What did you do to your DRZ400 today?

Crunch406

12 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Are they fairly easy to pop back out?

As easy as you'd want them to be - they aren't going to rattle loose but still fairly easy.

Also made these up as well just to go add to it all - mirror mount plugs in matching colour

Mirror Plug.png

• Like 2

On 10/15/2018 at 11:02 PM, Remlapw said:

Modelled up and made some frame plugs for those ugly holes the rear swing arm/engine mount bolt go through.

Super stoked how they turned out in the end :D

LHS Cap Top Black.PNG

RHS Cap Top Black.PNG

IMG_20181015_130141.jpg

IMG_20181015_160057.jpg

IMG_20181015_155853.jpg

I love this! I hope you don't mind if I copy your idea for my own personal use? How did you measure that radius on the brake lever side? Looks like you got a perfect fit

As easy as you'd want them to be - they aren't going to rattle loose but still fairly easy.
Also made these up as well just to go add to it all - mirror mount plugs in matching colour

447215074_MirrorPlug.png.6b2b73510263bc6cdd615c74738fd81f.png
Just checking . They need to be easy to remove without damage. The swingarm pivot is a maintenance item. It's not to be hidden and forgotten about. The covers are cool though. If they trap water however that might not be such a good thing.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bm1997 said:

I love this! I hope you don't mind if I copy your idea for my own personal use? How did you measure that radius on the brake lever side? Looks like you got a perfect fit

Just used a set of vernier calipers to do it

1 hour ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Just checking . They need to be easy to remove without damage. The swingarm pivot is a maintenance item. It's not to be hidden and forgotten about. The covers are cool though. If they trap water however that might not be such a good thing.

Thanks - i know it's a maintenance item and will keep and eye to see how things go. It's going to start getting wet here pretty quick so I'll be able to see if it's keeping moisture out, trapping it in.  I might make a small hole in the bottoms of the caps to allow for some air/drainage

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mightymikee said:

Where are you getting those brackets?

Its just flat pieces of stainless steel strapping. Galv steel strapping would work too. I just cut the stock headlight mount to allow for the new headlight to clear and made the slotted brackets to allow for adjustment. The Buell headlight bolt pattern makes for a pretty easy fit. Now I just need to wire everything.

7 hours ago, mmccarthy7220 said:

Its just flat pieces of stainless steel strapping. Galv steel strapping would work too. I just cut the stock headlight mount to allow for the new headlight to clear and made the slotted brackets to allow for adjustment. The Buell headlight bolt pattern makes for a pretty easy fit. Now I just need to wire everything.

Where can I buy them?   It would make my (or anyone elses) project so much easier.  Thanks.

GSXR wind screen ($15), attached to headlight shroud with 3/4 & 2" stand offs using dbl stick tape.   Wind hits neck level, very minor buffeting crossing an 18 wheeler bow wake.

IMG_2157.JPG

edit: clears front brake line.

Edited by 38super
  • Like 3

I was bored so I wrapped a few things in carbon fiber vinyl: Lower forks, frame guard, and a little bit on the tank. I’m thinking about doing the back fender also instead of buying a black one. Still debating which oversized tank I want but it will be black...D53E08F3-81DF-4AC5-B4ED-11805DB7B6EE.jpeg.70c7fded7180b6973a03f7f788c92093.jpeg2E071519-31BF-47CE-A756-29063188A893.jpeg.718673bcfc70fd04d9f25e48f629b385.jpeg229604F0-AFCB-4952-9F44-85BD6B367EE0.jpeg.6f1d0705c91c2145201df18a1a0c7345.jpeg

Edited by John Irvine
  • Like 4

Just done my ACCT converted it to a MCCT was so easy, just remove from bike by taking out end cap remove spring undo 2 cap bolts . Once out drive pin out that holds ratchet clip, then everything comes out . Now all you have to do is (NO DRILLING) tap it  out to 7/16 thread get a 4" bolt with a jam nut . I ground the head of bolt round to push up against cam chain guide, insert bolt from inside of housing and put washer and jam nut on outside . Then just install it back on bike, adjust bolt till you feel it touch , start bike turn bolt out and in till rattle goes away and tighten jam nut YOUR DONE ! 

Finished installing the lynx fairing. I love the way it looks but am fairly disappointed with the fitment. I had several issues with clearance and had to completely redrill the top two holes. The fairing seems to be slightly asymmetrical also or the mounts are crooked. Adjusting the headlight is a bit much. I would much have rather had a couple small knobs to turn so you wouldnt have to take it completely off to adjust. I will be traveling loaded but also commuting so it’s kind of an inconvenience. Also had to shim the fender, might not normally be an issue but I have the yz front. Kind of interesting is the low beam is shaped in a way that it’s higher on the right, illuminating the roadside. High beam bleached the paint on the side of my shed... BRIGHT:jawdrop:. Wind protection is exactly what I wanted though. I got the touring and sport screen and didn’t notice until it was all together, but you have to remove the headlight to swap screens?. Need to commit to one I guess.

9C3850D8-2FCD-445E-A97F-8F06ABCF1E18.jpeg

C368FDEE-56D7-4246-BBF3-B6EAAE27C785.jpeg

16038E6A-6E0A-461C-B34D-23A84F64F8DA.jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CAPT ED said:

Just done my ACCT converted it to a MCCT was so easy, just remove from bike by taking out end cap remove spring undo 2 cap bolts . Once out drive pin out that holds ratchet clip, then everything comes out . Now all you have to do is (NO DRILLING) tap it  out to 7/16 thread get a 4" bolt with a jam nut . I ground the head of bolt round to push up against cam chain guide, insert bolt from inside of housing and put washer and jam nut on outside . Then just install it back on bike, adjust bolt till you feel it touch , start bike turn bolt out and in till rattle goes away and tighten jam nut YOUR DONE ! 

I have swapped out the ACCT which has 9300 miles.  

I noticed some ticking with the ACCT but after swap, the noise is gone. 

I think this MOD Is the MUST Mod on DRZ.