What did you do to your DRZ400 today?

Crunch406

What I did in the last 3 days...

Installed new petcock o ring and ims gasket

New front sprocket lock washer plus the threadlocker on shafts.

New circa barends and new plastic for bark busters

2 new rubber bands for headlight

New grips ( the old ones were so old and bad that they were literally melted/gooey at almost freezing temperatures.

Air filter, oil change and filter

New gas line with metal element filter

New vent line for tank

• Like 2

RickH
That looks just like the raptor petcock

It is one for that and the wr400. I had originally bought a super cheap one off eBay and it needed a lot of fuel line to make it to the carb off of the new drz"e" tank so this particular one was on amazon and had one day shipping seems to be pretty nice in quality aswell
  • Like 1

Tried installing a jetted slant FCR39 today, but was not a success. My settings were:

-160 Main Jet

-45 Pilot Jet

-Removed Pilot Air Jet

-200 Main Air jet

-JD needle, clip 3rd

I've read recently that I'm supposed to keep the pilot air jet installed, so I'll tinker with the carb a bit tomorrow, and reinstall that 60 pilot air jet. The bike does run, but only when the choke is fully open, and cuts off as soon as I close the choke.

A buddy and I got bored and had some stainless bar and plate laying around so we decided to make a rack. We didn't really like how many of the aftermarket racks were bulky and squared so we fabbed this one up to try to flow with bike a lil more. It'll be perfect to hold bookbag as that's all we need in big city anyways.

50921972858__8CDEA98E-DB25-4A2A-B1A4-1030FBFD82F9.JPG

50921975477__3DEE10FB-2234-4033-804F-3A8916BBE647.JPG

• Like 12

On 2/18/2017 at 6:11 PM, rickhorror said:

It is one for that and the wr400. I had originally bought a super cheap one off eBay and it needed a lot of fuel line to make it to the carb off of the new drz"e" tank so this particular one was on amazon and had one day shipping seems to be pretty nice in quality aswell

Does you know of a compatible vacuum petcock with a right angle gas port like the WR400 petcock? I prefer vacuum to manual because I'm lazy, but with the Clarke 3.9, it would be nice to have a more compact petcock.

Does you know of a compatible vacuum petcock with a right angle gas port like the WR400 petcock? I prefer vacuum to manual because I'm lazy, but with the Clarke 3.9, it would be nice to have a more compact petcock.

I have the stock petcock on my Clarke 3.9 and use all the stock fuel lines with no issue. I did a quick search around and had not found any 90 degree vaccuum petcocks. But if I see one I'll shoot you a message
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, E2Moto said:

Finally got my FCR39 slant carb working for my DRZ today, and man, it's a night and day difference from a jetted BSR36 carb. More power in all gears, and my bike still pulls me quite hard even when riding at 70 MPH in the freeway. Great upgrade!?

I hope to do this soon. I'm rebuilding an old E model one. Was yours nice and clean or did it require some work?

20 hours ago, HansLanda said:

I hope to do this soon. I'm rebuilding an old E model one. Was yours nice and clean or did it require some work?

It took some work, and I'm still tinkering with it. My bike tends to go at very low idle whenever I hold the clutch in while applying brakes to stop, and I think I might have to mess with the idle adjuster a bit.

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to What did you do to your DRZ400 today?