Oven cleaner and sparkplugs

I tried it for the firs time this past weekend. And oh my how nice it worked. So i threw in about 6 wet fouled plugs and walaha they come out cleanner then new and work like a charm. Just wanted to say thanks again to the guy who mentioned it to everyone here. Saved me about 45 bucks

As I see your post is after midday, I will presume it is not an April Fools Day one, and give you a semi-serious reply...

You simply spray oven cleaner on the plugs, and let them sit for 24 hours, then clean them off with carb or brake cleaner stuff... no baking, no heat, just time... lightly dress the elctrode with a file and set the gap... Good as new!

As for the cookies, well, not too many of those, your bike is already hefty enough - you know it is diet time if you weigh more than your bike... ?

Cheers,

David

As I see your post is after midday, I will presume it is not an April Fools Day one, and give you a semi-serious reply...

You simply spray oven cleaner on the plugs, and let them sit for 24 hours, then clean them off with carb or brake cleaner stuff... no baking, no heat, just time... lightly dress the elctrode with a file and set the gap... Good as new!

As for the cookies, well, not too many of those, your bike is already hefty enough - you know it is diet time if you weigh more than your bike... ?

Cheers,

David

Hey chaindrive,

Were those airfilters you were putting through the washing machine?... bad enough your dirty riding gear, let alone greasy airfilters pre-soaked in simple green...

BTW, don't let the dog dry up, just put it to use as the pre-wash, - i.e let it lick the plates clean before you wash them up...

HTH, ?

David

...and if you "let" her catch you, you never "get" to do dishes again... ?:D

Kinda like "I been having a good time with a blonde a redhead and a brunette" in response to the hands-on-hips at the door: "Where the hell you been?"...Been using that so long she wouldn't believe me if it was true>> :D

We don't have to outsmart 'em, just keep 'em guessin'!! :D

[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: Chaindrive ]

I originally gave this tip. Works great on pistons, valves, heads, and exhaust pipes, too! I got quite a bit a carbonizes "sludge" out of the top end this winter by soaking the carbonized parts in oven cleaner.

Just don't use the industrial strenght stuff. Plain old easy off is the way to go..!

Wouldn't be the first time I got busted for letting the ole lady find engine parts in objectional places...like HER oven! I'm not even supposed to be in the kitchen anymore...past the fridge anyway. Something about letting the pup help me do dishes once... ?