What did you do to your DRZ400 today?

Crunch406

Took off work today cause its my b-day. Yay! Worked on my drz most of the day. Installed some self bought goodies, Christmas gifts, and birthday presents.

Pirelli Scorpion tires (my maxxis were toast!)

Kenda tuff tubes

Tusk hand guards

Tush bar risers

Oxford heated grips

Throttle tube

Plug, oil, oil filter, and air filter change

Shinny exhaust tip for my shorty exhaust

Seal the edge tail light (rode 3 times after installed and it was nasty inside)

Various decals

forum080.jpg

forum083.jpg

forum082.jpg

Public holiday here in the Land of Oz today, so spent some quality shed time.

Wired the headlight straight to the battery with a couple of mini relays to do the switching.

Installed a couple of LED spot lights. Man those things are bright!

P1260214a.jpg

Made a couple of brackets to mount them to the top triple clamp.

P1260215a.jpg

Made a new dash for the Vapor etc, the original one I made was a little on the flimsy side and the ignition key was hard to get at. This one has everything laid out better and is very solid. Just a piece of 6mm aluminium plate I had lying around and a couple of cut down angle brackets.

P1260213a.jpg

Nice work, Good use of your shed time>>>> ? Wow 6mm ,flimsy it ain't.... :bonk:

Thanks, I would have probably used 4mm if I didn't already have that offcut lying around. Would have been a whole lot easier to work with, cutting aluminium is such a messy business.

Can you provide links/info on the headlight and screen??? I like that setup!!!

G'day Buddoggin, Headlight is from a Buell and the screen is a Triumph Speed Triple flyscreen visor. Bought both new as they were not that expensive compaired to some of the second hand prices and universal aftermarket screens are very plain/ugly and big bucks.

Made up all the brackets to suit, will take some pic's of those soon when I do some wiring for heated grips and 12V outlet.

Buell headlight part No Y0421.1 ADA. $147

Headlight grill part No M0023.1 AJAYT $50

Triumph Speed Triple visor Part No A9708188 $126

Thats Aussie Dollars ?

G'day Buddoggin, Headlight is from a Buell and the screen is a Triumph Speed Triple flyscreen visor. Bought both new as they were not that expensive compaired to some of the second hand prices and universal aftermarket screens are very plain/ugly and big bucks.

Made up all the brackets to suit, will take some pic's of those soon when I do some wiring for heated grips and 12V outlet.

Buell headlight part No Y0421.1 ADA. $147

Headlight grill part No M0023.1 AJAYT $50

Triumph Speed Triple visor Part No A9708188 $126

Thats Aussie Dollars ?

Thanks!!!

Haven't done it yet, but returned from working away for 3 days to find a big brown box. My new black oversized tank, and white shrouds have arrived from Wheeling Cycle Supplies! All the way to Aus in no time, brilliant.

Those are definitely going on this weekend!!!

Took my KLX out for about 80 miles this week. Not the ideal weather to break in the new Pilot Power 2CT front/Pilot Race Soft rear tires, but I'm only 3/4" from the edges so far. Also took off the natural IMS 3.2gal tank, in favor of a stock black plastic KLX tank. New rear wave brake rotor and 39T rear sprocket (down from 44T). The bike feels completely different, and I'm having a blast so far for this year. I picked up a Polisport headlight (trying to drop some lbs) but it's not on yet (and the green is slightly different). ?

Up all night again -- nothing new here...

Finished installing the Unabiker Rad Grillz

Ran power supply to tail (for charging things)

Installed cig lighter up from (for smokes and additional power for GPS)

Installed Battery Tender Pigtail with status LED (lets me know when battery is low and it's time to charge)

Fine tuned some CB adjustments (still working on a slight 'whine' in the system - think I need a ground loop isolator)

Mounted the GPS proper-like (no more zip-ties)

Relocated Ignition Key (shaved one of the mounting tabs off of it)

Installed 300x2 watt radio (running GPS MP3 player into it) DAMN this thing is loud. (Volume control, amp, power switch, audio cables, blah blah blah)

Speakers are installed on either side of gas tank. Knees clear them just fine.

Installed Fan Overide switch (Now I control when the fan kicks on if I want)

That's most of it

IMG_20120129_041440.jpg

IMG_20120129_041523.jpg

IMG_20120129_041423.jpg

IMG_20120129_041639.jpg

IMG_20120129_041358.jpg

2012-01-21_00-40-29_444.jpg

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to What did you do to your DRZ400 today?