01Wr426 SM SM front spacer problem

I'm almost done converting my 01-426 to SM, but the wheels I bought came off of an 06 WR or YZ, I'm not sure, the seller won't be around till tomorrow.

The hub on my new wheels looks like a WR type because its got the large opening and the two tabs on the throttle side of the wheel that look like they would drive an odo unit. But my 01 spacer-drive unit does NOT fit on this new wheel.

Question 1, does my front hub, from my description, sound like a yz type or wr type, or is there no difference?

Based on question 1, which right side spacer do I need a yz, or a wr?

My gut says that the hubs are different, because it looks like a yz spacer would leave the bearing exposed, and that wouldn't be right.

I'm almost done converting my 01-426 to SM, but the wheels I bought came off of an 06 WR or YZ, I'm not sure, the seller won't be around till tomorrow.

The hub on my new wheels looks like a WR type because its got the large opening and the two tabs on the throttle side of the wheel that look like they would drive an odo unit. But my 01 spacer-drive unit does NOT fit on this new wheel.

Question 1, does my front hub, from my description, sound like a yz type or wr type, or is there no difference?

Based on question 1, which right side spacer do I need a yz, or a wr?

My gut says that the hubs are different, because it looks like a yz spacer would leave the bearing exposed, and that wouldn't be right.

From your description it sounds like you need a WR spacer/odo drive unit for that hub, the description definitely sounds like a WR odo drive to me.

Can you take a picture? host it on flickr or something and post it up here so I can look at it.

I'll reply to my own post just to complete it. For my '01wr426, I fitted my SM wheels with WR250 hubs using '06YZ spacers and it fit together correctly.

Only problem is the throttle-side wheel bearing is exposed becuse there's no odo drive covering it anymore, so I'll use a sealed bearing and make some type of cover.

Hi, `im sure it`s the wr , mine`s the same and i can`t see em havin a speedo drive on a mx bike??

probably wrong tho- my wife say`s i am all the time,

i`ve got the `99wr and i`m supermoto in it, blew it up last week on mountain road- back wheel locked up at 60mph, i had mx gear on tho so i`m ok,got talon`s off 01yz,doin all bit`s to it, both hotcam`s etc,

what are you changin -just the wheel`s ??

took the engine out last week and stripped it , most of the bike is in a rubbish dump now in halkidiki !!!!!!!!:banghead:

It is the wr250, and, as i said, the problem was 2006 wr250 hubs on a 01 wr 426. After studying space widths on the on-line parts books, i realized the spacing was the same between an 06 wr and an 06 yz. So for much less $, I bought a simple set of yz spacers and it all came togther just fine. The wr throttle-side spacer/odo drive is $120, so for $15, the yz spacers worked great. I only have to seal the throttle side bearing and will probably just use a sealed bearing. So for my conversion, i put on a cycra front fender (looks bad-ass) and 14/43 gearing with a black anodized aluminum rear sprocket, non-oring chain, and a 320mm EBC front rotor and bracket kit. More changes to come will likely be cycra hand guards, a real mirror, a new chain slider and a better computer. I'm thinking I might have been better off with an o-ring chain, this setup is less power-robbing, most certainly at the cost of longevity. My initial rides are indicate no change in power characteristics and huge simle factor. Unfortunately, you can blame the weather on me, the night i got it done, the snow hit! However I put a picture of it on my phone and at least enjoy looking at it once in awhile!

Sorry your bike locked up, but as always, the main thing is that you are OK, glad you came through!!!