Sign in to follow this  

what air filter oil HELP !

i got a kx250f 08 and wondering what air filter oil is best for maximum air flow what u think ... ? some of the most avalable oils that i can get my hands on is probly motorex, motul, shelladvanced, spary on and sqwese in style... and a few others ! what do you guys think is best...

A magazine here in Australia has recommended canola oil....(***?) Has anyone used this?

I am deadly serious, my first reaction was "no way", but if you think about it there is no reason why not?

(All aussies are stupid and i am proving it right now!)

Maxima FFT is the best stuff you will ever use

Agreed. It is a very, very good product! :thumbsup::busted:

I use the Bel-Ray Foam Filter oil. Per recommendation of others who ride KTM's. Was using Honda Foam Filter oil for a while and liked that too. Have used the PJ1 spray type also, didn't like the spray as much as the bottled oil. Prefer oil that is blue also, easier to determine even coverage with red filters (ran UNI filters in last bike, still in wifes). Use Moose filters now, red oil would be fine, but heard the Bel-Ray is one of the most water repellent.

With the way those 250F's eat valves/heads, I'd be more concerned about getting the best protection from dirt, not the most air flow. I use Fuchs for max protection for all my bikes, even though I don't have a 250F.

• Like 1

With the way those 250F's eat valves/heads, I'd be more concerned about getting the best protection from dirt, not the most air flow. I use Fuchs for max protection for all my bikes, even though I don't have a 250F.

Exactly

I used no toil once, it past a miniscule amount of dust...never again

Switched it up to Maxima FFT, clean airboot everytime :thumbsup:

The top end on my bike is more important than using a filter oil that is easy to clean and biodegradeable... My two cents:busted:

Gotta flame ya on that one dude, valves are going south because of the seats not being concentric with the guide, its a Honda manufacturing flaw that is now resolved, sorry, mine went 2000 miles on the first set useing No-Toil. But you make a valid point......Gas for you.

Moose

for thos no-toil users where are you riding? ive been using this stuff for months with excellent results. i check my airboot everytime and its as clean as it did from the factory. if you make sure you get complete saturation of the filter then nothing will get past it.. but i do change it before every ride, and it does dry out fast so i dont reccomend leaving it on for a period of time.

Motorex Air Filter oil is excellent. It's very similar to Maxima FFT in that it goes on thin, which helps to get even coverage, then it becomes super tacky as the solvents evaporate.