Time for a new set of tires

Well its time for me to get a new set, front and rear. I have an 06 450r. I need a tire that will last for a while but still keep traction. I ride many trials and some small tracks but in order for me to get to those i have to ride some railroad tracks and some back roads. What whould me a good tire for this? Thanks for any help.

I'll second the Millville. I only tried one because a new one was on a bike I bought. Pretty decent tire for the price, that's for sure. I only rode it on MX, though, in intermediate to sandy conditions. No rocks/stumps and such but it seems like a good tread pattern for that.

Ed

I like the Maxxis Desert IT as well for a all around tire. It has a thick side wall so it takes alot of abuse from rocks and w/ a HD tube pinch flats are rare. As for a front tire I like to run a softer compound for traction, so I run the Michelin S12. I run it from 10psi to 16psi depending on sandy or rocky conditions.

noooooooo on the kenda... i ride trails and some track and when i first got to colorado i had them on from dallas. i know totally diff area... but they went so fast i was like wow i will never buy anymore of them.... my friend got a good deal on some and he said the same thing.. they don't last on hard packed road/trails and you will be running on back roads and rail roads... no no no!! don't get them... they are cheap yeah but you will replace them fast! mx they are great!! i run the starcross or the maxxis

I have the 952 on mine. It did wear pretty good at first, but it seems to chunk out pretty easily. I'm missing side knobs on it and the middle knobs have not worn as well as I expected, plus several of them are chunked pretty good too.

I ride mostly hard packed tracks/trails with the occasional sand and rocks. I'm not saying the 952 is a bad tire, but I think I'm gonna give the Maxxis a try next.

I went on a week long trip to baja last march. The difference between the cross it and the desert it is people with the cross had chunks missing and almost no center tread after two days, and the desert it is still on my bike with plenty of usable tread. The desert is a great all around tire and last.