Sign in to follow this  

Sunday, Dec 12, Cleghorn + Arrowhead exploring

Sorry, thread title should be Sunday, Dec 2

I'm gonna recon what's open or not...just because...

Where: McDonalds at 15/138

When: Sunday, Dec 2, 9am

Bike: must be DS, range of 80 or so?

Route: ride to Cleghorn and 15 then take Cleghorn and the easy/hard stuff to the Silverwood dam. From there, see if we can get on 2N17X. If yes, do that trail and I expect us to not be able to get to Pinnacles at all from the end of the trail. If that's the case, we flip it. Awesome trail, fun either way, fingers crossed. If we have to flip it, we'll likely ride back the way we came to the cars, or others can do below.

If 2N17x is closed we'll take 173 to Pinnacles and see what we see. I'd like to 3W11, 12, 13 towards Deep Creek, cross, and ride up 2W01 (never done this one).

Basically, be prepared to do pavement to get between trails. Cleghorn offers easy/hard options for everyone. However, 2N17X is black diamond.

Let me know if you're coming. Nissan Titan with red TE450.

Rich you open to travelling alittle bit further but riding some really good stuff? I'm talking some true single track and some hills that will make anything on 2N17X seem tame.:thumbsup: If you've still got my cell number call me if not I'll try to check in here tommorrow.

Rich you open to travelling alittle bit further but riding some really good stuff? I'm talking some true single track and some hills that will make anything on 2N17X seem tame.:thumbsup: If you've still got my cell number call me if not I'll try to check in here tommorrow.

Walt, thanks but I need a bit more of a shorter day. Thanks!

Walt, thanks but I need a bit more of a shorter day. Thanks!

Rich we're actually meeting at the McDonalds at 9 and have decided to ride the

Baldy Mesa/Phelan Sandhills area instead. If you'd like to join in feel free to just meet us there and ride with us.

Rich we're actually meeting at the McDonalds at 9 and have decided to ride the

Baldy Mesa/Phelan Sandhills area instead. If you'd like to join in feel free to just meet us there and ride with us.

Oh I might show up at 9 Walt, my plans have changed a tad

room 4 one more maybe?? would like to check that area out.

I don't go online on the weekends very often so I didn't see your post until this morning. We ended up with 8 on this ride and under the conditions we had one more wouldn't have been a problem. Maybe next time.

Rich how did your ride go? You missed a really good one. I actually made the big hill at Phelan for the first time yesterday.

Walt,

Ride was good. Cleghorn is open to the 138, we had fun playing on the hard stuff. When then hopped on 173 to the dam, then 2N33 to 2N17X, taking it to 2N33. Continue east until we came to the locked gate. There were 3-4 volunteer vehicles of people clearing deadwood. There is already a trail being cut from people going around the gate to the left. Just as we were talking to the volunteer rangers, 3 bikes came up from the other side of the gate, where they weren't supposed to be. The long and short, from talking to the volunteers, is that there are is some confusion about what gates are supposed to be open or shut, the net being that you could find yourself in an area you're not supposed to be in, even though you didn't go around any locked gates. Seems like things are very fluid with them deciding or coordinating what gates to open, lock, etc. We flipped it, dropped down from 2N33 to the Pilot Rock staging area to the 138 and then some other DS roads on the south side of the road. Then returned back via Cleghorn.

We didn't make it over to the Pinnacles area.