Sign in to follow this  

Jetting on 05 drz 400 with stage 2 hotcams

I posted a deal on this a few weeks ago. eddie said to run i 155 main stock air pilot(22.5) and clip postion #2. right now i have a 152.5 main stock pilot and i have alot of popping on deceleration. took it in to a suzuki shop where there is a fellow sm owner and he sniffed it for me, he said it was lean on the idle real bad and also at the main. he suggested and bigger pilot, he said he would go up 2 due to how lean it was, also 2 up on the main. i will be going to a custom motor shop tuesday to get jets due to the dealers dont have them in stock. every shop that ive talked to has told me to jet the bike i need to dyno tune it. is this true? any suggestion on jetting... I have an over rev box 3x3 mod dj spring and needle k&n stage 2 hot cams in&ex and a full yosh rs3 offroad pipe with no insert any input would be greatly appricated thanxs J P.s if dynoing is a must should i get a asortment of pilots up and down and get some lager mains(already have a dj kit with smaller jets 130 to 136):thumbsup::ride:

so no need for the pilot and i will be getting the 155 when i do its 2.5 turns out? I will be going to glamis,california here soon elavtion here in mesa,az is about 1500ft and glamis is about 500 will there be any need to rejet?

ok thxs tuesday i will pick up a 25 pilot and a 155 main 2.75 out on the second clip down from the top. correct?

ok thxs tuesday i will pick up a 25 pilot and a 155 main 2.75 out on the second clip down from the top. correct?

When tuning a bike with a variety of mods it is hard to pin down the required jetting for a given bike and altitude. Since there is alot of variability (typically). If you gave Eddie altitude mod status I'm betting you are okay.

He's done enough dyno's for all of us. :thumbsup:

I know mine I posted today is pretty good. It could likely be tweaked a bit by an air screw adjustment but I don't expect the fractional gains to be worth it. I say that since I pulled the baffle/arrestor out to sniff it, I always run with it in for my neighbours sake. My jetting is based on what Eddie told me on the board. (He did say it was just a guess though) :ride: