Jump to content
Crunch406

What did you do to your DRZ400 today?

Recommended Posts

I took my rear warp9 off and slapped it on my ktm because I didn’t have time to get a tube haha

IMG_3986.JPGIMG_3854.JPGIMG_7041.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The 94 retro graphics are pretty cool on the KTM.

Thanks . It’s just the second time I rode with them so they are still looking fresh. Some of this clay is already staining and breaking my soul haha
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks . It’s just the second time I rode with them so they are still looking fresh. Some of this clay is already staining and breaking my soul haha
If it stains it a butterscotch color then it will be 1996 retro graphics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put a 13 tooth front sprocket on my SM (13/38). It's kind of fun that it easily does 65mph stand up wheelies in 5th but sucks otherwise. Felt like I lost an entire gear. Its coming off and the 15 is going back on.

Any one looking for a 13 tooth front?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I bought my used DRZ' S it had a 13 on it. Chain wore through chain buffer block and into swing arm. My damage was minor, but I purchased a used swingarm just in case it happens again.

Put a 13 tooth front sprocket on my SM (13/38). It's kind of fun that it easily does 65mph stand up wheelies in 5th but sucks otherwise. Felt like I lost an entire gear. Its coming off and the 15 is going back on.

Any one looking for a 13 tooth front?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
When I bought my used DRZ' S it had a 13 on it. Chain wore through chain buffer block and into swing arm. My damage was minor, but I purchased a used swingarm just in case it happens again.
Yeah, I noticed the chain would ride harder at the pivot and thought about that possibility too. I'll just throw it in the spare part draw.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didnt do it today but more like 1 month ago before heading down to baja. So bright i love it

3C49F9A3-2813-4872-A3E7-6612BD94072D.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jjkaffun said:

Didnt do it today but more like 1 month ago before heading down to baja. So bright i love it

3C49F9A3-2813-4872-A3E7-6612BD94072D.jpeg

Haven't ever seen that set-up before. I had a TrailTech Baja Racing light, but it was just a single lamp.......this looks like LED heaven. VERY NICE!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's pretty cool, do they do a range of other countries flags
Not sure.... They came from Sri Lanka - to my surprise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Signman606 said:

Haven't ever seen that set-up before. I had a TrailTech Baja Racing light, but it was just a single lamp.......this looks like LED heaven. VERY NICE!!!!

It’s really bright. Awesomely bright. Bought the light off amazon it’s a 9” I think 96watt light. Pretty damn sweet. I did see xprite makes one with day time running lights also. I would’ve gotten that but they didn’t have it in white - I didn’t want to paint it. I made brackets out of 6061 that mount to the lower triple clamp and also on each side of the top triple. They bolt to the mount that came with the light. The light is rock solid. Have rubber dampers.  Would’ve liked to make a completely aluminum welded mount but ran out of time. The light itself is heavy. Personally I’m not exactly worried about weight on a drz. I have a yz250 so I’ll ride that when I need to. Everything is bolt on and all the wiring has disconnects. Ran a relay for the big light. I’m not exactly happy with the lower led, but needed something in the meantime as my low beam. I might try one of those crazy expensive little cubes in the future. I think the light cost me around 55$. 15$ in aluminum. Everything else I had sitting around. 

2D0D2519-6FB6-4BDE-B26D-748AC7E45469.png

0B1CCB3A-26A5-4897-9659-3FD90D06F25F.png

309EE8C3-A37D-4A80-86DA-1ABFE7975E10.png

E252243F-B460-423F-AB64-E7C4C3DF4359.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jjkaffun said:

It’s really bright. Awesomely bright. Bought the light off amazon it’s a 9” I think 96watt light. Pretty damn sweet. I did see xprite makes one with day time running lights also. I would’ve gotten that but they didn’t have it in white - I didn’t want to paint it. I made brackets out of 6061 that mount to the lower triple clamp and also on each side of the top triple. They bolt to the mount that came with the light. The light is rock solid. Have rubber dampers.  Would’ve liked to make a completely aluminum welded mount but ran out of time. The light itself is heavy. Personally I’m not exactly worried about weight on a drz. I have a yz250 so I’ll ride that when I need to. Everything is bolt on and all the wiring has disconnects. Ran a relay for the big light. I’m not exactly happy with the lower led, but needed something in the meantime as my low beam. I might try one of those crazy expensive little cubes in the future. I think the light cost me around 55$. 15$ in aluminum. Everything else I had sitting around. 

2D0D2519-6FB6-4BDE-B26D-748AC7E45469.png

0B1CCB3A-26A5-4897-9659-3FD90D06F25F.png

309EE8C3-A37D-4A80-86DA-1ABFE7975E10.png

E252243F-B460-423F-AB64-E7C4C3DF4359.png

Totally impressed!!!!! Nice job bud...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rode it, but decided that if I get my price I'm selling it or trading. It's fun, does what I thought I wanted.Which is doing the speed limit and power for hills. And playing around. But it's not a 2 stroke.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


  • Similar Content

    • By fudgypup
      Garrett Poucher and Skyler Howes of Garrett Offroad Racing are headed to Dakar!  These US privateers are headed there for their first times but Skyler is fresh off a victory at last week's Baja Rally, won the Sonora Rally in March and this team placed third in the Baja 1000.

      They have a fundraising link set up and could use your help.
      I raced with Garrett at Baja Rally last year and then both of them at Sonora and was honored to pit with them as well.  They're both super guys and work their assess off.  I think they both have good chances of not only finishing the 11 days of Dakar but placing well.
      They're doing some rally training events this Sat, Oct 20 in Santa Clarita, CA and then another Oct 28th in St. George Utah so if you've ever considered learning rally raid navigation, this is your chance!  It's a lot of fun too.  More info on that at the link.
    • By Big64N
      Good condition with a long list of high end upgrade parts.
      Rekluse EXP 3.0 with cover and slave
      EVO- Ellensburg suspension tuning for 6' 200# expert rider
      Fork bleeders
      Trail-tech map switch
      Moose 1-1/8 flex bar
      CYCRA probend bar guards
      SXS skid plate with linkage plate
      Clutch and water pump guards
      Frame guards
      Fastway Evolution III pegs
      SRT Pro Armor radiator and rear rotor guards
      Acerbic Front rotor guard
      TM designs chain guides
      DID race chain
      Renthal sprockets
      Gripper seat
      FMF F-bomb header
      Dirt Tricks timing chain tensioner
      Pro Wheel, wheels
      Tubliss front and rear
      New top end and valve adjustment 60 hours old
      Many more aftermarket parts as well as spare parts and service manuals included in the sale.  Willing to include 4 sets of tires with 80% tread left for full price.
      Great bike with plenty of life left and set up for anything from single track woods to wide open dessert.
      Can hang with any of the 450's but is much easier to handle in the tight woods.
      Priced to sell at $6000.00 
      Willing to consider reasonable offers but no trades or carry.
    • By filterx
      34 Days and what ever in Beautiful Chile
      http://www.fim-isde.com/home/
    • By Project57
      So if I can’t buy a used bike from out state looking for anyone that has or knows of a low mileage California 2017 / 2018 Beta 500 RRS?
      Thanks in advance!
    • By Project57
      Looking to buy a used Beta 2017 500 RRS from outside California.  Can I plate (Register with CA DMV) the bike in CA?  If so what is the best way?  Don't have the money to put down for a new bike from a Dealer in CA.  Any help or sugguestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
×