Perry 11/10 Saturday

8 hours ago, Uknow said:

Sat will be north of 50, many of same trails as last years enduro, more technical trail in a more condensed general area. Lunch at Laurelville.

Sun will be a lot south of 50, lunch in Wilksville I think. Most of this years enduro trail, faster more open trail, larger area, will get farthest from the Airport.

That's all I know.

As I had expected but wanted to verify before buds made their final choice.

How are those family enduro events? I might try to check out the Ohio Woods Riders event this coming weekend if I can get the bike back together. I can't race the Sunday the events as I haven't purchased any of the dummy lights for my bike. It could be nice to go and relax and meet some people and not worry about sinking my bike in sxs ruts at Perry for a change. :doh:

Edited by Mayo513

31 minutes ago, Mayo513 said:

How are those family enduro events? I might try to check out the Ohio Woods Riders event this coming weekend if I can get the bike back together. I can't race the Sunday the events as I haven't purchased any of the dummy lights for my bike. It could be nice to go and relax and meet some people and not worry about sinking my bike in sxs ruts at Perry for a change. :doh:

Some are decent trail rides for an adult and others are more kid oriented. Just know there will be little kids and don't run over them.

I haven't done OWR but I know them, I'd expect the trail to be pretty good but it will be short and semi easy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, i4bikes said:

I don't know about everyone but the district 14 races were. That was part of the plan, to teach riders how to time keep.

3 hours ago, Uknow said:

I think so, the couple I rode were. Speed was 12mph for first loop or section, then 18mph without the 50s.

I've been reading about these and trying to get familiar with the concept, I think I will just have to learn by doing and/or volunteer to help at an event.So it might be worth it to try the Family Enduro and just go slow and give it a try for the timekeeping part of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mayo513 said:

I've been reading about these and trying to get familiar with the concept, I think I will just have to learn by doing and/or volunteer to help at an event.So it might be worth it to try the Family Enduro and just go slow and give it a try for the timekeeping part of it.

1 hour ago, Mayo513 said:

If you're a C rider you'll have to ride pretty fast just to stay on time, especially the 18mph loop.

31 minutes ago, ghog said:

If you're a C rider you'll have to ride pretty fast just to stay on time, especially the 18mph loop.

It looks like the format is actually a restart format: This is a restart format with groups by age only. https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/c2b913_930e76d4ad264ee18f9a3b599d78f1bf.pdf

I think I will get a cheap watch to help practice setting the time. I'm more worried about finishing at this point as I have to get my stamina and comfort back in riding dirt.

Edited by Mayo513
  • Like 1