SUPERMOTO English? or SUPERMOTARD French!

Hmmmmmm! I have been riding SM Style for three years now and I have heard it called Supermotard more often , the KTM is called a 640 Supermoto LC4 . Supermotard sounds strange to me so i will stick to the English version! I am going to try my hand at racing My 60+HP full on SM DRZ470 And through the net I have been keeping an eye on the Euro SM racing.

And at the time that I was putting my Zook to gether the Moto-Master Wave Disk and the caliper was not even available .All the SM Questions that were asked in the DRZ forum were directed to me because of my knolage of the bikes and the sport. And with help from no one!

Not only have I built The Best bike I have ever owned, but I can ride it like the way it is ment ta be!!!

wlystpy2_0013.jpg

slide_0001.jpg

fun_0006.jpg

:)

[ June 27, 2002: Message edited by: WILD FX ]

Rock On, FX, Rock On!!!! Nice Ride!!!!

actually being half French I find this Super-moto / Super-motard thing a bit annoying....... they are both French

Moto is a Bike

Motard is a Biker

so a Super-Motard rides a Super-Moto

so you can't really have a Super-Motard Bike, if you see what I mean

Thanks Eh!

So the 470 stays tight with a 570 EXC.

And I like calling it SM most of the time and also I gotsta agree wit Huracane on this one! :)

Hey Wild FX, How much did it cost you to do the wheels and front brakes on your DR? I live in Calgary and unfortunantly there are no twisty roads around here to rip up. BC on the other hand...

nice bike mate. i happen to be half french myself and call it supermoto... but each to their own. can i ask is it a 450 with a big bore kit? we only get 450s here in aussie. was thinking bout getting next years rmz450, it has 57 hp stock 101 kg....weeeeee!! i have a 2005 ktm 640sm....slow... and the headlight falls off every now and then. the rear shocker leaked and the front fork seals too,and if you 12 oclock it oil gets in air filter.. its a peice of shite avoid ktm. looks good though.

cant wait to see what "burned" has to say about your 60+ hp. good lookin bike though

dan

Didn't you have a KTM RFS, then the TM?

Did you sell the TM?

nice bike mate. i happen to be half french myself and call it supermoto... but each to their own. can i ask is it a 450 with a big bore kit? we only get 450s here in aussie. was thinking bout getting next years rmz450, it has 57 hp stock 101 kg....weeeeee!! i have a 2005 ktm 640sm....slow... and the headlight falls off every now and then. the rear shocker leaked and the front fork seals too,and if you 12 oclock it oil gets in air filter.. its a peice of shite avoid ktm. looks good though.

I think they are around 43 HP stock if you use the US horspower.

talk about bringing a thread back from the dead.

wildfx doesn't race anymore, doesn't own a drz. He has a TM now

The original series in the States (as you all know) for TV was called SuperBikers - the French translation of this was SuperMotard. A natural progression of this was to name the class after the bikes that are used hence SuperMoto (SuperBike).

talk about bringing a thread back from the dead.

wildfx doesn't race anymore, doesn't own a drz. He has a TM now

:banghead: yea no shizzz, I thought I'd bumped my head and gone back in time.....

actually being half French I find this Super-moto / Super-motard thing a bit annoying....... they are both French

Moto is a Bike

Motard is a Biker

so a Super-Motard rides a Super-Moto

so you can't really have a Super-Motard Bike, if you see what I mean

Full on French Canadian (the new and improved french LOL). You are right on my brother. :banghead:

Who cares? People either know what your'e talking about or they're not worth talking to about it.

Cool pics. I like the SM bikes. Never ridden one, but maybe some day.

friends dont let friends use "{motard " duh

Supermoto :banghead:

I've motarded my Dr 800.......Or have I motoed it?

why you being so motarded its Supermoto