What did you do to your DRZ400 today?

Crunch406

2 hours ago, CaptCapsize said:

What did I do to my DRZ400E today. I sold it! 

She has been a wonderful ride, but Blue has always been my favorite color.    She has been been great, but I fell in love with a Yamaha, WR450F.  The new owner got a good deal on a well farkeled bike.   

I'll miss the old girl, even though she once,  in a tantrum at Slickrock, tried to break my leg and collarbone at the same time.

Great choice........you'll have to do some grip exercises now, she has a lot more poop than the drizzy. (sold mine too and got one of those orange bikes...100lbs less)

• Like 3

I finally tackled my lean running issue by changing clip positions on the needle. To get to the top of the FCR carb without removing it from the bike, remove the tank which allows access to the two (3mm) allen screws which hold the top cover to the FCR on. After removing the cover, have your helper turn the throttle so it raises the sled carrying the needle. Then use a 4mm allen to remove the center bolt - the needle is beneath it. Pull the needle gently up with a pair of hemostats.

What a difference. I was having a bit of chugging at low rpm's, a little idle hang, and wandering/surging rpms while holding the throttle. I'm now in clip position 4 but I think tomorrow I'll move it to 5.

Hope everyone is well.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CaptCapsize said:

What did I do to my DRZ400E today. I sold it! 

She has been a wonderful ride, but Blue has always been my favorite color.    She has been been great, but I fell in love with a Yamaha, WR450F.  The new owner got a good deal on a well farkeled bike.   

I'll miss the old girl, even though she once,  in a tantrum at Slickrock, tried to break my leg and collarbone at the same time.

Great bike, have fun!

• Like 1

I finally ordered my new suspension springs....was gonna wait till i got back to around 200lbs but after months of on and off again dieting/working out I've come to realize at this moment in my life weight loss isn't gonna happen. So with that i ended up ordering Factory Connection .50 fork springs and a 6.1 shock spring from a seller on evilBay for $180 shipped! I'll worry about the 20lb of weight loss next year LOLOL 

• Like 6

Added some more blingy bits, then took her for a ride. Really digging the footpegs! :ride:

Muddy creek bed trails today and my feet felt like they were on a concrete platform.

Slightly larger than the IMS Super Stock pegs they replace. $42 direct.

Oh, digging the CRF master cylinder too! ?

20180610_085316.jpg

20180610_083520.jpg

• Like 6

After ballistic battery told me I was stupid for running a 4 cell and stating they couldn't warranty it because it clearly wasn't big enough for the bike, lol, they kindly offered to give me an 8 cell for the price difference.  Damn cool of them..

Got it installed in the same place as the four cell and it works much better now!

IMG_20180612_184051.jpg

• Like 2

Breather box removed. Didn't T pipe it either. Added a Polaris inline breather off the head to a pod filter zip tied by my left rad. Airbox and oil return are both capped. After a long day's ride and wheelie testing, there is just a drop of oil on the pod filter. Much better than several ounces in the airbox, dripping onto the swingarm and tire. IMG_3409.JPG

• Like 3

What did I do to my DRZ today? I picked up a nail and flatted the rear tire... :( It was just a short ride, I said. Don't need to bring my tools, I said. Well I managed to limp to the NAPA in Blaine WA, and they were supernice. Rolled out a deluxe hydraulic bike stand for me to take the wheel off, dropped what they were doing to R&R the tire and patch the tube, and charged way less than the shop hourly rate for their time. A guy trailering a KTM 300 saw me pulling the wheel and stopped to see if he could help. All in all, turned a sh**ty experience into a good one.

I rode a couple of miles (slowly) with the flat. I think the rimlock and UHD tube saved it from being worse.

tirenail.jpg

tirefix.jpg

• Like 6

What did I do to my DRZ today? I picked up a nail and flatted the rear tire... [emoji20] It was just a short ride, I said. Don't need to bring my tools, I said. Well I managed to limp to the NAPA in Blaine WA, and they were supernice. Rolled out a deluxe hydraulic bike stand for me to take the wheel off, dropped what they were doing to R&R the tire and patch the tube, and charged way less than the shop hourly rate for their time. A guy trailering a KTM 300 saw me pulling the wheel and stopped to see if he could help. All in all, turned a sh**ty experience into a good one.
I rode a couple of miles (slowly) with the flat. I think the rimlock and UHD tube saved it from being worse.

tirenail.thumb.jpg.b9668a5089ff762da794a19927101b65.jpg
tirefix.thumb.jpg.75d559b2fec20c2d8d3d85865f717db3.jpg

Love to hear about good people out there! So much crap on the news these days!
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Signman606 said:

Love dem shrouds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??

Thanks!  Made them myself from rigid PVC foam board (sign makers use it; can get it at a plastic shop).  Easy to form with a heat gun; light as air but quite tough and rigid.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ctopher86 said:

So what intake are you running?

Still running the 2003IN, ie, OSHC. ?

Notice how this combination matches the Megacycle 'torque' profile cams, less about 0.1mm lift on each cam. The overlap and duration are close enough to be called the same. Furthermore, I don't think anyone could feel a 0.1mm difference.

http://www.megacyclecams.com/catalog/Page51.pdf

My tach tells me I'm shifting sooner now. Next will be a 49t rear sprocket.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bermudacat said:

Still running the 2003IN, ie, OSHC. ?

Notice how this combination matches the Megacycle 'torque' profile cams, less about 0.1mm lift on each cam. The overlap and duration are close enough to be called the same. Furthermore, I don't think anyone could feel a 0.1mm difference.

http://www.megacyclecams.com/catalog/Page51.pdf

My tach tells me I'm shifting sooner now. Next will be a 49t rear sprocket.

NICE!!!! ?

• Like 1

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to What did you do to your DRZ400 today?