Arrowhead fire closures / what's open and not open?

I am getting mixed responses from the USFS depending on who I talk to. Does anybody have a definitive response on whether these trails are open? Any help would be appreciated.

3N34 – Deep Creek to Crab Flats

1W17 – Crab Flats to Big Pine Flats

2W01 – East side out of Devil’s Hole

2N33 – Silverwood lake to Pinnacles

I also called and went over that specific route with the ranger on the phone. She said it was open but I have not yet been their to try it. I guess the only way to confirm it is try it.?

Hi,

Any luck? I'm also interested in these trails. My route, specifically, (if anyone has details) would be Cleghorn to Silverwood, then 1w17xx (I think that's it) to 2n33 to the Pinnacles area and then the good stuff to Deep Creek, up out of the Creek, Crab Flats then Green Valley Lake for lunch. I'm DS'ed and can take detours, return via pavement, etc.

Hi,

Any luck? I'm also interested in these trails. My route, specifically, (if anyone has details) would be Cleghorn to Silverwood, then 1w17xx (I think that's it) to 2n33 to the Pinnacles area and then the good stuff to Deep Creek, up out of the Creek, Crab Flats then Green Valley Lake for lunch. I'm DS'ed and can take detours, return via pavement, etc.

No, I have not been up there lately. Probably won't be for awhile. Been hanging out in the desert.?

No, I have not been up there lately. Probably won't be for awhile. Been hanging out in the desert.?

Actually, I went to the link and it's pretty clear on the map what is open and what's not. WOW, lots of stuff closed but still some good stuff open.

Actually, I went to the link and it's pretty clear on the map what is open and what's not. WOW, lots of stuff closed but still some good stuff open.

Yea, the map is pretty specific and it follows the phone conversation I had with the ranger as far as what's open / closed. If someone has any actual verification (been up to 1W17) please post:thumbsup:

Based on my experience on Friday, 11/23

3N34 – Deep Creek to Crab Flats - CLOSED

1W17 – Crab Flats to Big Pine Flats - CLOSED

2W01 – East side out of Devil’s Hole - OPEN

2N33 – Silverwood lake to Pinnacles - CLOSED

Based on my experience on Friday, 11/23

3N34 – Deep Creek to Crab Flats - CLOSED

1W17 – Crab Flats to Big Pine Flats - CLOSED

2W01 – East side out of Devil’s Hole - OPEN

2N33 – Silverwood lake to Pinnacles - CLOSED

Thanks for the detail!

So is ALL of 2n33 closed? Like, gate locked at the dam parking lot, can't get 400yds up the trail to 2n17X?

From Pinnacles can you get on 3w11, 12, 13, etc east to Deep Creek? Is 3n34 closed AT Deep Creek or can you at least climb out on the east side (fun!).

Thanks again, thinking of going out there this weekend.

Thanks for the detail!

So is ALL of 2n33 closed? Like, gate locked at the dam parking lot, can't get 400yds up the trail to 2n17X?

Just the last stretch connecting to Pinnacles is closed, so there is no way to reach the Pinnacles if you stage out of Silverwood.

From Pinnacles can you get on 3w11, 12, 13, etc east to Deep Creek? Is 3n34 closed AT Deep Creek or can you at least climb out on the east side (fun!).

All the trails north of the lake are open. I did not go up the east side of Deep Creek, but I know there is a gate at the top and I imagine that is where they have closed it.

I would keep calling the Arrowhead ranger station, because things could change. I don't see any reason why they have to keep those areas closed.

Thanks for the detail!

Rich I just spoke with the Arrowhead Office.

1)You can not ride from Silverwood to the Pinnacles since 2N33, 3W14 are both closed.

2)You can ride all the stuff around the Pinnacles like 3W11, 3W12, 3W13 etc over to the T-6 Bridge but you can't go past that point.

3)You can ride over to Devil's Hole and ride up 2W01. ?

4)It definitely shrinks down what you can ride but you can still put together a pretty good loop.

1)You can not ride from Silverwood to the Pinnacles since 2N33, 3W14 are both closed.

2)You can ride all the stuff around the Pinnacles like 3W11, 3W12, 3W13 etc over to the T-6 Bridge but you can't go past that point.

4)It definitely shrinks down what you can ride but you can still put together a pretty good loop.

Walt,

Thanks. I really like the 3w11-13 stuff.

Gonna miss 2n33 and the whatever-x trail you hop on a couple minutes out of the parking lot.

Never done Deep Creek and 2w01 so there is that.

Malcolm Smith trail closed?

Walt,

Thanks. I really like the 3w11-13 stuff.

Gonna miss 2n33 and the whatever-x trail you hop on a couple minutes out of the parking lot.

Never done Deep Creek and 2w01 so there is that.

Malcolm Smith trail closed?

Those trails right out of the Pinnacles are alot of fun.

2N17X is the trail you're talking about and you can actually ride that trail but only to where it ends which is at 2N33.

The Deep Creek crossing and the 2W01 trail are one of the best parts of riding up there enjoy it. ?

Unfortuneatly it's still closed. :busted: :busted: :ride:

Rich can you ride this coming Wednesday 12/5? I've got an area that I've never ridden that I'd like to go explore. DS needed.

Yeah, it's looking like Sunday will be Cleghorn to the Dam, out and back on 2N17X. That's still pretty fun. "Might" then take 173 to Pinnacles and do that stuff too.

Wed 12/5 not likely, not if I expect to also ride on Sunday. I have to work now and then, unfortunately...

Does anyone know how much rain Arrowhead got? And if they will open these trails again because of the rain?