What did you do to your DRZ400 today?

Crunch406

I've been training at Fort Irwin for the last month. Other than staring at her picture, I've done nothing.

BUT when I get back I need to clean the oil screen, install the MCCT, and grease both the wheel bearings and lower linkage.

Stiffer springs for the front end may be in the forecast this winter.

Changed the coolant to distilled water and water wetter.

Put on a SME catch can.

Safety wired the oil filter nuts, filler cap, and drain bolts.

Put on axle slider.

Checked that my old GSXR track stand fits the swingarm, and it does, so I'll be losing the kickstand.

That's about it. Preparing for a class next weekend with Trachy.

Re installed my screen after the Blue Light Rally.

Disconnected the clutch isolating switch, behind the headlight shroud, plugged the connectors back into each other closing the loop. Starts without clutching now, just have to make sure the neutral lights on.

Then raised the Triple Clamp on the fork, up to one line down (8mm) from top, instead of two lines down, for a bit more stability in a straight line.

Cut the clutch back to two fingers and the brake back to three fingers, to help with feathering the clutch in hill climbs, and not squeezing on my outside grip fingers.

I have a 200 DRZ-E with a Baja kit - one of the very first bikes of this series. I spent $1,200 and 12 hours to do long overdue maintanance. It has always run ok.

I have only changed the oil and added gas for 6 years so to get ready for the dirt bike season (California weather is great!) I did the following:

Greased all fittings and shock linkage

Oil and filter

Airfilter change

New Bridgestone tires and checked the wheels for runout - they were great even though I usually ride very rocky section in the Sierra Mtn's all summer

New chain and sprockets 15/50 (up 2 in the back)

New fork springs with race tech valving, fresh oil and seals (Evolution in SJ)

New spring, oil and seals for the shock ($825 for forks and shock)

Replaced the cam chain adjuster with the one talked about here. Tough to get at the inside allen bolt - had to hacksaw my allen wrench.

Checked the valves for the first time since the 600 mile check and they were fine.

lubed the cables

Replaced the front brake pads and fluid

Replaced the coolent, took off the radiators (they were bent but still hold water) and washed the dirt out. Used a screwdriver to straighten bent cores.

Added a new tall seat. Now I barely touch the ground - we will have to see how that goes. The old one hurt after a long day of riding.

New spark plug - first in six years

It ran fine before and runs great now. The suspension should be as good or better than a new KTM.

Took it around the neighborhood and it feels great. I can't wait until this weekend to dial in the suspension.

Any other suggestions for maintanance?

THATS A TESTAMENT TO THE DRZ IF I EVER HEARD ONE,,,RIGT ON ?

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to What did you do to your DRZ400 today?