G-P conditions

The Nightrider stuff is Ok for mountain bikes but the TT stuff is the ticket for MC as you found out.

Are you bringing that to Bend next weekend. If so i would like to see it.

K

Yep he bought it for pedaling back and forth to work, our friend Mike owns a bicycle shop. He is going to try to become a trailtech reseller. The Nightrider lights have some cool features like the 3 brightness settings and the led worklight. But they are lacking in the brightness and even color of light, too blue IMO. They are working on LED lights that are suposed to be the wave of the future...

I will bring my light next week, maybe we can do some night riding Saturday night?

Thanks for the info Joe, which take more power?

Not Joe but...

I beleive the 8" HID is 35w and the 8" trail light 55w-90w whatever is available...

Gifford, probably has snow...?

Later,

Thanks Joe, I knew word would get out sooner or later. Engine is back together and running fine, all pivots lubed ready to assemble and shock,forks out for service next week. Maybe I'll get some video up this weekend of are ride and the start of the adventure.

OMG:eek: So I just got home from the Owl & Thistle where I drank my share of Jack after what seemed like 5 mondays in a row and I see this thread... 2 things come to mind -

1. The ride report has me totally sportin' wood:busted:

2. I think an 08' night ride is in order. Not just any night ride... I think Jumbo and Sunrise by moon light would be epic.. maybe langille by head light to the boundry and back north above the tree line under the moonlight... Camp along the cispus:thumbsup:

Thanks Joe, I knew word would get out sooner or later. Engine is back together and running fine, all pivots lubed ready to assemble and shock,forks out for service next week. Maybe I'll get some video up this weekend of are ride and the start of the adventure.

I hear Yamaha has a watersport division, sounds like you and Joe had a good time and sorry I missed that ride.

2. I think an 08' night ride is in order. Not just any night ride... I think Jumbo and Sunrise by moon light would be epic.. maybe langille by head light to the boundry and back north above the tree line under the moonlight... Camp along the cispus:thumbsup:

Keep drinking bro.

BTW langille was totally debushed the weekend after you ran us through it this summer.

Rob,

Great post! You and your solo riding still amazes me. Everyone is stepping up to help you with your lighting needs but I understand about your not needing more than the carry-on light if you didn't want to weigh the front end down unnecessarily. And I thought our ride was the last! You've probably ridden another 300 GP miles SINCE then! Keep the report coming ...

Trav was it you telling me the the 8" TT was better than the new three light setup Joe has for the faster open stuff? I'm trying to decide which way i want to go.

K

I don't think it was me, but as others have already stated the 8" gives your more distance. the review in dirt rider comparing the lights is very good.

the 3 way has the two scmr16 spots for distance, as good as the scmr16 are and even with two I doubt that they provide the fill at 50' the 8" does. my baja designs 8" completely lights up the entire groomed course at 50'. however, it does not have the fill at 0-30' like the 3-way.

when I bought mine Richard from HOH convinced me to buy the Baja designs 8" over the TT and stated it has a much better pattern, and from what I've seen I believe it does (dirtrider test agrees with this too and gave it the preferred driving light recommendation). the BD light seems to have a wider pattern and reach further.

that being said, scott has upgraded the bulb in his TT light, I believe from the 35w to 55w, and that has given him good results according to his lighting thread. I wanted to check it out at the 24hr but never had an opportunity.

Rob,

Great post! You and your solo riding still amazes me. Everyone is stepping up to help you with your lighting needs but I understand about your not needing more than the carry-on light if you didn't want to weigh the front end down unnecessarily. And I thought our ride was the last! You've probably ridden another 300 GP miles SINCE then! Keep the report coming ...

Hey Byron,

Yea I think I will just keep the lights on my 250 XCFW and keep the XCF in MX trim. At least everyone got to show us their light setups:ride:

It has been a good last few weeks up there with not many riders. In fact I didn't see one other rider since our ride with you and Rick( except fpr my ride with johnny knievil) and yes at least 300 miles since, around 3k for the season. Great place to ride.

Trail 18 could use some work if any riders are interested in helping out. CXR mentioned that trail 18 needs some water bars etc... I may try some mid week maint if it's not too snowy. NOAA's report for today is...

Today: Periods of rain before 10am, then periods of snow showers. High near 35. West southwest wind between 10 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Tonight: Snow showers likely, mainly after 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 26. West southwest wind between 7 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Sounds like it's back to this; white on white

late giffy #2 002.jpg

I was the other rider with Dion that ride and saw this mishap right in front of my eyes. i did a big "GULP" as i knew it was my turn next. bravely, dion waded out halfway across ( up to his waist) and i handed off my bike to him....just as i did, the swift current took mine sideways too but i hit the kill button and we got it out ok. it was now 6pm at the end of a 69 mile ride ( which of course, was a Dion ride, not some stroll through the park!). we spent 1/2 hr or so trying to start his bike and realized it wasnt going to happen and was getting real dark. both of us were soaked and beat, so we pushed my bike up and out of the creek bed into solid woods,leaving his behind. no way we could see well enough to pick up any hint of trail ( we crossed far from the former bridge and trail), so only my headlight in solid woods with 2 of us searching for a way out! finally after another hour or so, saw a few cars going by on 23 and it looked to be maybe 200 yards away through the woods. we managed to signal a car to stop and help. a very nice vietnamese couple helped us to the road, gave us water and cookies and helped us re-connect with Russ ( did i mention that we rode the first 58 miles with russ, and he decided to take the road back at that point to his truck and wait for us?). WHAT an adventure!! i was blown away by all that happened! and i would do it again for sure. all in all our day featured ( in addition to this last 2 hour ordeal): 2 flat tires, miles of snow on upper trails, gatoraid added to my radiator going UP bishops ridge, and awesome awesome singletrack fun. woooo hooooo!!!! Thanks for the ride of the year Dion!!

Joe

I was the other rider with Dion that ride and saw this mishap right in front of my eyes. i did a big "GULP" as i knew it was my turn next. bravely, dion waded out halfway across ( up to his waist) and i handed off my bike to him....just as i did, the swift current took mine sideways too but i hit the kill button and we got it out ok. it was now 6pm at the end of a 69 mile ride ( which of course, was a Dion ride, not some stroll through the park!). we spent 1/2 hr or so trying to start his bike and realized it wasnt going to happen and was getting real dark. both of us were soaked and beat, so we pushed my bike up and out of the creek bed into solid woods,leaving his behind. no way we could see well enough to pick up any hint of trail ( we crossed far from the former bridge and trail), so only my headlight in solid woods with 2 of us searching for a way out! finally after another hour or so, saw a few cars going by on 23 and it looked to be maybe 200 yards away through the woods. we managed to signal a car to stop and help. a very nice vietnamese couple helped us to the road, gave us water and cookies and helped us re-connect with Russ ( did i mention that we rode the first 58 miles with russ, and he decided to take the road back at that point to his truck and wait for us?). WHAT an adventure!! i was blown away by all that happened! and i would do it again for sure. all in all our day featured ( in addition to this last 2 hour ordeal): 2 flat tires, miles of snow on upper trails, gatoraid added to my radiator going UP bishops ridge, and awesome awesome singletrack fun. woooo hooooo!!!! Thanks for the ride of the year Dion!!

Joe

Good read Joe!

You and Big D do know how to have a good time. I wish I would have been with you guys, instead it was ride da hat with Betty.

I really don't see why your bike should over heat going up 272:excuseme: ? I miss that north side riding living closer to the south side.

Looks pretty snowy now and it could be gettin turned over to the sleds soon:cry: Hope you're all scorin some good ridin today.