Sign in to follow this  

How do the 06 and 07 450s compare to each other

I'm looking for a newer or new bike, but can't afford an 08 (I rode one, flogged as much as I can, and it was as good as it gets). BTW I'm on an 06 yami with 24mm clamps, so you know what I'm trying to gain and get away from.

Both the 06 and 07 are excellent bikes and they are more similar than different. The 06 has slightly more hit and the 07 has more linear power. The handling of the bikes is about the same. Right now Honda is offering the dealers $1,300 cash back so if you are shopping for new, that's hard to beat.

This $1300 cash back thing - how does it work?

I stopped by a tiny honda dealership today, they said I could get their '06 for $5k even, and the '07 for $5900. I'm selling my '04 (or trying to) and looking to buy next spring. What should I get them down to otd?

There are some 07s for 5600 OTD (I think OTD). Might call around tomorrow. Did the 07s have the .47 springs in the forks? And how was the valving in the 07s compared to the 06s?

Did the 07s have the .47 springs in the forks? And how was the valving in the 07s compared to the 06s?

No, the fork spring rate has been .45 from 05-07 and bumped up to .47 for 08.

MXA said that they actually made a step backwards in the fork valving for 07 although most people probably wouldn't notice.

I have .49's with 375cc oil in my otherwise stock 06 forks and they are very good.

This $1300 cash back thing - how does it work?

I stopped by a tiny honda dealership today, they said I could get their '06 for $5k even, and the '07 for $5900. I'm selling my '04 (or trying to) and looking to buy next spring. What should I get them down to otd?

I paid $4799 for a new 06 recently. OTD prices vary depending on sales taxes and fees. I didn't pay sales tax because I was from out of state and there was no set up fees charged by the dealer. The dealer only charged a $12 documentation fee and that was it.

The $1,300 cash back goes directly to the dealer so that's why they offered such a low price. It won't last long so if you are planning on a new 06 you should pull the trigger quickly.

Ah, that's why he said $5k "until the end of the year"

I was just about to be a smart ass and say "yeah, how much less in '08", but I bet he was thinking his $1300 cash back might be gone by next year. Honda probably figures if a dealership can't sell an '06 for less than $5k they need new salesmen.

No, the fork spring rate has been .45 from 05-07 and bumped up to .47 for 08.

MXA said that they actually made a step backwards in the fork valving for 07 although most people probably wouldn't notice.

I have .49's with 375cc oil in my otherwise stock 06 forks and they are very good.

So, are you saying the 06 is as good as the 07 (with the CDI modification)?

They sure are cheaper

So, are you saying the 06 is as good as the 07 (with the CDI modification)?

They sure are cheaper

That's my opinion.