its a beast. Easy to maneuver, and will go forever, I think the TTR line is as close as anyone is going to get to Hondas indestructible XR line. Mechanically I have had no problems, besides my rear (stock) shock going bad, and I have only had to do basic maintenance

1999 CR125 :worthy:

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 120lbs

Type: Trails

Timid Riding

My first race bike. It handles really well, and is a really good bike for the trails. Its a bit more tame than other 125's, but because it is my first race bike, my size, and weight, its a good fit. I had some problems initially with the motor since I bought it used, but since I fixed it and have kept up with the maintenance I have had no problems.

I am 35. 5'6" with approximately a 32" inseam and around 135#. I have just over 1 year dirt riding experience. I can't say if I am timid or aggressive. I guess I am still timid, but once I understand I become very aggressive and competetive. I think I am still in the timid phase. But I REALLY want to be aggressive! :worthy:

2003 Yamaha TTR125. The little bike that started it all. It is small and not at all intimidating. You twist the throttle and it goes. For turning laps around the yard, this bike rocks! Now that I have more confidence and experience, I refuse to ride the TTR. I get hurt everytime because I personally over ride it. I push the limits too far and I am tired of limping away from the TTR. I'll get both wheels sliding and it only goes from there! :worthy: But I have a riot until I fly off the bike in a superman fashion.

2001 Yamaha YZ80. The little bike that still holds my heart. This bike is a very difficult bike to ride. It has lightswitch power....nothing and then all of it. But it is light, it is nimble and it loves to play in the dirt. It flicks. bites into the terrain and has a great suspension. It teaches throttle and clutch control as well as figuring out where the power lies in a motor. Riding that little bike wide open is chaotic, but once you figure it out there is nothing like it. The learning curve is steep on the little 80 smoker, however the rewards are priceless. Taking on the 80 is not for the faint of heart as it will hurt you faster than the TTR during the learning phases. However, I have never gone back and over ridden the 80 like I do the TTR. Now that I have a clue, the 80 doesn't hurt me....it builds my confidence when I need it too and I can ride it anywhere I want.

2004 Yamaha YZ250F. My big fat pig with a steel frame. :worthy: This bike was difficult for me for 2 reasons, well actually 3. 1) Height 2) suspension 3) engine braking. Going from the small, flickable 80 to the tall, heavy 250F was not at all an easy transition. The four stroke motor sits higher in the chassis therefore making the center of gravity higher. This translates into making it tippier for me. My inseam is about 2 inches too short. So uneven terrain is tough for me at slow speeds. I am always looking for a low spot to stop in. The stock suspension was way too stiff for me. There was zero sag in the bike when I sat on it. Going from 2 stroke and not having a clue about the four stroke made engine braking very difficult for me.

All that being said.....I have adapted to the height. I refuse to lower it because I do not want to compromise the suspension...plus I am cheap. I don't want to spend money that I think will be a waste in the end. Which was a good thought. I am now learning how to hop off to the side when I need to and clever little tricks that keep me upright. I do tip over from time to time, but I am getting better. I did buy new springs. Now that the bike knows I exist we work better together. The suspension now absorbs rather than bounces off obtacles. Adjusting the clickers only made it better.

Engine braking...don't even notice it now. What I do notice is the reliable power. I am finally venturing into mid 4th gear on the moto track and having a blast. I find myself getting braver and more confident each time I ride. Part of it is me, part of it is the bike and part of it is the lessons I am taking, which goes back to improving me. I could move up to the lighter aluminum frame, but I am happy with the steel for now. It offers more stability for me at this time. I don't even mind the weight so much. All in all I am very happy with my 250F, now that I have adapted to it, and don't plan to upgrade any time soon.

I'm 42, 5'4”, 155#(well, I will be in January!!!), 31” inseam. I am a 4-stroke kind of person.

Starting out I was a timid rider, but I really love(d) the whole dirt biking thang, so I always wanted to get better and improve, push my limits. Now I would say I'm a “cautiously wanna be aggressive” rider in that I want to get faster and more skilled in technical stuff, and (hubby willing) I want to enter some harescrambles and enduros next year. My home stomping grounds for riding(western Oregon) is pretty technical, up/down +roots, rocks, mud, etc! I love riding at East Fort Rock(China Hat) cuz I can go really fast(ha, for me I mean!). I love the challenge of techie stuff—that's what floats my boat, rather than mx jumping/track racing(but then I've never been able to try it! Ha!)

I've been riding about 7 years

1999 My hub bought me a kawasaki KDX200(1995?) to learn on--bwahahahaha!--I couldn't touch the ground on that thing, and it was very topheavy for me, no way no how. I did ride it a few times later, but still way too tall(he took it for himself, I sense an ulterior motive there!).

1999—Suzuki DS80, it was my son's bike, I learned clutch, throttle, how not to stall it. My kids were little so they rode around camp. Very painless for learning controls, and not scary/not far to fall(but I really didn't).

1999-2002---Honda XR100(1986) Great mommy bike, my biggest concern then was being able to stop quick and not run over my little guy in front of me. Very mild bike, no surprises, VERY reliable, great on gas. Very easy to learn trail riding on, and it really helped to be able to be solidly flat footed.

2003-2005---Yamaha TTR125L(2001?) Got it to go to a teeny weenily bigger bike. Kids getting bigger and faster, so I could go faster, and I ran it into the ground. Too small for me to stand up, and the suspension is not appropriate for an adult. It was hard work riding that bike fast, I was bottoming out the suspension, very jarring, and I would ricochet over bumpy stuff. But the bike would be great for someone taking it easy. No mods. Very reliable.

2006---(borrowed) Honda XR200(1992)An easy transition to a full size bike. I was flat footed on it. It is a heavier bike, but the bigger ergos compensated (it seemed to me). The larger wheels were a blessing(easier over bumpy stuff), the power acted nice and easy like the XR100, no surprises. It was difficult for me to get it up some really steep hills with roots, because it was heavy and the suspension was old and worn out. I should have gone to this bike sooner! Going to this bigger bike also improved my skills, because I wasn't all cramped up riding a tricycle ;0). No mods because it wasn't my bike.

2007—forever Yamamamaha ;0) WR250f(2007) By shaving the seat, adjusting the triple clamps and sag I got the seat down to 32.5 when I sit on it(toes touching). If I were to do a lot of racing(harescrambles, enduro) I would go ahead and lower it more so I was more flat-footed(well, maybe, just a thought, I'm still having episodes of tipping over when I stop unexpectedly because I have air under my feet). I really love this bike, I feel it's just right for me. The power is more, but still easy, and with mods it can be on par with a YZ. The suspension feels great over techie stuff, but we're still tweaking it. The Yamaha has a slim seat, which makes it easy to maneuver, or move between the legs when standing. This year also the CG was moved lower(supposedly), and I don't sense a top-heaviness at all. I believe this bike is heavier than the XR200 actually, but it “feels”lighter to me because of how it's made and handles. We've taken off the smog stuff, which makes it run much better, also hub pulled something out of the pipe which gave it more power. We're also tweaking the jetting. I still have the throttle stop in, but we're taking it out. Basically so far we've done the free mods(you can find people discussing them on TT) and there's a big improvement in how it runs and the power response(the enviros make Y put all this smog stuff on it which give the bike a sinus infection and makes it boggy off the showroom floor). I feel I can grow with this bike and stay with it. It's also dual sport-able. It REALLY needs a tugger strap for the seat, there isn't really a good place to grab it around the back when picking it up. As I work out and get stronger I can move the bike around better(flicking it)--so I believe the weight isn't really that much of an issue(for me). Also stretching is helping with skooching sideways and getting my leg over easier when I start to tip over—what ever bike you get, working out and stretching will make you a better rider!!!

• Like 1

44, 5’4” 125lbs, 29.5” inseam, have rode for 9 years, aggressive or too stupid to be afraid, not sure which.

Past bikes: (1) 1982 Suzuki RM125, she was old when I got her, light switch power, made me figure out how to use the clutch big time. (2) 1994 Honda XR250, okay bike, but heavy and a SOB to start if I stalled or dropped it. (3) 2002 Suzuki DRZ250, pros: ?????, cons: heavy lumbering POS pig.

Present bikes: (1) 2002 Kawasaki KX100. I’ve modified this bike with Tag T2 Top & Bottom Triple Clamps and Moose high bend bars, Fastway F3 footpegs, and Guts tall racing seat to open riding compartment up. Have also added an IMS tank and an FMF gold series fatty pipe. Great woods bike for me; very light, agile, and has an incredible amount of power for its size and weight. Down side is it runs out of gears real fast and because of this it sucks in open areas or riding two tracks – feels way too small. (2) 2007 Husqvarna TE250. Just got this bike so can’t really comment on it. I’m hopeful that I can grow into this bike and eventually ride it in place of the KX for some rides and on dual sport rides.

Hey ladies, would you mind going back and adding brand names? Some newbies reading this thread may not know what a DS, TE, TTR, XR is. :worthy: I'd like to see this be user friendly as possible (and try to stick as close as you can to the format too, to keep it consistent).

1974 Honda something 75 (DS bike turned into off road bike)

Height: ?

Weight: ?

Type: barn yard

Kid foolish riding

This was the first bike my parents bought for us (my brother, sister, and I)

It was old, used, heavy as hell. Tires were worn out seat was ripped. It was probably the best thing we ever had at that time. Even though both my parents raced when they got pregnant with my younger sister they gave all of that up. Plus when I was 4 my dad came down with Hodgkin’s disease. So that pretty much took every bit of money we had till I left home and then some.

1990 Yamaha XT (350 I think)

Age 22

Height: 5’11”

Weight: 240lbs

Type: DS

Timid Rider

This was the first bike I had bought for myself. It was street legal and I used it to get back and forth to work. I would also go off road on it with my brother. Nothing spectacular about the bike It ran fine did every thing pretty well. I gave it up the day I bought my first dirt bike. On the way to pick out (see next bike). A little old lady pulled out in front of a big coal truck and he slammed on his breaks came into my lane, I saw my life flash before my eyes. I was able to get up onto the sidewalk and stayed up-right some how. This was the last day I have ever ridden a bike on the street.

1990 KTM 250 (Something)

Age 22-24

Type: MX

Timid Rider

This was a pretty big bike for me and a hell of a jump power wise. Except for the basics lets just say I learned all about dirt bikes with this bike. My brother and mother would go riding with me and we all took turns riding it. I made more money then them so I could afford the toys. I got comfortable on this bike and wanted something brand new. During the 2 years I had this bike I started my second job as a mechanic at a KTM dealer in upstate New York. He gave me a great deal on a left over bike.

1995 KTM 360 MXC

Age 24-26

Type: recreational / Sand – gravel pit

Aggressive Rider

This was a good bike different type of power it didn’t feel as powerful as the 250’s I have had, even though it was, and it would crawl up anything you threw at it. I didn’t get the bike during my divorce so I went and got me:

1997 Yamaha YZ250

Type: MX

Aggressive Rider (didn’t care what happened to me basically)

I decided nothing could hold me back So I started to race some. During this time there were no women racing near me so I had to race against the guys. I didn’t care and the announcers were always funny. I guess a combination of everything made me a pretty good rider I think. I never placed last in a race, never placed first either. Ended up racing 250 C class. After a few years I was tired of being alone and started going out and dating and bikes were no longer a part of my life for several years I missed them about as much as being alone.

2008 Yamaha YZ450F

Inseam: 32”

Type: MX and Some Trails

MX: Aggressive, Trails: semi-Aggressive

So far this is my favorite bike. It has all the power you could ever need. It is light and very well balanced. It is a bit tall and I can’t quite touch the ground with both feet. That doesn’t bother me too much. So far I have re-jetted, and changed the rear sprocket to 2 teeth larger then stock. It was too tall of a first gear in the woods. Seems how I am switching back and forth now, I figured I could just shift more on the MX track but the lower first gear would help me a lot in the woods. This bike is not for beginners and I could have done fine with a 250F but I like power and speed. You can always not grab a handful of throttle on a big bike but you can’t make up for lacking power on a smaller bike.

28, 5'7", moderately pudgy. 80% woods, mix of dez and MX for the rest. Used to race, haven't lately. Moderately aggressive. Currently out of shape and haven't been riding as much as I'd like.

First: 93 XR 200. Got talked into it b/c they are the perfect "chick bike." It sucked. I rode it for a year (2000-2001) because I was poor.

Current: 01 KTM EXC 200. Borrowed more money to buy it than I ever have to buy a car. It fits 80% of what I do. I think if I were buying new again I would buy the XC model with the close-ratio tranny. Used thinner base gasket on last rebuild, FMF gnarly pipe, suspension revalved but not lowered. Burleson Hi bend pro-tapers. Very few other mods. I'd rather save my money for riding trips.

Alright, I'll play.

I'm 15, almost 16, 5'5" and about 125 lbs. I started riding when I was about 8, on a 199_ KX80. I didn't have that for long because it was waaay too big for me. My dad bought me a 198_ Fantic trials bike. The thing was amazing, but not for me. I like to go fast, not put-put. This spring, I got my 2002 KX100. It was a great starter bike, but had to go because I was too big for it, and ready to move up. Last month I got my 2002 KX125. YAY!!! I will be racing it next spring. I don't ride a LOT of trails, just the mini ones up north at my dad's friend's land. I like to ride mx track. I can't wait to race.

• Like 1

I am 33, 5'6", I weigh too much to post on the internet but happy that I weigh less than the hubby (he is approx 195#) and plan on keeping it this way. We ride only trails and Trials. We prefer tight/rocky single track.I am timid to mildly aggressive when the mood strikes.

Started on an 1999 Honda XR 200 as a beginner bike.Suspension and brakes sucked but otherwise a good beginner bike. Bulletproof!

Then upgraded to a '01 Kawi KDX200. Suspension was redone and lowered by Aftershocks. It was almost like riding a 4 stroke. A tractor of a motor but somewhat of a pig for a two stroke-wide chassis and heavy.

Then bought a used '00 Gas Gas EC 200 in 03?? OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS BIKE!!! Suspension was/is awesome-eats up everything on the trail! At this point in time the motor needs some TLC and we have decided to sell it (but not quiet yet...I am having a hard time parting with it). I didn't lower the suspension when I bought it, only added a longer "dogbone" which helped keep my feet on the ground.

Currently have an '05 Beta 250 RR. Bought in July? Currently has about 10 rides on it. I am still learning to love this bike. Hard for me to go from the zip of the 2 stroke to the stability of the 4 stroke. Took it out yesturday and actually had fun with the motor modifications that we made. I can climb ANYTHING on this bike, and I am getting use to engine breaking on downhills. Just having issues with the suspension which hopefully will be able to work through soon.

I also have a '04Gas Gas 200 TXT PRO Trials bike which I need to pay more attention to! I still find Trials riding MUCH more difficult than trail riding. If you are having a "bad" day trail riding then you can kindof keep it hidden. If you are having a bad day riding Trials then EVERYONE knows-at least when you compete with spectators watching! It feels like you are only riding with your underwear on, sometimes. I mostly ride Trials to help improve my trail riding. I truly believe that Trials does improve skills on trails-turning, weighting the pegs, clutch control, rocks, granite dropoffs, log crossings, breaking, etc. Just wish I had more time to devote to it!

There it is!

Karna

Age 31 (damn I'm getting old)

5'7 and weigh too much

Moderately aggressive to scared out of my mind; depending on the terrain

I started riding in 1998'ish on a borrow 83 XR200. I rode it for the first 2-3rides then hopped on a friends KTM 300 with a 12oz flywheel weight. (In thinking back I wonder why the hell someone put flywheel weight on a 300 but oh well) After getting on that bike I fell in love with the 2stroke power. The year I bought my own bike was the very first year of the KTM 200. After much discussion my ex decided the KDX 220 was the best bike for me.

My first real bike was a 1998 KDX 220. Somehow we lowered it and changed the gearing but other than that no mods. I was OK with this bike. It was frustrating at first. It was hard going from the ultimate tractoring machine to a 2 stroke, which granted for a 2 stroke was pretty damn tractorable. It had a bit of the 2 stroke zip but was still pretty heavy. After riding that 3-4 times a year for 3 years I finally talked my ex into letting me get a 200.

We sold the KDX and got me a used 98 KTM 200MXC with SERIOUS problems! The bike just would not idle. My first ride out was in the woods and I hated, hated, hated it. We put it up for sale after that weekend and my ex decided I needed a 4stroke. I still wanted the 200.

After going around and around with him I was doing a search online and found ktmtalk.com. In reading the women's forum he saw there were a ton of women out there riding, and enjoying, the 200. Then I found a deal too hard to refuse on a brand new 2003 200exc.

We lowered and added a 9oz flywheel weight. The lowering was done with a link in the suspension and is completely reversable. Once this baby is born I am going to get rid of both.

:worthy: Ok, i'll play too since I am home bored with a broke up kid...collarbone.

I am 43 in a couple of days, 5'4", 140lbs, short friggin legs...Im kinda stocky with muscles...from working on cars for 24 yrs I guess......

First bike ever was a Honda Trail70 71 model. I broke my arm on that doin some crazy Evel Kenivel crap with my cousin. Dad sold it and got me a honda 90 3 wheeler. I hurt all my neigbors on it seeing how many people could ride it at the same time. Yeah, I was nutz as a kid.

About 19 yrs or so, got a used up 70s model Yamaha Enduro250. That was a cool bike, and I rode all over Texas in that thing. That thing would climb any hill, jump any jump...sick! I dont remember owning boots, and the kicker would wap me in the shin constantly...I still have dents in shinbones. I remember getting pretty hurt landing badly after a huge jump.

Then no bikes for 20 years. At 39 yrs old, we got a matching set of KDX's...Kawi's 80s models for 400 bucks for the pair. Hell yeah. The 80 was easy to fix up and it was sold for 300 bucks. We fixed up the 200 and rode it till the magneto blew apart. I still have it hoping to find rotor and stator for cheap. I love this bike. Hubby rode it, and I bought a CRF230F Honda. I outgrew it FAST...expecially after trying to jump it....I learned real quick like this wasnt a jumping bike....hospital with blowed out knee....heavy bike landed on knee....

Rode a Honda CR125 for a while. It was hubbies. It had such an unpredictable power band, I just got sick of riding wheelies at random. He bought me my final bike.

Honda CRF250R.

Love this bike....3000 bucks later with all the carb mods and stuff. I got this bike and was about to throw it off a cliff cause of the starting issue...I had the 2 stroke mentality goin on here. Redone the carb with accel pump, jet kit, yadda yadda, new sprockets and chain, lowering link...for my short ass, shaved seat. I have her dialed in and it starts pretty good unless I am really wore out. It likes the cooler temps more than the hot ones. Added some handguards...vines will kill ya....and some other bling...graffix, numbers...what for, who knows...I dont race. It is finished. Saving money for my first valve job.........

My goodness, I am long winded.

I am a timid rider on jumps, intermediate on trails, and on long flat areas, the speed freak comes out and I'm agressive. I know my bike goes 76 mph, and I like that. If so many people here in Atlanta GA didnt run red lights in increments of 6+ folks, I would have a street bike. I love to go FAST. I would probably get tickets. I have seen 130mph, where my butt was floating off the seat. NOt on the dirtbike...LMAO. Where me and my family ride is cool because of the loop roads. I LOVE those and I swear I can do the 12 mile loop in under 20 minutes...My oldest son and I race all the time.

Ok, Ill shut up now. This stayin home stuff is for the birds.

Lisa:ride:

24 years old, i am 5'4' and 3/4 and weigh approx. 115 pounds. I’ve been seriously riding for about 5 years. Mainly I am a motocross rider, but i also occasionally ride trails for a change of pace. I learned to ride on rough, rugged trails in the forrest which i believe helped me to become a much better rider! I think i consider myself to me a 'medium' rider. I'm not timid in the fact that im scared to try anything new, but I also try to push myself to go bigger and faster whenever i ride.... but of course without pushing myself too hard to which i become injured and unable to ride. Gettin old! Gotta pay those bills. During the cooler months of the year, i am on my bike usually every weekend or at least every other weekend.

1989 Suzuki LT 250: YEP! I was a quad owner!

Type of riding: Dune/sand riding

I got this when I was in high school. All my friends had bikes, and I always had an interest. We have miles of sand dunes within minutes, and that is where we rode. I NEVER rode it on dirt, in fact, the paddle tires never came off. It gave me a general understanding of the basics of a using a clutch and brake.

Looooooooong dry spell.

2003 TTR 125

Type of riding: Primarily trails

My very first financing experience, and boy did I learn what it means to have an interest rate. Got approved, walked out with a new toy.

The only thing I did to this little bike was a fmf pipe, and some graphics. I raced this bike, and I rode the SH*T out of it on trails. This bike could go anywhere and everywhere the big bikes did. I thrashed this little bike and it just kept on going! It was tons of fun. BUT, in no time I was ready for something bigger and faster. Once I had some experience and seat time, I realized how uncomfortable to stand, and how horrible the suspension was. And on the track, it just wasn’t cutting it. I knew, that if I wanted to ride motocross, a new bike was needed. The reason I had this bike for so long, was because I was in a very bad position. I was upside down big time, and it was going to take a trusting friend to buy it from me because there was no way it could be paid of before it was sold.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/doorslammer_72/?action=view&current=whitetarusyamaha010.jpg

2004 RM 125

Type of riding: primarily track

Loved this bike. But, for some reason I was more timid on trails.... but much more confident on the track. Everyone is different I guess. I think in my case it was because I was higher of the ground, it made it harder to balance and hill climbs were definitely more intimidating because you must keep constant control of your power on a 2 stroke. And another factor was probably because I had pretty much been riding track only since on the RM, so trails (especially the trails we ride) are always a bit intimidating when you only ride them once in a while. It definitely took a lot more skill and focus than the TTR. It helped me learn how to use the clutch and control the power much more but, I had always wanted to move up to the 250f. I think I would have moved up to the 250f directly from the TTR, but the money was what was holding me back.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/doorslammer_72/Bike%20Pix/?action=view&current=Truck-Riding-Bike-Crash007.jpg

2004 RMZ 250

Type of riding: primarily track

Bought my RMZ 250 and fell in love. Its all the power I’ll ever need. Who knows if I’ll ever ride this bike to its full capacity... but who cares! The only aftermarket things I’ve added to my bike are a billet end cap, graphics and handlebars, chain and new sprockets. It is tall (tip toes only) but I’ve realized that not flat footing the ground isn’t a necessity. Im more confident with the constant power the 4 stroke gives. I instantly felt more confident jumping on the 250f and have become a much better rider since. Don’t exactly understand it... but, I just fell in love with it!

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/doorslammer_72/?action=view&current=124912854_404593860_0.jpg

Age: 21 Height: 5'8 Weight: About 140lbs. Been riding about 5 years now, mostly ride trails, although I really want to start making it out on the track more since I got the 250f. I'd say I'm a medium aggressive rider, I'm not scared to go out there and ride, but I'm a little timid and don't go all out at times. It just depends.

1st bike: Older KX80, I don't remember the year? I was 16 at the time and rode mostly trails.

It was a little too much bike for me to start out on. I was deathy afraid of it for a month or so because I kept popping wheelies on it, haha. Once I got used to it though, it was a great bike and a good size for me at the time. The only problem with this bike is that it was older and had a lot of problems and being a 1st bike for me it was hard for me to work on because I didn't know a lot. So I had to end up getting rid of it because it was just too much work to keep up.

I was without a bike for quite awhile, except my pit bike just because I was very busy with school and didn't have the money to buy another bike....

2nd bike: 2002 KX100, got it when I was 19-20, rode mostly trails

I loved this bike, it was a great bike for me because I had been without a bigger bike for awhile. It was easy to get used to and not too much bike for me. The great thing about the KX100 is its still a very fast bike and I'd say a great "inbetween" bike for someone not quite ready for a 125/250f. After about a year I was ready for a bigger bike though, much too small for me and I just reached a point where I couldn't really progress anymore on this bike.

3rd bike and current bike: 2007 KX250f, just got it a few months ago, ride trails/track on this bike.

I honestly have nothing, but good things to say about this bike! I was a little intimated by it at first because it was much bigger than my previous bike. But, once I got on it and rode it I realized it was no big deal. It was an easy bike to get used to riding I think, a lot smoother to ride than the 2-stroke, but its still enough bike to be a very aggressive and successful rider on. Just from the short time I've had this bike, I've learned a lot and I think become a much better rider. I've been riding it mostly out on the trails cause I'm still a little intimidated to take it on the track and I just want to get used to it a little more before I venture out there.

Hi everyone. I love that there are so many ladies out there happily riding. I wish there were more!

Height: 5'8"

Inseam: 32

Weight: 145 (who cares, right?)

Years Riding: 8

Skill: Moderately Aggressive

Type: 90% Trails, Lots of Single Track, Little Sand, Little Mud and an occassional track

Racing: Yes. Maybe once or twice a month (cross country)

Bike #1 - 1990 Suzuki DR350 (aka The Exxon Valdeez Super Tanker). What was I thinking?!@# Had it for a year. Way too big and heavy for what I wanted to do.

Bike #2 - CR250 (can't remember the year, but it was old) The bike was alright. Had some issues. Rode it for a while. But overall, it wasn't too bad and didn't seem like it was too much to handle. I was fairly new to riding, so I really didn't know better.

Bike #3 - 2003 YZF250 (My Dream Bike) I love(d) this bike. It had everything a girl needed; The power was perfect; Starting it was a breeze; wasn't so heavy that I couldn't pick it up when I bailed. As I got better, I starting noticing things that I wish I could change. I made some modifications to the suspension which was one of the biggest favors that I could have done for myself. This really helped me ride a lot longer and my recoveries after long rides weren't as grueling. Last year, I noticed that when I had "off days", the bike was my worst enemy. It was too heavy for as many mistakes as I was making and it was exhausting me. So, I bought another bike (but still have this one)

Bike #4 2007 WR250F. Aaaaahhhh! Electric Start. I had a mental block about the electric start thing but it has really helped stay strong during long rides. The bike seems a little taller than my YZF but its not too bad. I love the low end on it for some of the tight, switch-back sections on trails. I have had a hard time in the past working my clutch in slow sections but the low-end has really helped. The weight of the bike is pretty heavy, but you can't tell when riding it. It actually feels lighter than my YZF. And, I have a headlight for night rides. This is one of the coolest things about a trail bike. The main downfall is the power (due to California Air Emissions control). I've had to do lots of mods to get the bike up to par and I still have a few more to go. Overall, this is great trail bike. I'm pretty happy with it.

Oh, and I also have a 2006 CR85 Big Wheel. This bike is a blast but I'm trying to sell it since I never ride it.

Have Fun. Be Safe (sometimes).