Sign in to follow this  

anyone been contacted by this possible buyer??

I'm trying to sell a couple things on the TT Classified Section & received this email.

I'm just asking if anyone ran into this buyer before??

I guess that I should just ignore it.

Anyway......here is the response I received:

==========================================================

meon is inquiring about: ALPINE STARS TECH 6 Boots ----- NEW !!!! SIZE 10

Hello seller,

How are doing today?hope evrything is alrigth, I'm interested in the immediate purchase of your item and the payment will be issue out to you in form of certified casher check. Will you be accepting a casher check/USPS money order? The payment that will be drawn by my client would include the cost for shipping this item to my client and We'll be responsible for the shipping of this item. Let me know your final asking price? Please send your full name and contact address so the payment can be made asap. contact me asap via e-mail for futher questions as regards this transaction,if you really show willingness in selling this item.

Thanks.

Click here to view the product.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=31832

==============================================================

HappyRiding !!

:thumbsup::ride:

I'm trying to sell a couple things on the TT Classified Section & received this email.

Hello seller,

How are doing today?hope evrything is alrigth, I'm interested in the immediate purchase of your item and the payment will be issue out to you in form of certified casher check. Will you be accepting a casher check/USPS money order? The payment that will be drawn by my client would include the cost for shipping this item to my client and We'll be responsible for the shipping of this item. Let me know your final asking price? Please send your full name and contact address so the payment can be made asap. contact me asap via e-mail for futher questions as regards this transaction,if you really show willingness in selling this item.

Thanks.

HappyRiding !!

Sounds fishy! He wants to make bizzness wid ju?

Make him pay thru Paypal.

Tell him to send u package wit da cash moniez.

from what i hear thease are always a scam, this person will probly be oversea's and send you too much money, also it being a casier check it will take some time for the bank to precess everything, meanwhile the person will say sorry i sent you too much money, now that you have it could you please send some back, if you fall for it you send the person some money back, being a nice guy and before its too late the bank calls you saying your casier check is no good and you recieved no money, i've never been involved with it, this is just the things i hear from friends.

Hello seller,

Thanks.

HappyRiding !!

Scammer!

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540074

He won't be bothering anyone here on TT anymore. bannedsmiley.gif

I say have them send you the check. Deposit it, tell him you are going to wire the money as soon as you get to Argentina as the police are after you for embezzlement and murder. Tell them to be patient as you have heal from the plastic surgery to change your face and fingerprints. Tell them you are also going to include a pair of glass slippers, size one as a gesture of good faith. Offer to sell a bridge you have cheap, but let them know you lost the title to it. Oh yeah, be sure to mention the refund of the overpayment will be for more than the amount due and to please wire the excess money to you.

Its a total scam, its been going around on Craigslist for a few years now, looks like they need fresh targets so they are showing up here in the classified section.

These overseas scams are awesome. (Meaning funny). If the cons would take the time to hire someone that could translate their language into real English, they might have more success. It's funny to read because you can tell that they are REALLY trying to make it sound like what they think an American would consider 'legitimate". You can also just totally tell that this writer actually believes that "asap" is a word.:thumbsup: Classic.

its a scam he will send more money than your asking and say it was a mistake. you will deposit the cashier check. it will clear. you will send him the overpaid balance and a couple days later the bank will tell you the cashier check is a fake and charge you 30 bucks for it. he doesnt care about getting the boots just the money you send him.

Hey beemer,

send him an e-mail and tell him you would like him to pick up the boots "one at a time", that way you can put a boot in his A$$ twice!! :thumbsup:

I am sorry my friend to not go for pick-up, the asap in my truck has been misplaced and borken.

These scams are really becoming a problem . I just sold an item on ebay for 500.00 . The guy sends me a money order from capital One Bank. Everything Looks Good. I take it to my bank and they tell me there will be ten day hold. So i ask if it is definetly good after the hold and she says no . It could bounce a month later. Man , I was pissed ! So what do i do ? I cant wait a month to ship the item . I guess its just not safe to take any money orders or cashiers checks. :thumbsup:

When I get an offer like that that I know is a scam I tell them to go ahead and send the check. I love scamming scammers. They get so mad

I think the same guy contacted me , i had a xr-100 in the tt classified same deal the email asked the final price and he would include shipping cost to pay his "shipper" i told the guy to call me he called from a blocked number with a thick nigerian accent i toyed with him for a while then told him to f**k off :thumbsup:

Be safe, cash or paypal. Its the only way to be sure your going to get your dough.

I think the same guy contacted me , i had a xr-100 in the tt classified same deal the email asked the final price and he would include shipping cost to pay his "shipper" i told the guy to call me he called from a blocked number with a thick nigerian accent i toyed with him for a while then told him to f**k off :thumbsup:

I get a couple of these every day from using craig's list to sell stuff locally.Some are funny but they get anoying.

Just ignor it... You will never get the money and you will loose your boots if you try to sell to him. Send to Brian to report the scam....

However, it would be cool if you screwed with him and recorded it all and say posted it on you tube and then posted the link... :thumbsup: