Perry 11/10 Saturday

Darn we missed going up the water fall!!! Picture look like it was a little rough. Guys Corey and I had a good time and looking forward to the next ride. My wife asked if I got in a fight all the blood on my jerrsy and scratches on on my nose. She said what ever it was I must of lost......lol. Fletch there is a place that is like Perry about less then 15 minutes from Perry that is open year around http://www.krashracingdirtpark.com/ Corey and I raced there last December, hills are like the ones at Perry. Also here is the link to the place that have the stock pile of S12 for $60 http://www.ktmwheelsports.com

Thanks for awesome pics dale.

I do not see the huge dent in the pics.

I did not try any low odd hills today because I did not want to get any small dent on the full titanium exhaust system at its debut day! Yes, I was feeling really good and excited until I got the huge dent on the pipe, broken shroud and radiator brace... The bike noticeably improved and also it was first time the e-start worked all day long whenever I wanted since I bought my KLX. LOL.

I can not wait for next time!

Does anybody got a helmet cam? If not, I might get one by next ride.

Darn we missed going up the water fall!!! Picture look like it was a little rough. Guys Corey and I had a good time and looking forward to the next ride. My wife asked if I got in a fight all the blood on my jerrsy and scratches on on my nose. She said what ever it was I must of lost......lol. Fletch there is a place that is like Perry about less then 15 minutes from Perry that is open year around http://www.krashracingdirtpark.com/ Corey and I raced there last December, hills are like the ones at Perry. Also here is the link to the place that have the stock pile of S12 for $60 http://www.ktmwheelsports.com

Hey, I'm back to riding the good stuff Dale! :busted: ........... Thanks for the link Chris! ? .........Yea it don't get no better than this ride. We had crashes, bike damage, blood, mud that smelled like sh**, and a whole lotta fun! :ride:

Thanks for awesome pics dale.

I do not see the huge dent in the pics.

I did not try any low odd hills today because I did not want to get any small dent on the full titanium exhaust system at its debut day! Yes, I was feeling really good and excited until I got the huge dent on the pipe, broken shroud and radiator brace... The bike noticeably improved and also it was first time the e-start worked all day long whenever I wanted since I bought my KLX. LOL.

I can not wait for next time!

Does anybody got a helmet cam? If not, I might get one by next ride.

I don't have one but I want one. I can only buy riding stuff used from KTMTalk now! ? I'm on a roll.

Dale, you were only supposed to post the pictures where I wasn't laying on my head spoding out.....fun ride. only 2 weeks til the next one!

If there any pictures anyone wants just tell me. I will email them in full resolution.

I don't have one but I want one. I can only buy riding stuff used from KTMTalk now! ? I'm on a roll.

I'll throw out the little I've learned researching Helmet cams.

Get the highest resolution. A regular TV has over 400 lines (HD is 1080) so you want at least that. You computer monitor has even more. A 20" monitor will have 1050 to 1200 vertical lines.

For comparison, the old 2 megapixel camera I used at Perry is 1200 vertical lines. My 5 meg camera is 1944 lines.

Don't save $50 and end up with a low quality picture.

This Place looks to have a nice setup with a crash proof camera housing.

This place has a lot of more info about helmet cams, but I don't see any protection for the camera.

My final XR just left, I was a little sad. But I've got a wad of cash to spend on something dirt bike related, so I'm feeling better now.

If anybody wants a 130/80-18 S12, $65 here, spend $100 and get free shipping. Spend $1K a year and get 5% rebate, so I get them for $61.75 to my door.

Fletchman, regarding GPS:

Here is a link to an older post where the GPS track was taken by me on a typical Dale-led, all-over-the-freaking-place, awesome ride. 'Jeff W' made the really cool maps. He overlayed my track data onto a topgraphic map. The end result is a great trail map.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356941&page=2&highlight=perry+gps+map

My GPS unit is a Magellan Sport Trak Pro, and I needed to buy Magellan software to download/upload different base maps, tracks, or waypoints. Garmin has their own proprietary software I think its called Mapsource.

Fletchman, regarding GPS:

Here is a link to an older post where the GPS track was taken by me on a typical Dale-led, all-over-the-freaking-place, awesome ride. 'Jeff W' made the really cool maps. He overlayed my track data onto a topgraphic map. The end result is a great trail map.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356941&page=2&highlight=perry+gps+map

My GPS unit is a Magellan Sport Trak Pro, and I needed to buy Magellan software to download/upload different base maps, tracks, or waypoints. Garmin has their own proprietary software I think its called Mapsource.

Those gps tracks are cool. I wish I could find my USB cable.

If there any pictures anyone wants just tell me. I will email them in full resolution.

I'll throw out the little I've learned researching Helmet cams.

Get the highest resolution. A regular TV has over 400 lines (HD is 1080) so you want at least that. You computer monitor has even more. A 20" monitor will have 1050 to 1200 vertical lines.

For comparison, the old 2 megapixel camera I used at Perry is 1200 vertical lines. My 5 meg camera is 1944 lines.

Don't save $50 and end up with a low quality picture.

This Place looks to have a nice setup with a crash proof camera housing.

This place has a lot of more info about helmet cams, but I don't see any protection for the camera.

My final XR just left, I was a little sad. But I've got a wad of cash to spend on something dirt bike related, so I'm feeling better now.

If anybody wants a 130/80-18 S12, $65 here, spend $100 and get free shipping. Spend $1K a year and get 5% rebate, so I get them for $61.75 to my door.

I want every picture that you feel like emailing to me. I want to show everybody! ?

It's always kinda sad to see an old bike go. The entire time it's for sale, you can't wait for someone to call about it. But when it's pulling out your driveway and you know your seeing it for the last time, it's sad. :busted:

I got Rocky Mountains new catalog Friday. I buy alot from them too, but I buy from other places also so I don't get the dicount. I'm going to support my local dealer with the tires though. I'm getting to know them all pretty well and I think it's good to help out the people who sell you bikes! :ride:

That's a pretty good deal, Dale. CCM let's them go for $71.00, after my "pro" discount:busted: That's like 20% off list:excuseme: I'm sure Fletchman would get the same deal.

Speaking of Fletchman, thanks for coming out to HH today. I don't want to go back to that one section..........EVER! LOL There were just too many logs over there:excuseme: I see you learned my secret..............I always fall to the left. You were getting good at passing me mid-hill, on the right!!! That's the only thing I dislike, is it's nearly impossible to get it re-started on the steep hills. When we were busting trail and came upon that house, we were clear over at the church camp! I saw the house when we were leaving. Sorry my buddy couldn't stay up with us. He doesn't do the gnarly lines like we took. I felt like I was about 60% today. When it got precarious, and stressed my shoulder, I just let go(yeah, that's it). That 450 was impressive though. It just felt so light and flickable.

Kyle, like I said; You're welcome to either of those front tires. The 742 is new, and the MT32 is still about 75%..........take your pick. You need to get rid of that front tire........IMMEDIATELY! I have some rear tires also, but will have to see what's in the best shape. But that front needs to be deep-sixed:busted:

Man, I'm excited about the 24th:busted: ?:ride::busted:?

I want every picture that you feel like emailing to me. I want to show everybody! ?

On the way.

I got Rocky Mountains new catalog Friday. I buy alot from them too, but I buy from other places also so I don't get the dicount. I'm going to support my local dealer with the tires though. I'm getting to know them all pretty well and I think it's good to help out the people who sell you bikes! :ride:

I try to support local business really hard. I would gladly pay 20% more. But when they don't have what I want and try to tell me I want the wrong thing and "those internet people" don't know crap I just walk away.

I almost never buy a new bike, and the few times I have the dealer ended up being an A## afterword. If you have a good dealer your lucky.

Places that Scr##d me are.

KRW cycle

Southside aka Honda/yamaha of Troy

On the way.

I try to support local business really hard. I would gladly pay 20% more. But when they don't have what I want and try to tell me I want the wrong thing and "those internet people" don't know crap I just walk away.

I almost never buy a new bike, and the few times I have the dealer ended up being an A## afterword. If you have a good dealer your lucky.

Places that Scr##d me are.

KRW cycle

Southside aka Honda/yamaha of Troy

Yea, I know what you mean. It seems like most shops are not people friendly. They are just focused on selling bikes and parts. The guys at CCM are down to earth and they'll listen more than most others I've dealt with. I like them and I like how close they are so I go there pretty often. I still make most of my larger parts orders online, but I'm going to try and use them more often.

Yeah, I've experienced that situation where they basically "blow you off". I too have had good luck at CCM. But I've only purchased parts there. I get a kick out of the fact that they cruise TT all the time. When I broke my collarbone, Dave knew about it from my post, and made fun of me as soon as I walked in. Now THATS customer service:thumbsup: