What did you do to your DRZ400 today?

Crunch406

Finally got around to installing my FCR. Figured it would take me a couple of days (haven't done a carb before). After three hrs its done! No problems at all and way easier than I expected. I even spent another hr afterward double checking to make sure I did it correctly. Just waiting on my RS-2 this week!!

I put on my rs 3,and began to route my harness,trying to find a way to make it look cleaner on the bike than suzuki did.Mounted my kickstand.and footpegs,installed oil lines and drain plug.Need coolant and a clean spot on the frame to ground my coil on plug ignition to,but thats for tomorrow.

Now you guys just have to paint that black footpeg silver. Best match for the drz I have found is a silver/grey engine spray and then I add spray paint clear over that. Normal silver/grey doesn't match , but when you add the clear it's a perfect fit.

You guys spend too much time riding and too little time working on the bikes.

Cheers Rudolph

Just bought my 1st DRZ SM this March:

Switched out the bootleg tail light (installed when I bought it) for an EDGE tail light. Rewired the rear turnsignals (poor installation by previous owner). Rode in the cold/rain for about an hour. Then I started taking off the OEM headlight to fit the Buell headlight I ordered myself for my B-day.

Oh, I remembered how much I missed riding and that this SS hardware needs removal from my ankle soon. :prof:

I ordered a Trick dual sport kit, 1 left KTM Duke Mirror and a DRZ-S clutch lever/perch assembly so I have a place to mount the mirror.

Also ordered some D606 DOT tires..... I'm going to be "for real" legal when I'm done with this thing.

Tomorrow I'll order a kickstart kit, once I receive it I'll fix the water pump leak and lock tite the primary nut. Someday I might actually ride the bike.

Started modding today...

3X3 mod

JD jet kit

Removed the silly saftey start switchs

I am watching for the brown truck, My Yoshi RS-2 and UNI filter are suppose to be here tomorrow. The snow is almost gone, might get to go for my first ride this weekend:thumbsup:

I started the 3x3 today and it came out nice. I then screwed up the carb today while drilling out the plug:cry: . got into the threads so bad that my adjusted screw just rocks back and forth. After some very helpful advice I ordered the FCR39 carb kit. What a costly mistake :bonk: but I am sure I will get it going to be able to ride next weekend. This weekend is all tarmac for me. :confused:

Once I am completed with all the mods I have done over the last 2 months I will post pictures and get my garage set up. :prof:

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to What did you do to your DRZ400 today?