Perry 11/10 Saturday

Thanks for sharing! You're gettin even better at eyeing those A lines!

Do you take off in 2nd or have a tall gearing?

I usually start in 1st. I ride an SX with 14/48 gearing, so my first is way taller than an XC-W with 13/50 or 13/52 and 2nd is a fair bit taller with that gearing. On my '05 EXC, I ran 13/52 and never used 1st. That old style wide ratio 5 speed gearbox wound up being a 4 speed with those sprockets.

To sum up my enduro report takes only 1 word, shit! My brake issues from Flint Ridge DS came back to haunt me. Turns out I rebuilt my MC wrong and got away with it 2 weeks ago at HVMC. Not today, it showed up early and often and I DNF'd at the 1/3 point. My helmet cam vids will be the first section and a compilation of crashes caused by a dragging/locked up front brake. Nothing like dropping 4' into a rock bottom creek with a locked front wheel!

• Like 1

you def had a bad day cbuss,

i got to see a few of your crashes, ... they were abusive to say the least...

i quit at mile 100... something grabbed my tow and jammed my foot into my bike then twisted it backward... wide open in 3rd gear...

i thought i broke my ankle and or tore my acll... it sucked!!!!

i got to the road before the free zone and my toes were tingling so i decided to back... i was getting worried at that point

hope i can walk tomorrow.. right now it's pretty rough... i wish i would have rode it out... i think i would have been fine...

just sucks... i was racing the best i've ran all season... mx51s were the right choice for SURE!!!... 8lbs front an rear and they were hooked like glue!

Edited by tjktm450sx

i dont think i broke anything...

my knee is really swolen today, ... i think i tore something at least, and maybe stoved up my ankle...

think i may have to go to the doctor for this one... its a chore to walk from my bed to the couch... , guess i'll see if its any worse later today...

i dont think i broke anything...

my knee is really swolen today, ... i think i tore something at least, and maybe stoved up my ankle...

think i may have to go to the doctor for this one... its a chore to walk from my bed to the couch...its worse today than it was yesterday , guess i'll see if its any worse later today...

Rotate ice and heat and take some Vitamin I and that knee will be better in no time.

Ice only for the first 48 hours. Gotta give the internal stuff that bleeds a chance to heel a bit before using heat. If you use heat too soon, you increase the swelling.

481905_4049015659014_1534704037_n.jpg

TJ i feel your pain look what i found when i pulled my boot off yesterday. I hope i hurt that gate post

Sooo pretty! LOL What kind of boots do you wear?

481905_4049015659014_1534704037_n.jpg

TJ i feel your pain look what i found when i pulled my boot off yesterday. I hope i hurt that gate post

Is it just me, there is no picture. It says posted image.

Well, it does work if I use POS internet explorer. Can't understand websites as large as this that only work with the worse web browser.

Edited by dale

Ice only for the first 48 hours. Gotta give the internal stuff that bleeds a chance to heel a bit before using heat. If you use heat too soon, you increase the swelling.

i've been icing most of the day, bought an elastic knee and ankle supports ...

been walking around, even rode my mountain bike up and down the street...

think i'll be ok, i'm gonna take it easy the next couple days at work

Edited by tjktm450sx

The Muddobbers was excellent, as always. I only fell once and it was in the last 5 miles. Pissed me off, thought I was going to get out of there with a perfect ride. I had a broken branch rip my jersey, under armor and my left bicep at one point and I tried to knock a sapling down with my right shoulder while riding on Dale's back fender. He moved suddenly and I hit the tree with my shoulder. Other than that, it was a ton of fun. I discovered I can still go pretty good in the tight stuff. It had been a while since I had a chance to really crank the pace up on some good trail.

My freakin' front brake squealed almost every time I used it though. I've always heard other guys brakes squealing but I've never had one do that before. I even bought new pads from Dale to see if that was the problem. Stopped the squealing for about 3 miles and then it was back.

Edited by roosterjamie

got that right,

as of now still planning on perry for sunday...

if it doesnt hurt to stand, i can ride lol

I don't think I will make Perry this weekend. Time to take a weekend off. Probably take son swimming and/or see new Total recall movie, hope to get my '10 back together also.

• Like 1

Is it just me, there is no picture. It says posted image.

Well, it does work if I use POS internet explorer. Can't understand websites as large as this that only work with the worse web browser.

I use Firefox and the picture showed up. What browser were you using? Chrome? Safari?