What did you do to your DRZ400 today?

Crunch406

3 minutes ago, Gorlo77 said:

E header or powerbomb would be better but you'll probably have to rejet for that bigger pipe

i've JD set so i have 25 pilot and 145,145,155,160 .. actually using 155 main jet and blue needle on #3 clip,i am riding at +-1450 feet sea level . can i rejet with these jets or get some anothers?

guys i need advice -- suzuki DRZ-S 3x3mod, JDjetkit, stock exhaust vs same mods except DRZ E header pipe mounted to stock DRZ-S muffler .. is E ( or powerbomb header)  good idea or its waste of money? :lame:[emoji317] ty for replies [emoji4]

I'm not sure the stock S silencer will bolt to a E header or aftermarket without modification. The S exhaust diameter is smaller. If you want quiet and power I'd save for a FMF Power Bomb with a Q4 silencer.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

I'm not sure the stock S silencer will bolt to a E header or aftermarket without modification. The S exhaust diameter is smaller. If you want quiet and power I'd save for a FMF Power Bomb with a Q4 silencer.

Is there a power difference between the Q4 and Powercore 4 silencer? I have the Powerbomb with Powercore 4 now. I wouldn't mind it being quieter but don't want to lose power by swapping to Q4. Thx, Ken

Thanks, it’s a 2013 with 3200 miles. I just picked it up about a month ago from the original owner with trail tech voyager, 3x3, sudco carb, MRD pro comp exhaust, and proper jetting. Besides those performance upgrades the bike was bone stock. I have since added 50 stunt axel sliders, unabiker skid plate, unabiker rad guards, B&B engine covers, SMF 12 bar, rear handbrake with separate brake system, zeta blue accessories, led headlight, and I also have a tst industries taillight on its way. After getting rear ended on my Buell 1125r I was ready for something different. My first bike was a KLR650 but I hated how big it was and haven’t gone back to dirt since so I went with the DRZ400SM this time. After I found the one I wanted in almost identical colors to my 1125r, I went all in. Adding this beast to my garage was a great idea, if I ever sell it will definitely be for another sumo.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ondastreet said:

How do you like it ? I have one sitting on the bench next to my stage 2 Hotcams. 

On the street the quick turn throttle works well, no more bent wrist at WOT. I have not had a chance to take the bike out in the dirt since the install, some say it may be too sensitive for that application, if so the tube will come off. The tube itself seems to be a bit short for the hand grips, I have seen threads where some extend the length by taping a piece of the old plastic tube to the new aluminium tube. I have not done that yet, right now the grip just extends past the tube a half inch or so, it does so without binding on the handlebar itself. I have the tube slid up on the handlebar so that the grip does not contact the hand guard bar end mounts.

• Like 1

Finally installed my MZS folding levers, I guess the s and sm DRZ have a different brake lever compared to the e model but I had to cut this little bracket off, file a stock radius into it and then drill a hole for the return spring. Only took ten minutes so it wasn't a big deal, they look killer and will go nicely with my red silicone hoses and new graphics! 

20180101_143647.jpg

20180101_143655.jpg

20180101_143811.jpg

20180101_143859.jpg

20180101_143942.jpg

20180101_144632.jpg

20180101_144648.jpg

20180101_144658.jpg

s-l400.jpg

• Like 7

I'd lik

28 minutes ago, Ctopher86 said:

Got some new IMS pro series pegs, vent tubes, goggles and quick straps.

20180102_172153.jpg

Nice pick up! I'd like to get some new pegs as well and just can't decide between the Pro series or the Super Stock series... Let us know how you like them. I've always wanted to try out the quick strap as well! 

• Like 1

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to What did you do to your DRZ400 today?