Perry 11/10 Saturday

I don't know why but I'm just getting 40 miles per tank before I'm having to hit reserve on my 300..

Float is probably a bit high. That'll cause you to lose gas out of the overflow when you ride. Pretty common on KTMs.

Kenny, Did you have your petcock turned off in my trailer both times? If not, then your float is not high because there wasn't any gas on the floor. It happens often.

I use to make sure everyone's was off, but since I have EFI now I kind of forgot about it.

Kenny, Did you have your petcock turned off in my trailer both times? If not, then your float is not high because there wasn't any gas on the floor. It happens often.

I use to make sure everyone's was off, but since I have EFI now I kind of forgot about it.

Even if the float is right, you'll dribble some gas. I forgot to turn the petcock off 1 time when I had my van. That was pretty bad. It only took 15-20 minutes before I got a headache from the fumes.

Kenny, does it leak at all when you have the bike on the sidestand?

Edited by CBus660R

Even if the float is right, you'll dribble some gas. I forgot to turn the petcock off 1 time when I had my van. That was pretty bad. It only took 15-20 minutes before I got a headache from the fumes.

For sure, that's why I was kind of surprised I didn't have any smell without me checking them. A lot of people never turn them off.

Just pick one up for corey today...lol.

And he went to the ER before you got it home? :banghead:

The only real test of fuel mileage I did was at Muddobbers DS the year it was changed to one 60 mile loop. I went on reserve within sight of the club, a lot of 2 strokes ran out with a mile to go. So that would be 30 mpg.

At Redbird it's 40 miles to gas and most riders get 1 gal or 1.1 gal, so 35 to 40 mpg.

Edited by dale

TJ, do you need to uncork the Yamaha

i don't know if I'm expecting too much from a 250 or if it's really that tame... it's got really good low end and probably close to the same as my 300 but seriously the top is lacking. I would have to port it and pipe it for sure to be happy after riding my 300

he called me last night and was telling me about all the stuff gytr makes... even a 300 kit

I think he will be fine with the 250,  I believe Yamaha is a step in the right direction at this point since we could never get the Beta to settle into Corey's riding idiosyncrasy's. We poured a ton of money in suspension and engine work,  Kirk did a great job on the engine but the suspension was always a challenge no matter how much time and money we spent on it....from ohlins inserts to having three different tuners try their magic with it, IMO i believe the ergonomics did not suit Corey's riding style and fit in finish was not durable enough to handle his abusive riding style.....lol. 

i don't know if I'm expecting too much from a 250 or if it's really that tame... it's got really good low end and probably close to the same as my 300 but seriously the top is lacking. I would have to port it and pipe it for sure to be happy after riding my 300

Yep the first step will be to get the suspension tuned, then open up the exhaust,  I believe replacing the stock exhaust will open the restriction feeling folks are talking about on the top end but we will see how it settles with Corey,  of course we know why these manufactures go cheap on exhaust. 

And he went to the ER before you got it home? :banghead:

The only real test of fuel mileage I did was at Muddobbers DS the year it was changed to one 60 mile loop. I went on reserve within sight of the club, a lot of 2 strokes ran out with a mile to go. So that would be 30 mpg.

At Redbird it's 40 miles to gas and most riders get 1 gal or 1.1 gal, so 35 to 40 mpg.

At lease with this new bike it was only 3 staples to the forehead and not surgery....lol

• Like 2

I think he will be fine with the 250, I believe Yamaha is a step in the right direction at this point since we could never get the Beta to settle into Corey's riding idiosyncrasy's. We poured a ton of money in suspension and engine work, Kirk did a great job on the engine but the suspension was always a challenge no matter how much time and money we spent on it....from ohlins inserts to having three different tuners try their magic with it, IMO i believe the ergonomics did not suit Corey's riding style and fit in finish was not durable enough to handle his abusive riding style.....lol.

the ergos and suspension are way better than the beta in my opinion and way closer to a KTM. I want to ride one with a fatty and a turbine core and see how it feels..:/ I know Yamaha tends to cork there bikes a lot stock