Crunch406

What did you do to your DRZ400 today?

I removed the pants guard and case saver to clean off all the crud and old grease that was in there. Also checking that the nut is still good and tight.

Got done installing aftermarket headlight and Hand gaurds .. whata Beast.

DSCN6034.jpg

I hate black bikes................But I like this one!

Finally, I have room for gas. I installed a net higher compacity Acerbis tank and new stickers. The stickers didn't quite fit the tank.

DSC_0006-1.jpg

Edited by underbike

I did alot today. Valve job. Ex. valves were fine. Intake valves were still in spec at .10 but running hotcams. So i reshimmed at got them to .15. I had been running a zeta clutch lever for the last 2 years and put on a RSC. It rocks. Plastic dipped my hooligan rims and put on some new shinko 705s.

I'm gonna be running the 705s without a tube. The 140 rear and 120 front are tube-type tires. I don't think is gonna be an issue running without a tube and they beaded up fine. Anyone else run a similar setup have any problems running without a tube in a tube-type tire?

8075770601_72022c6b21_c.jpg

8075761968_c37caa8a72_c.jpg

New clutch cable! got my subframe welded and remounted, got er all fitted, somehow unseated my intake boot from the carb so spent 5 mins wrestling it back on and snugging it up. Running great after a long hiatus!

How is your tank "boken"?

The tank is leaking at the left side recess that slides over the rubber bumpers on the frame. I wont ship it since it wreaks of fuel.

I installed the IMS 3.2 and Unabiker guards. The Unabikers took a bit of modding to get them to fit around the Mishimoto radiators. It all feels very sturdy now.

Washed it. Rode it about 30 miles, boring street but did a couple wheelies. Removed the tool pouch and replaced the factory bolts with some stainless hardware.

what are you doing with the tool pouch? my 09 doesnt have one and with my luck im going to need all the tools i can carry with me and somewhere to keep my insurance for easy access...

Pulled my motor today AGAIN. This motor has spent more time with ups and in a cooler recently than it has in my bike. going out tomorrow. maybe mine will beat some other ones there? It takes 5 days. which would be monday and they're closed. booooooo!