Crunch406

What did you do to your DRZ400 today?

What's your weight m8?...Ahhh the magic mushy's are good for problem solving.... :crazy::goofy::awww::wacko::lol:

I haven't hit the scales in quite a while but around 80kg, 186cm and I like long romantic walks along the beach..... :cool:

I haven't hit the scales in quite a while but around 80kg, 186cm and I like long romantic walks along the beach..... :cool:

Ok, same specs as me ...RE..Seat Concepts>>>>> I find it taller everywhere and makes the bike feel smaller, I guess I will get used to it....

BTW...That's a Pass on the long walk thing...lol

Edited by Craigo 485sm

Same, the first time I rode it I was a little unsure but when I got used to it I like the feel/feedback of the seat.

[that sentence should finish with]...... on the beach with my girlfriend and dog. :)

• Like 1

Not exactly today but...

Went riding in and around Ocotillo. Eff'ed up my shoulder big time with a get-off at about 50mph on a power line road.Had to ride back to camp a good 50 miles away with a non functional shoulder. My car and my brothers truck got stuck on the way out. Had to get both vehicles unstuck while in massive pain and could barely use one arm, all after dark.

We were all setup to do La-B-2-V to boot. I got my MRI results and looks like I will recover 100% with no surgery (thank God). Just some very serious muscle trauma.

I got to test out my British Motorcycle Gear Adventure jacket, Klim Dakar pants and Klim Inversion gloves. Dakar pants are a 100% recommendation for hot or cold with great ventilation if needed. The gloves are ok. They dont breathe and collect moisture inside. When it gets cold, the moisture gets cold. The jacket did/didnt survive very well. The drink bladder is useless and was the primary reason i purchased the jacket. On my 50mpg get-off it ripped the left shoulder open. Luckily it didnt rip the material but ripped the stitching open so I can get it repaired the local dry cleaner repair shop.

My DRZ/tank doesnt have any damage. It re-positioned my left Zeta hand guard but thats it!

Bummer to miss B-2-V again but at least the doc's dont have to cut on me. :cripple:

THE LEGEND LIVES!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Whats the comfort level like compared to standard?

The seating comfort is very good, the extra width and I suspect the foam density is the reason for added comfort over the stock seat..

The only thing that is initially annoying ,that probably more relates to lanky legged taller riders, is the step between narrow and wide is somewhat quick..If you sit a little back on the seat I find my inner thigh rides on this width transition area....

I have only had one ride on the bike since fitting the new seat, so this maybe something I will adapt to...but as far as actual bum comfort, this concept seat rates highly..

DSC02472-2.jpg

DSC02473-1.jpg

I ride to work and back, and I put new pillow top grips on when they came in the mail :)

you said it was off ebay, was this a private seller or a store front?

Private seller from Dubbo....You should do a "saved search" on ebay for "DRZ400 Seat Concepts"...they do appear occasionally...

The saved search feature automatically sends you an email to make you aware when one comes on the market...

What did you do to your DRZ today? Nothing! Looked at it, looked at the storm outside, and knew that it wasn't leaving the garage today.

Winter preped it and parked it in it in the back corner of my friend garage for the winter. But over the winter it will be getting some new parts and some much needed maintenance done to it.

Private seller from Dubbo....You should do a "saved search" on ebay for "DRZ400 Seat Concepts"...they do appear occasionally...

The saved search feature automatically sends you an email to make you aware when one comes on the market...

Good one...thanks for the info. I have sent an email to an upholsterer down here in sydney to see what the cost of having one made up with some changes made. Will do the search regardless.

Yesterday I fitted a pair of Pirelli XCMH's. Today I installed a new UNI air filter with maxima oil, cutout the CS cover slots, moved the shift fork up one tooth, checked the fluids and tire pressure, lubed the chain, and washed it.

Then I rode it over to my dads and stole his mikuni off of his '12 with a JD jet kit. It was raining when I finished so I didn't dare ride it with the knobbies on wet pavement.

2012-11-17%252011.52.13.jpg

They do hook up pretty good on the lawn though.

Edited by xxdabroxx

Installed a 43T JT rear sprocket on the REAL E today....

No riding today?

Crap weather mate...not happy Jan.. :thumbsdn::rant:

Turned today into a maintenance day.....

Sun's out now! But, hasnt been a good weekend to ride.

I finally got my 2001 S running. Head, rings, gaskets, MCCT, and a whole slew of other things. It runs but I need to go through the carb. It only runs with the choke on.

IMG_0732.jpg

Edited by devilleader501