california plated XR650R on Ebay...

The bike has been sold! The reason I know this. The guy sent me an email simply reading " I sold the bike *******! Im the last guy to ask a question on the ad. The one where I told him it was bad form and a shady ad for trying to sell this bike as "street legal" by simply giving an illegal Ca.tag with it?? He just rubbed me the wrong way with his response to the first guy to ask if it were street legal or not? So we had a couple of not so nice emails back & forth between us and then he HAD to let me know that he had sold the bike!! So I told him congrats on his sale and to take the money and go buy himself a life with it!! I cant believe the guy actually thought it was ok to advertise the bike as "street legal" & "plated' when it was not and to even offer to give a Ca. plate he had found with the motorcycle seemed really stupied in my book! Is that illegal to sell lost License plates for someone to use on a vehicle elsewhere?

"On Nov-12-07 at 15:18:15 PST, seller added the following information:

Just to make sure we are all clear, the non-valid but authentic CA plate will be provided with the bike."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuppers thats a scam and a half. Glad you reported him.

Holy Crap! I didn't notice it before but this is the California Dual Sports kit guy!

This is the guy I fought with for months to get the correct kit after he sold me the wrong one. Then he flamed me for two pages in his email, which I of course posted here.

WHAT A LOSER

Yeah he seemed like he really had to get things off of his chest in his email. Does this guy own a DS company so we can post a word of caution about his antics? Im a true believer in Karma and what comes around goes around and people like him always get theirs in the end!

Yeah he seemed like he really had to get things off of his chest in his email. Does this guy own a DS company so we can post a word of caution about his antics? Im a true believer in Karma and what comes around goes around and people like him always get theirs in the end!

The CRFR and X forums are really familiar with his business practices, and have flamed him out of that forum forever!

Yeah it looks to have an OVERSIZED topend job installed? What bore is that you think? Hate to sound like the XR police but a word of caution on another XR650R that is posted up on ebay. It's the supermotard one out of Red Bluff, Ca forsale for $6K. I inquired about this bike a few months ago off of Cycletrader.com when it was advertised for quick sell at $2500. I tried the stated number in the ad and it was bogus, and then emailed the guy where he told me he was on an "Offshore" drilling rig and had left the bike with shippers!! I knew right then the scam that was coming with this one so I informed the fraud dept at Cycletrader and in the next week the ad had a different number (which actually was legit but went to automated voice mail) and the price had changed to $5500. I tried to contact seller twice and never got a response. It's the same pic's and location and I found this exact same bike again on another cycle selling website where the placed ad date was March? That bike sure gets around alot for not going anywhere!?