In the market for a Toy Hauler

I just sold an 02 21 ft Desert Fox toy hauler and I'm wanting to buy another bumper pull toy hauler in the 21 to 28 foot range.

What are your thoughts on brands out there?

I thought the Desert Fox was a very well built and nicely laid out design but would like to maybe try another brand out next time.

Would appreciate any links or info on other brands.

We have had bigger toy haulers in the past but we wanted to down size so we bought a forest river "work and play" we got the 28' it has a lot of "big' rv features like 2 40 gallon water tanks 2 30 lb lp tanks,full size shower,spray in bed liner in the back,50 amp service just to name a few. We really like our's and it pulls like a dream next to the lower cost small haulers!

We've been very happy with our Rage'n toyhauler

http://www.rageninc.com/

150 gallon water tank, real wood cabinets, nice interior, double queen-sized beds (bottom one turns into a sofa), 'wide body' 102" wide vs. 98", a 100% walk-on roof (which is nice if you're going to watch races), surround sound stero with indoor and outdoor speakers.....

We also did the captain's chairs vs. the dinette. Works well since there's just the two of us and you can move them around.

• 2 months later...

Desert Fox is the only "true" 4 season toy hauler I have seen. In the offset of the real 4 season, they have to cut on the storage capacity. I find that 80 gallons of fresh water is plenty for me though. If you are not in the upper northwest, you probably do not need 4 season for the most part however. For me, the extra insulation that Desert Fox offers is a major plus.

Desert Fox is the only "true" 4 season toy hauler I have seen. In the offset of the real 4 season, they have to cut on the storage capacity. I find that 80 gallons of fresh water is plenty for me though. If you are not in the upper northwest, you probably do not need 4 season for the most part however. For me, the extra insulation that Desert Fox offers is a major plus.

The 4 season is nice because I don't like to run a heater all night and below 35 is just a little nippy for me. I came within 5 minutes of buying a DF but it didn't have a generator in it.